Thread: Cooking Nerf

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keldrath View Post
    I still had like 200 extra of each of them even though i was 400 becasue I overbought them just for later or something.

Went to sell all my stuff to make some gold and i saw that stuff was going for ridiculous prices, like 20copper a piece, I couldn't believe it, so I offloaded all of it and made about 4 gold...

Could not believe it, prices crashed soon after so I was happy I sold it before it went down in price, found out a little bit later this was why they were going for so much. But I was super happy, decided to convert it to gems and buy 2 character slots, saved up a tiny bit more and got my 3'rd so I got 8 slots now super happy, now I have every class for spvp.

It was good for me.
    Do you mind if i ask you how exactly did you soldout mats now on drop, like butter, egg etc? You know, prenerf was available just with karma, and all of them was soulbound

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moomurr View Post
    I was wondering why is was getting piles of Cinnamon Sticks when hacking down trees. If you can get the cooking mats while going about my normal play then i like.
    I noticed this as well. So the change is that it's now "free", you just have to leave the crafting zone and go out and do the farming yourself. Well gee, that's the way it should be.

I never did understand why ANet stuck so many gosh-darned karma vendors who sold cooking mats for 4ish karma all over the place. Seemed like a waste to me, and it was always annoying to go "ooo, new karma vendor I've never checked before I wonder what...oh...more cooking mats."
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    They need to nerf the goddam butter drop rate. Spent a few hours playing last night and I had 100 things of butter. Haven't ever seen crafting mats for other prof's drop like that.

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    They need to nerf the goddam butter drop rate. Spent a few hours playing last night and I had 100 things of butter. Haven't ever seen crafting mats for other prof's drop like that.
    Paula Deen would love you if you gave them up. XD

OT: I thought it was kind of sudden. I was just about ready to finish up to 400 when I saw the vendor changes. It WAS really easy to max it out, so the change was probably needed, especially given how good some of the food is. Only problem is that I probably won't level it on alts now, given that I have to farm up the mats, but I suppose that's the way of any profession.
    <-- That is otterly adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    With it no longer being on the vendor it almost needs to drop that much. Butter is one of the most commonly used ingredient used in common sub componants that are used from 1 to 400. Frankly I was really worried at first when I saw those patch notes as every item of food I reguarly use requires at least 1 stick of butter in it.

Who is John Galt?

It gimped all professions that use cloth and leather hard, as bags were one of the best sources of those materials. Now same bags have a far smaller chance to drop cloth and leather as they now have a significant chance to drop cooking materials.

A painful and very costly nerf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    Personally i leveld cooking to 400 very early, and bought every ingredient in bulk. Whenever i found a new one id buy atleast 150. New cooks, well the TP is full of Butter and Chocolate and the sorts, think its as low as 10c. Granted, Butter is one of those ingredients you do use a lot of.
    10c? Your server is expensive. Here on Tarnished Coast, cooking mats are 2c and all the non-cooking mats are on the rise since butter drops from bags 75% of the time now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Ashrock View Post
    Do you mind if i ask you how exactly did you soldout mats now on drop, like butter, egg etc? You know, prenerf was available just with karma, and all of them was soulbound
    They weren't soulbound anymore.

Deleted
    I dislike the changes because it increases the empathy I feel for the thing I just killed - like, a little bit of chocolate that it was saving for later etc...butter that it was planning to make cakes with, probably for it's childrens birthday...and now its dead and there will be no birthday cake for anyone.

It seems they "fixed" it today as far as cooking drops from bags...yesterday was 90% cooking materials from bags, today is around 30%
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    It seems they "fixed" it today as far as cooking drops from bags...yesterday was 90% cooking materials from bags, today is around 30%

ugh i KNEW i should have leveled cooking earlier. sounds like its gonna be a pain to level now.

this is GW.
    If you ever played the original you would know.
    They only nerf.
    They are the worst at nerfing and believe me they are just getting started.
    Pretty soon the nerfs will kill the game just like gw1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sparks View Post
    this is GW.
    If you ever played the original you would know.
    They only nerf.
    They are the worst at nerfing and believe me they are just getting started.
    Pretty soon the nerfs will kill the game just like gw1
    Um... what? Someones butt hurt about something because i've seen quite a few buffs in GW1, infact they just like revamped (and by doing so buffed) eles quite significantly...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Um... what? Someones butt hurt about something because i've seen quite a few buffs in GW1, infact they just like revamped (and by doing so buffed) eles quite significantly...
    obv a former boon prot

only way he could play well is to be OP
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Quote Originally Posted by Cattlehunter View Post
    Eh, more like a "leveling cooking fast" nerf. To be fair, it was insanely fast and easy to do compared to all other profesions. Took me an hour and under 1g (and below 1k karma) to gather the materials and go from 0 to 400, while I spent a week gathering the money and materials to hit 400 armorsmith.
    How? I'm sure I've spent over 1g just on buying vendor materials (flour, sugar, water, etc.). My cook's only at 160-something skill. I keep getting stuck due to lack of materials and/or lack of skill. Maybe you need an 80 for it to be fast and easy? :\

As for the "nerf", the only one that concerns me are oranges since I haven't come across any of those yet. I am overloaded on butter, cinnamon, and walnuts especially, and none of them seem to be useful for anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey Lane, are you using the discovery pane?
    I leveled cooking to 400 thru discovery only.

I admit I relied heavily on the database

http://www.gw2db.com/recipes/cook
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Hey Lane, are you using the discovery pane?
    I leveled cooking to 400 thru discovery only.

I admit I relied heavily on the database

http://www.gw2db.com/recipes/cook
    Yeah, that's what I've been doing too, but one of the following keeps happening:

1. I have all the mats, but the recipe requires more skill than I have to discover.

2. The recipe is well within my skill range, but I don't have all the mats.

Between those two it's just been a struggle trying to get it leveled. I just chug along until I find new cooking materials during the leveling process and hope it leads to something I can actually make. >_<

Edit: I should note when it comes to not having the mats it's almost always because they're karma purchases from zones I haven't been to yet.
    Last edited by Lane; 2012-10-08 at 01:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha yeah.

I hit 80 3 weeks ago and still only 65% map completion. I had to go on missions to unlock some karma vendors. Twas fun
    Valar morghulis

This is one of the best cooking guides. It's very economical even post-nerfs. Only tough part is getting the karma mats but that's the way of cooking no matter what route you take.

I usually nab 20 quick levels on all my characters via max cooking. Basically all of them are max level chefs + 2 other disciplines. Rarely spent over 1.5 gold unless I am feeling lazy.

Crafting is so easy in this game. Can max all of the disciplines out in like a day for close to 80 'free' levels. Though I usually only do like 30 or so in a day.