Is there a more efficient farming class at 80?

Have read the official help forums and also a lot at GW2guru and there is a lot of talk about whos best at 80. Im enjoying my 80 Guardian and have no troubles at all using a Greatsword with 3 shout utilities. I also have scepter/torch for weapon swap. I can farm just fine but theres always talk about whos the best or fastest. Just wondering is there an actual best or most efficient farming class at 80? I pretty much have no movement speed but I can kill without fear of death nonstop so how does that compare to say an engineer or thief that can trait to have loads of movement speed? Are any classes standing above the others when it comes to mass farming for things to salvage for trade skills? Or is everyone pretty much equal as long as you know how to play your class?

Deleted
    noooooooooooooooo

cause events are the best way to farm - just need some ae to tap everything and there you go

Quote Originally Posted by Inora View Post
    noooooooooooooooo

cause events are the best way to farm - just need some ae to tap everything and there you go
    During DEs I can tag a lot using Greatsword 5 to AoE pull and then dropping 2 and then 3 for Spin to win. But I just feel my Staff necro could do the same thing at a faceroll pace just dropping Marks and Wells.

Events are the best way to farm anything meaningful, where the ability to *spam* AoE is what counts, since it's about tagging as many mobs as possible before they die. Beyond that, *probably* warrior. I hit 80 on mine today and have been running around the cursed shore all day, easily killing groups of mobs the likes of 4 normal mobs and a veteran by myself, where people complain that they're having big troubles just moving around. A stability cooldown + hundred blades once or twice will shred anything non-veteran or higher no matter what CC it has available, along with great mibility and durability overall. Personally I use the signet elite (whatever it's called), which gives me 30 seconds of movement speed every 60 seconds, or some extra burst damage if it's needed.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Deleted
    best way to farm are jumping puzzles anyway

best way to farm are jumping puzzles anyway
    Yea? Last 3 I did all I got for each one was a blue lvl 76 item. For most events I get ten times that just from killing (or tagging, as it were) the monsters.

Maybe I'm doing the wrong jumping puzzles?
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Deleted
    from puzzles in orr i have some exotics

and you have to make them fast so you get better loot

from puzzles in orr i have some exotics

and you have to make them fast so you get better loot
    Time influences the loot? I have sprinted through some with no problems and just gotten blues. Could there possibly be a "difficulty" involved with the loot assignment?

Quote Originally Posted by Snuckerpooks View Post
    Time influences the loot? I have sprinted through some with no problems and just gotten blues. Could there possibly be a "difficulty" involved with the loot assignment?
    It's random. No-one else has come out and said this, there's no evidence and Arenanet hasn't even mentioned this. He's only thinking it was timed based, probably because he got some yellows/greens in a row while doing puzzles. It's all random.