searing flames broken?

i was a shaman in wrath and i had to server transfer at the start of cata if i wanted to raid so i had to leave the shaman behind but now i'm leveling a new one, on my new server im leveling resto/enhance and queuing as both. i hit level 40 in the last instance i was in as resto and then got into another instance and was told to be a dps so i went enhancement and i noticed i had searing flames but when i use my totem and i can see searing attacking but its not adding stacks. i believe i got searing flames at lvl 34. so its not the issue of "oh you haven't gotten it yet" because i do have it.

You may not be noticing but its a buff on yourself now, but for all I know they could've changed the level you get it with the patch

oh what is it? why is not on the mob anymore i mean yes awesome change but still it confused me if it's on myself because i havent been looking at my buffs

It's not on the mob anymore because it made target switching hard. Having it be a buff on yourself means you can use that 5-stack LL on anything, without having to worry about it already having a stack. Plus it boosts your FT damage, so it's a win-win.

Next time you go DPS, watch your buffs, and you should see Searing Flames stacking up.

It's not on the mob any more because previously if you had to change target you would lose all your searing flame stacks, now that they are on you it does not really matter so much.

ok so i see the buff now thank you for telling me i was getting annoyed with it that entire time i was dpsing and not seeing it on the mob i was enhance at the start of cata and it was such a pain with it being on the target i love the change thank you for pointing out it it a buff now