9 26.47%
  • ITS GOOD

12 35.29%
  • LOVE IT

2 5.88%
    Deleted

Invoker-hero class idea

Invoker

Just a side-note: I do not want nor possess the hability required to write an in-depth story or lore behind this class and its specs. Honestly I think that is better left for those who actually have that talent, so I will limit myself to the sole creation and conception of the class mechanics.

The Invoker is the most well-rounded spell casting hero class, due to his massive array of spells. Using his three elemental reagents and his Discharge skill, the Invoker can utilize an almost unending compendium of spells. Due to his complexity and fragility, the Invoker is a bad choice for newer players. With some experience, however, he becomes a force to be reckoned with. The Invoker is capable of massive area of effect damage, powerful disabling spells, very strong summons, and potent enchantments. While other spell casters tend to be focused in one area, the Invoker has the ability to change his role at will. Although mastering his spells takes perhaps the most practice of any hero class, he is definitely worth the time.
    This class would consist in a tank spec, one dps and a healer, while their combat style would be of a short ranged spell caster.

Armor: cloth, with stamina for healing spec, intellect for tank and agility for dps specs.
    Races: Draenae, Blood Elves,Goblins,Night Elves, Worgens, Gnomes, Trolls

Requirement: A mage with the Classic Raider and Outland Raider achievements.

For combat, the Invoker would use mainly medium to short ranged spells, so in that way it would be able to kite enemies away from melee range. Invokers make use of mostly channelled spells, meaning that apart from instant cast spells, or special buffs, it will only be able to cast one spell at a time, with the risk of it being interrupted. In addition, most of the channelled spells cannot be cast while moving, only some that are specifically designated. This would certainly revolutionize the play style in 3 ways:
    1st) it would bring a completely ranged tank that would have to fend off attacks actively using spells but would have an advantage against melee enemies due its ability to protect himself as well as allies in short range from a high amount of damage.
    2nd) it would bring a short ranged dps spec based on the shadow mage class in the sense that it uses high bursts of shadow damage as well as the manipulation of shadows to affect his enemies quickly
    3rd) it would bring a spec that would require the aid of pets to heal and although with limited range, it would have the best resource system for healing

ELEMENTAL COMBOS: (note that there will be specifications for each spec based on the choices they make on the tier 45 of the talent tree. Also, there are unique rules for each spec, in terms of what kind of combinations they can use:
    BM- The BM can only use the 6 same-type elemental combos, the 3 wex ,quas and exort combo and combos that use 4 charges of the element they choose;
    GW- The GW can use any combos that have the elemental charge they chose from the 45 tier talent;
    SW- The SW can only use 6 same-type combos

Spec Trees:

Glass Wraith – The faction of the Kirin Tor’s council that manipulates the secret magic of the dark glass, a mystical element that is capable of taking different physical properties and has the natural capacity for storing and boosting arcane and elemental energy through it. These dark glass adepts would be the short range damage dealers capable of converging their magic into shadow creations and telekinesis and with highly recurrent bursts of critical strikes to balance its damage with other intellect user classes. DPS tuned spec
    Dune Keeper– A fierce protector of the world, the Dune Keeper has been training in the Halls of Origination in order to unlock the immense power hidden within the vast plains of his mind, which is why it can withstand attacks with powerful spells and magic. The Dune Keeper have strong ties with the titans, which have long chosen their ancestral masters to protect the world before. This tank spec is capable of landing a good amount of utility spells, along with a very solid defensive array of abilities. They excel in keeping enemies at range while using magic to protect himself and his allies, by taking advantage of highly developed kiting abilities as well as powerful shielding magic.[U] Tank spec and CC spec
    Blood Mage– A blood mage employs dark rites, originally taught to mortals by demons, in order to access more powerful magic. A blood mage must be willing to sacrifice their own life force or that of others in order to wield this power(this is my vision of a blood mage, but since it is comonly mistaken by the mere use of fire by blood elves I guess I could call it another thing that I am yet to care about =P). Basically, this spec is designed for healing and support purposes at medium range using variations of warlock's life siphon for short aoe heals and CC abilities like Blood Puppet, manipulating the blood of their enemies around them. Healing and CC spec

