Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

NextUp - Enhancement timing / priority addon

What it does
    NextUp features the same kind of priority icon as ShockAndAwe does, or rather did. ShockAndAwe was a great source of inspiration for me writing NextUp, but is sadly not being updated for Mists of Pandaria. Kudos to Levva for all the work he put into it. My hat's off to you.

NextUp also features easy switching between single target and AoE priority, as well as a separate reminder icon for self buffs such as Lightning Shield and Windfury Weapon. A third icon shows skills not on the GCD, such as interrupts.

Where to get it
    The latest version of NextUp can always be found at WoWinterface.com. Have a look if you, like me, can't imagine your enhancement play without ShockAndAwe's priority icon.

Feel free to post any feedback you might have in this thread, send me a PM, or comment at the download site.
    Last edited by mmoc33edb36756; 2012-09-04 at 02:39 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    tbh i prefer enhaprio cose it can be used as cd tracker along with piority sugestion, there are situations when normal rotation is just not working, like aoe or movement heavy fights, and you can see more than next skill you should use which is much beter in my opinion
    keep up good work tho im sure that someone will find use for it

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Do you have any screen grabs or videos of it in action? I'd like to see it in action before I try it

I'm currently using PowerAuras to track my cooldowns, procs, etc. I never really used ShockAndAwe, but then again Enhancement is my off-spec. Is it pretty simple to install and use out of the box?

Deleted
    Can you change the priority like you could in SAA in a easy and fast way? if yes then i am def going to get this instead of Enhaprio (4.3 rotation)

Edit: tried it and could not get it to work just loads of errors when hitting the dummy in ogri.
    Last edited by mmoc779cda151e; 2012-09-03 at 07:29 AM.

i couldnt even get it to show up ingame just loads of errors here to
    You Can't C Me!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bastiram View Post
    Can you change the priority like you could in SAA in a easy and fast way? ... Edit: tried it and could not get it to work just loads of errors when hitting the dummy in ogri.
    Well, it can be changed, but I wouldn't call it easy. It requires editing the .lua file. It uses the 5.0.4 priority queue from the "Enhance Me [5.0.4] thread over at Elititst Jerks. (I'm not allowed to link it yet.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sick View Post
    i couldnt even get it to show up ingame just loads of errors here to
    I tried to test it in as many different situations and setups as I can myself, but one cannot prepare for everything. If you provide more detailied information, I'm sure this issue can be solved for both of you. PM me with what kind of error messages you get or take a screenshot of it, and I'll get to work.

Deleted
    Don't know about the errors suddenly my wow said i had tons of errors slowing down the game. And i got a option to ignore or disable all addons.

As Sick said the priority window never showed up dont know why Would really like to help you out more, if i could get it to work i would use it over enhaprio (too much stuff shows up in Enhaprio imo)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bastiram View Post
    Don't know about the errors suddenly my wow said i had tons of errors slowing down the game. And i got a option to ignore or disable all addons.
    Sounds like a general computer performace issue. It got me thinking maybe NextUp uses a lot of resources, but the data I got from the addon Consumption showed low usage of both CPU and memory.

NextUp Is now updated, and features a slash command to switch between single target and AoE priority.
    It also includes 5.0.4 priorities for paladins, both retribution and protection specced.

Quote Originally Posted by widell View Post
    Sounds like a general computer performace issue. It got me thinking maybe NextUp uses a lot of resources, but the data I got from the addon Consumption showed low usage of both CPU and memory.

NextUp Is now updated, and features a slash command to switch between single target and AoE priority.
    It also includes 5.0.4 priorities for paladins, both retribution and protection specced.
    general pc performance my computer meets and exceeds wow requirements by a long long way .....its not a performance issue on my side i assure you of that i will try the updated version and see what happens
    You Can't C Me!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm mainly looking for a display to better show my searing flames stacks how S&A did that's really all I need does yours do that or does anyone here know o one that does?

still no interface ingame at all for me i disabled all other addons and nothing still
    You Can't C Me!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick View Post
    still no interface ingame at all for me i disabled all other addons and nothing still
    Well, with it working for other people and no details as to why it's acting up for you, I'm afraid I can't help.
    The chat should say

" :: NextUp Loaded ::"
    " Enhancement Shaman spec detected."

when you login. Does it get that far? Have you replaced the icon files in WoW with some UI mod or something?

(If you don't have an attackable target (enemy or a dummy) as your target, the priority icon won't show anything. And as long as you have lightning shield and weapon enchants up, the reminder icon won't either, but I assume that's not the problem. )

it says that much and nope the standard ui checked that to make sure to and yeah i was hitting the target dummy no priority icons at all
    You Can't C Me!!

Just installed it and so far it looks nice

I had that problem,i downloaded the addon extracted it directly to interface - addons,than loged in game,there was "NextUp Loaded",but it didn't show priority icon,so i checked in addon folder, and all files from Next up were there so i just created Folder named it "NextUp",and put those files in it now it works.Hope that helps.
    Last edited by MinoEnha; 2012-09-04 at 02:15 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MinoEnha View Post
    I had that problem,i downloaded the addon extracted it directly to interface - addons,than loged in game,there was "NextUp Loaded",but it didn't show priority icon,so i checked in addon folder, and all files from Next up were there so i just created Folder named it "NextUp",and put those files in it now it works.Hope that helps.
    Yeah, I should probably put all the files in a NextUp folder withing the zip for the next release. Didn't think of that. Duh. Thank you.

I like where this is headed. Tried it out for a little bit and seemed to do well. Disabled for the time being but will keep checking back.

Deleted
    Hello,

I try to use the add-on with a french client but the add-on seem to be not compatible with it.

Do you thing it's possible to create a compatible for such version (based on your code) ?

Hi, tried your addon, seems nice.
    Has potential. Needs more stuff in my opinion.
    - Bars or buttons with timers for CD's, fire elemental, storm lash, etc.
    - Bar for maelstorm stacks, chance to have sound on 5th stack is a bonus.
    - Bar for searing totem would be nice too.
    - Option to click to move buttons/bars
    - Try to find a way so it always predicting the next spell, so its always displaying something. I notice it some times goes blank.

Keep up the good work!