Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Enh: Spending more time in Sethekk Halls HC now than pre-patch (example)

So, basically I'm spending more time in SH HC now than I did before the patch. My usual one-shot (mobs) runs are gone, and I'm being taken into two mini-bird phases on Anzu for example. I'm also getting into the second phase on the last boss.

I dunno, it just feels like I'm doing less damage than before, specially with UE. LL is not one-shotting lvl 70 HC mobs any longer, etc.

Anyway, this is just a general example. Bosses simply takes longer to kill.
    Last edited by Nico87; 2012-09-10 at 08:47 PM.

I just did a run and killed Anzu in less than 5 seconds.

What gear are you using? DPS talent? How are you engaging the boss?

Quote Originally Posted by Nitwit View Post

Just our regular opener. AFAIK you can't kill Anzu in less than 5 seconds because he has to go into the birds-flying-around phase. I might be wrong here though!

Doing DS HC now. 32k DPS on Zon'ozz and way behind everyone else and only 5k more than our Pala tank :[

Going with Echo instead of Elemental Mastery.

Our rotation is basically the same, right? Haven't really touched stats except reforging out of a lot of hit and exp.

Update: 36k on Yor, thats 4-5k less than before the patch.
    Last edited by Nico87; 2012-09-09 at 07:30 PM.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I killed him before first birdy phase aswell, just popped stormlash right after unleash, and he was dead in no time.
    I havent noticed this big change in dmg really, reforged a lot to haste and All is good ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Nico87 View Post
    Just our regular opener. AFAIK you can't kill Anzu in less than 5 seconds because he has to go into the birds-flying-around phase. I might be wrong here though!

Doing DS HC now. 32k DPS on Zon'ozz and way behind everyone else and only 5k more than our Pala tank :[

Our rotation is basically the same, right? Except for the new DPS CD's? Haven't really touched stats except reforging out of a lot of hit and exp.
    well yea, except lightning bolt now ranks higher than stormstrike and lavalash. How about reforging? Unless im mistaken haste now ranks higher than mastery and its definitely improved my dps. Also, i know its probably obvious but remember to use fire elemental totem. It does quite a lot of dps. Echo I think might be better for raiding as fights generally last longer, but elemental mastery is also an incredible dps boost for shorter fights so fights like anzu will go down much faster with those cdowns

I'm still in Mastery > Crit > Haste, didn't think it would make that much of a difference to be honest.

Fire Elemental, Feral Spirit, Elemental Mastery (better than Echo for this fight, due to 100% uptime), Bloodlust/Heroism and even Stormlash Totem should all have durations longer than the fight will actually last, which means you can pop all of them before the pull (Stormlash last, because it lasts the least amount of time). It also might be worthwhile to get a use-effect trinket.

You can definitely kill him before a phase transition.
    Last edited by Nitwit; 2012-09-09 at 08:04 PM.

35k on Madness HC I must be doing something very wrong. Haven't reforged yet but I can't see a 10k increase from that anyway. Are people reforging Haste > Mastery > Crit even with Echo?
    Last edited by Nico87; 2012-09-09 at 09:29 PM.

35k on Madness HC I must be doing something very wrong. Haven't reforged yet but I can't see a 10k increase from that anyway. Are people reforging Haste > Mastery > Crit even with Echo?
    If you haven't reforged yet, you're missing out on potentially hundreds of secondary stat points thanks to the new hit/expertise caps, as well as numerous benefits from haste. For hit/expertise, get both around 770 (the numbers are somewhat iffy; my expertise is at 768 and it gives 7.5%, so I dunno). You'll probably be well over the hit cap even after that due to how much hit you needed before, but given that the expansion is in two weeks it won't matter too much. After that, reforge away any spare crit into haste/mastery, and you should be set.

Haste is now much more beneficial to us, especially when you consider FET and how LB_MW5 is on top of our priority queue again. More hits means more opportunities to get stacks means faster LBs. Mastery is still very strong, of course, and crit, while not the best, isn't as bad as it was. Still our "garbage" stat though. I believe that the general theory is that if you take UF at 90, you'll want Echo and prioritize mastery; for PE, you'd want EM and to prioritize haste. That's the last I heard from the sims.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitwit View Post

same, didn't even let wolves out, just elemental. He doesn't have to go into birds phase.