Now for the Combat Mechanics

Invokers use a portable Canister made of an ancient and mysterious element called the "Dark Glass". Inside the canisters, they store all their power, in other words, "mana" but with slightly different properties, meaning sand for the tank spec, blood for the healer spec and volts for the dps, which in practice means that the resource bar has the same resource limit of the common mage, but it can change its elemental state between quas, wex and exort, which would be portrayed on the same place as a hunter's aspects, but these do not bring any effects.
    Moving on, the use of spells generates a special charge, similar to what happens with rogues. Secondly, the Invoker would generate this special charge, which would either be quas, wex or exort, based on the elemental state active at that moment, and spend the sequence of charges to cast a different spell. However, the Invoker should not have an edge against other mana users so, in order for this to be balanced, the Invoker would only be able to generate charges, if completing their spell's channelling or casting (instant cast spells won't generate charges). In order to activate the 6 charges combo, the player would need to click on the “discharge” button. This way, the player can build up the charges he wants, and save them to use when it pleases him. But, as very important aspect to the gameplay is that if the elemental charges collected do not make a usable combo, the discharge effect will not work and all charges will be lost.

Visually, every time a charge is stored for an elemental combo, it should make its appearance in an arc over the Invoker's head, coming from one shoulder to the other, just like Kael'Thas.
    LIKE THIS:

If you know "dota" and have played with Kael the invoker, you know what I am thinking.

Abilities:
    DPS SPEC ABILITIES
    DPS SPEC COMBOS

TANK SPEC ABILITIES
    TANK SPEC COMBOS

HEALER SPEC ABILITIES
    HEALER SPEC COMBOS

TALENT TREE-http://mop-talent-grid-maker.appspot.com
    ID is:293001
    Edit: talent tree link does not seem to be working this time so u guys will have to go the long way and enter the full adress. SORRY =S

PS: for those that have followed my work/hobby in the past, plz disregard any battlemage references on the posts below, as I have started it fresh(with an all new and exciting gameplay ^^) now that I have finished recycling it into this hero class. U can go check out through my signature. Cya around!
    Last edited by mmoc4874008d12; 2012-11-20 at 04:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately your link doesn't work and I can't find your tree. Can you repost your link?

Edit: Nvm - just search for xikfreits as the author.

By the way - that site is godawful, full of bugs...ugh

OT: Mind Track would have to be the best idea I've seen in any talent tree. Great thing to have in PvP
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-09-08 at 11:33 PM.

Deleted
    That's right guys, search for xikfreits on the site mop-talent-grid-maker.appspot.com and u will find talent trees for all my classes except the tinker which is still in development... And thx for the feedback Darsithis =)
    Last edited by mmoc4874008d12; 2012-09-25 at 06:23 PM.

Deleted
    Votes OPEN!!!! OMG!!! NOW YOU CAN VOTE AND EXPRESS UR OPINION EFFORTLESSLY??! COOLEST THING EVER!!!
    WHAT R U W8ING 4?? VOTE NOW!! XD

Quote Originally Posted by DonQShot View Post
    Votes OPEN!!!! OMG!!! NOW YOU CAN VOTE AND EXPRESS UR OPINION EFFORTLESSLY??! COOLEST THING EVER!!!
    WHAT R U W8ING 4?? VOTE NOW!! XD
    My good DJ cat, a vote is a sacred thing that should not be wasted so easily.
    << What I Look like. ^^Shit I say.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frioz View Post
    My good DJ cat, a vote is a sacred thing that should not be wasted so easily.
    LOL XD. I say, wow has become almost a sacred thing brother... =P
    Last edited by mmoc4874008d12; 2012-10-01 at 03:47 PM.

Deleted
    Not enough grounding in pre-existing lore, IMO.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arridor View Post
    Not enough grounding in pre-existing lore, IMO.
    Can't argue that, cause the way I see it, there's nothing to argue lol. Just like Worgens and Draenei, Blizzard would have to create at least a recent past lore, in order to make it into the game. So I decided to rewrite the lore behind the specs so hopefully now you may all relate better with the class. Nonetheless, I think it's fairly easy to relate this class healing spec to blood mages as it manipulates fire and drains power from his health. The sand warden is kind of based on the Keeper of the Grove class, although to a very limited extent(but the baseline role of Azeroth's protection is well evident), and the Glass wraith is basically a shadow mage, not a shadow priest, which is very different thing...
    Last edited by mmoc4874008d12; 2012-10-05 at 04:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Opening this thread back up again.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Opening this thread back up again.
    TY SO MUCH! And in good time, since I am now at the finish line of polishing the rotations for my classes and this is the last one on the list =^) So get ready for some updates soon! SO hopefully, this becomes a very prolific thread!Meanwhile those who are keen to new things and are open minded, hopefully all of u =P, can check out my other finished classes!
    Last edited by mmoc4874008d12; 2012-10-15 at 08:23 PM.

