Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    If you do go LC, then keep track of attendance, performance, maybe make a demerit system for people who like to have the herpy-derps.
    People need to be able to understand your decisions or else it just looks like you're doling out the purps to your buddies.
    From that point of view, I'm the loot council of our guild. I'm trying to give more loot to people who attend regular and are punctual (not coming late). I'm trying to not stack all items on the same person but rather distribute it. I'm reducing priority on loot for people who tend to derp on some standard mechanics during progression (did it only once for Ultraxion though)

The only thing that I cba to keep track of all those details, so I let EPGP addon to do the job for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    Loot council is superior, because it makes loot spread to those who need it and to those who deserve it.
    Except when it goes to the councillors and their friends. Councils are corruptible, and subjective by definition, while point systems are not.

Actually the last time i was in a guild with dkp was in classic, and early tbc, because we didnt know better back than. Althoug we had a kind of intern lootcouncil at our 8 hunters, an agreement of which item goes to whom first, 2nd and so on. So that we didnt have to overbid ourselves on classtokens, to save dkp for rings / cloaks / offset items, in classic.
    Our 8 hunters were the best geared chars in the guild (and on the realm, we had the first t2 complete char on the realm), due to this, because other classes kept overbidding themselfes on class / set items.
    Not every possible point system is good. Yours was badly designed. In fact I believe any bidding based point system is bad. Instead you could simply set a flat fee, or a % fee, and whoever has the highest amount points wins and pays.

Also, good players who perform good and always show up never beeing late, are more proper to get Loot then some lazy ass, who screws up, shows up late, is unconentrated or just plain bad.
    People who die on a bossfight due to personal fail, dont get loot from this Boss, aslong as another guy needs it.
    What does this have to do with loot? If someone sucks in your guild, don't bring them, kick them from a guild. But bringing that person to raids while causing them to be under-geared is not going to help you in any way.

Another good reason for a loot council is the Upgrade, or the setbonus push. 3 people are candidate for a new piece of loot, one has had bad luck, and still blue on this slot, the others have reasonable good stuff: giv it to the guy who gets a +400 dps increase from this part, not to the guys who would net +100 dps.
    If your raiders have any kind of clue, they can pass on loot if someone else gets a huge boost from it. Other than that, point systems ensure that loot is distributed evenly anyway, so the person that has a blue item probably has more points because they haven't spent as many on gear. Further, you cannot look at gear slot-by-slot, you need to look at it as combinations.

Deleted
    If you do a loot council, get ie 2 trusted officers that know most if not all classes and aren't lootwhores themselves (duh ^^), rotate a random raid member in each raid to join the council so everyone in the guild can eventually see how the council works. Try to only use a council decision if it's a clear upgrade/rarely dropping item switch to rolls otherwise.
    If you do give an item to someone based on anything but 'clear upgrade' make sure you explain why you gave him the item (i.e. when that player wiped 60times on learning the boss and the other just joined for the kill).
    As long as you’re transparent in your decisions and they are justifiable a loot council works fine.

---------- Post added 2012-09-14 at 12:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zeophor View Post
    No, quite the opposite. They publicly stated that they used DKP during progress, and some random rolls or whatever during farming.
    does it matter ? a guild like paragon can have any lootsystem and it wouldn't matter since all those guilds work towards being world first. All players know which players need the loot the most for their progress and would not take it if an other needs it more no matter what system they use. during progress they will put it to ffa/roll anyway since they are racing for progress and can't affort to waste time any time on loot/putting on those new upgrades. ^^
    Last edited by mmocffc62feb06; 2012-09-14 at 12:26 PM.