Weekend Old Raid Event?

Evening All,

Was sat monotonously farming embersilk cloth this morning and was thinking about how much I used to love the old Raids and how blizzard could actually make them worth doing again and came up with an idea.

Would anyone else like to see a "weekly" raid that happens on weekends (like weekly battleground) where if you do the chosen raid on that weekend it is actually worth doing.

I was thinking something like this...

Karazhan = The raid for this weekend.

You queue up for the "weekly raid" in dungeon finder (same loot rules as LFR in terms of you can only loot each boss once)

When you join you enter the instance and are immediately scaled down to the appropriate stats for someone that would orinarily be just arriving at that raid. So for karazhan you are given the stats of a level 70 in heroic items.

The bosses then drop LFR level of gear and maybe a handful of gold / valor?

Upon reaching the last boss you get a chunk of valor (slightly larger than LFR as the raids would be longer)

What do you guys think? If blizz could get the scaling sorted I think it'd be a great idea, and would give us a much wider array of options when gearing or doing group content.

My Awesome Sig Made By Shyama - Thank You!

Deleted
    I can not imagine 25 random people at chess event
    But the idea is great.

Ain't Kara solely a 10 man raid?

Or maybe they should just stop with direction "release 7 bosses raid once or twice a year with huge power jump making previous tier irrelevant" and start releasing various new (not raid-only) content?
    What do you guys think? If blizz could get the scaling sorted I think it'd be a great idea, and would give us a much wider array of options when gearing or doing group content.
    This kind of "scaling" has no place in RPG. Covering up lack/flaws of relevant content by "scaled" instances etc. is the cheapest and most non-creative thing to do.

Challenge Raid Modes Plz

Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    Challenge Raid Modes Plz
    Let's say, you have a choice between having 1 raid with 6 bosses with challenge mode or 2 raids each with 6 bosses but without challenge mode. What would you choose?

Why do people insist on asking things which are completely "fluffy" and sometimes don't even have place in RPG? Why to not ask for more actual content?

Why noone questioned yet, why we have only 6 (six) new small 5-men in MoP (Scholo and SM aren't counted for obvious reason)? Why not to ask "Blizzard, we don't need challenge modes, we don't want rehashed instances, we want actual content"? Doing same thing over and over on different modes doesn't mean "new content", and "scaling" old raids is also a big sacrilege to those little bits of classic/TBC WoW, which yet remained.

There are genres and games out there, which involve fighting in same generic location, where gear and stats don't matter, only "skills". It doesn't belong to RPG. 100 types of difficulty for single location and "reintroduction of locations" is absolutely non-RPGsque, goes against almost every RPG canon and cannot be called as "content" at all.
    Last edited by Ferocity; 2012-09-09 at 01:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Patras1111 View Post
    But the idea is great.
    idea is great. kara is a 10 man raid, always was and I doubt if Blizzard would crank it up to 25. that's too much work for old stuff..
    (Oh god, I probably gonna put my foot in my mouth one day about that statement, with the lore development towards upcoming lingering events for the next expansion lol)

Anyhow, I would love the idea. But it would also scare me. The army of players who have zero idea about the old raids, and their mechanics.
    Sure, they can solo it, probably ran them tons of time too for transmog gear... But when it comes to be on par with the difficulty.. That could turn into a disaster lol
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2012-09-09 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Patras1111 View Post
    But the idea is great.
    random A:i got king, king is mine, free epics if i get the king!!

random B: i aint letting this idiot going king! im geting the king!!

randomA: lol no free epics for you then im gona go afk then

sounds familiar to some MOBA game lol :P
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!