Deleted
    Hello there! It is now time for me to present the fully finished healer spec rotation. For the time being I will stop making classes but to those that have followed my work and liked it, I would like to leave a BIG BIG THANK YOU!

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a lot of thought into all of these, but I just wonder if they're too complicated. I mean, from the Blood Mage's final combo:

The BM activates the Unforgiving Trinity, giving and receiving special bonuses and abilities whenever he has a Super Blood Puppet and a First of the Brood target active at the same time. For each of them to receive the bonus, they must be at least 20 yd from each other:
    BM- The BM gains the Life Feast ability, which drains 50% of its damage as health to the BM and deals 73% weapon damage. Also, the BM gains 15% critical hit chance every time the First of the Brood scores any critical hit, lasting for 10 sec.
    FotB-Increases by 2% his strength for every elemental charge active on the BM, and allows him to heal himself constantly for 5% of his own health every 5 sec, if under the Transfusion spell
    SBP- The SPB receives DNA information from the FotB, gaining the same attack power value and one unique physical ability.
    That's a lot of detail and it's far from the only ability that reads just as complicated. How would fights be worked out so that it's feasible to place them 20 yards apart? How will the player know? Just curious how that stuff can really work in the sometimes fairly hectic world of raiding.

Deleted
    Hey there fellow Azerothians =).
    This will be, I believe, the final update I will have the pleasure to announce, before I send this ideas to Blizz... I have successfully copyrighted this concept and so I am here hoping for your kind reviews, which are always a good feedback and sign of how good and acceptable my concepts are.
    So, be aware, the time is now for you to decide what can be the next (hero) classes! Have fun reading!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    There is a lot of thought into all of these, but I just wonder if they're too complicated. I mean, from the Blood Mage's final combo:

That's a lot of detail and it's far from the only ability that reads just as complicated. How would fights be worked out so that it's feasible to place them 20 yards apart? How will the player know? Just curious how that stuff can really work in the sometimes fairly hectic world of raiding.
    Oh did you think that they need to be 20 yds apart? No, they need to be under 20 yd hehe. it would work easily actually. Since the Blood Mage and the Super Blood Puppet are like master and pet, they naturally are always near each other. And since this is a short/medium ranged caster class, the blood mage needs to be near the First of the Brood in order to heal him. This means that parties with a blood mage as a healer would generally need to stay close to each other, but this does excludes the ability of the blood mage to use its blood puppets to heal far away allies. In the other hand, the lack of range of the blood mages is counterbalanced by them being probably the most powerful healing class, since their heals are based on the enemies own health. Plus they have almost unlimited resource thanks to the Blood Pouch skill =)

EDIT: YO DARS, u never gave ur opinion back! I want to know how u feel about it now =)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DonQShot View Post
    Hey there fellow Azerothians =).
    This will be, I believe, the final update I will have the pleasure to announce, before I send this ideas to Blizz... I have successfully copyrighted this concept and so I am here hoping for your kind reviews, which are always a good feedback and sign of how good and acceptable my concepts are.
    So, be aware, the time is now for you to decide what can be the next (hero) classes! Have fun reading!
    As long as you copyrighted the concept you can be sure 100% Blizzard won't use it . Ever.

They said again and again they avoid using specific players ideeas in the game cause they are scared about the copyright laws . And want to avoid further complication. They borrow only general ideas and avoid any specific one .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vandam View Post
    As long as you copyrighted the concept you can be sure 100% Blizzard won't use it . Ever.

They said again and again they avoid using specific players ideeas in the game cause they are scared about the copyright laws . And want to avoid further complication. They borrow only general ideas and avoid any specific one .
    I can always try and sell it to them, if I get the support of the MMO-C community, that is! XP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bumping your threads by deleting and reposting your posts is not allowed