Sounds like you need to reforge.

Dunno, I dont consider myself to be a top notch enhancer and my guild just got to H: Madness this week, but I was pulling 55k pretty easy considering how much Nozdormu's haste buff benefits us.

You realize they nerfed our sustained damage, but gave a huge buff to our burst right? If you're not hitting wolves, Stormlash and FET on cooldown your DPS will decrease overall and probably be worse than it was in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Delanath View Post
    Dunno, I dont consider myself to be a top notch enhancer and my guild just got to H: Madness this week, but I was pulling 55k pretty easy considering how much Nozdormu's haste buff benefits us.

You realize they nerfed our sustained damage, but gave a huge buff to our burst right? If you're not hitting wolves, Stormlash and FET on cooldown your DPS will decrease overall and probably be worse than it was in the past.
    Still getting used to using FET so I probably missed out on that. I probably would have had time for two or maybe even three during Madness HC and I don't think I did any at all :[

Either way, I've reforged again now so I'll see how things turn out on Madness HC tomorrow. I had done some tweaks in my reforging with regards to the new hit/exp caps, but I was still way, way above hit cap. I've done some further tweaking now to increase my haste (which increased greatly!), so fingers crossed o/

Our rotation is basically the same, right? Haven't really touched stats except reforging out of a lot of hit and exp.

Update: 36k on Yor, thats 4-5k less than before the patch.

i have killed him during phase 1 over 50 times.. literally.

AFAIK you can't kill Anzu in less than 5 seconds because he has to go into the birds-flying-around phase. I might be wrong here though!
    I have Killed Anzu with Both my Rogue and my Mage in under 5 seconds ( pre 5.xx patch ) so it was very doable.

I'm running EM build atm with some burst macro's (all off gcd cd's together with stormlash or wolves).
    I like it a lot better than echo. With echo i did less dps overall, with EM, i can make stars align pretty easy and abuse gimmicks.

echo seems only good on AoE/cleave fights atm.

It's like night and day contrast to what it was during cata, from having no dps cd's at all, to having so many.
    Stacking all these cd's is just so insane

I used to kill anzu before the bird phase everytime prepatch.

I've only done it once post patch but he got to the bird phase pretty easily.

Didn't reforge tho.

Still getting used to using FET so I probably missed out on that. I probably would have had time for two or maybe even three during Madness HC and I don't think I did any at all :[

Either way, I've reforged again now so I'll see how things turn out on Madness HC tomorrow. I had done some tweaks in my reforging with regards to the new hit/exp caps, but I was still way, way above hit cap. I've done some further tweaking now to increase my haste (which increased greatly!), so fingers crossed o/
    The number of times FET is useful depends on how long the fight is, right? I mean, at the very least drop it and stormlash on the first platform and when you're burning in phase 2. But, you may be able to squeeze three in, first platform, third platform and phase two. You could also take Totemic Restoration and cheese the third platform so that you can be sure you'll have it for the last phase.

As for hit cap, I'm about 1.5% above it, so you're not alone. If you're in all/most heroic gear, you'll be high. Just make sure you're looking at your non-red gems too. I switched all of those out from Mastery to Haste too.

Can't get above 38k on Madness HC. I lacked on earlier bosses aswell. Poppin' all my CD's on the first platform and so on but I make sure I have them available for the mini-bloods on the last platform.

This is my char: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Naelana/simple Slacked on epic gems, I know, it was originally just an alt.

I've reforged Haste > Mastery though I haven't switched yellow gems yet. Disregard the agi+hit gem on belt!

This is only the second night I'm playing post-patch so my rotation probably isn't 1000000%, but we're not talking about a 15-20k increase even if it was.

Also, yeah, forget the Anzu stuff, it was just an example and I was obviously wrong about the bird phase :[
    Last edited by Nico87; 2012-09-10 at 09:14 PM.

Deleted
    Talking about reforging, does anyone know a decent tool to calculate reforges and such? I've been using Wow-reforge.com for a while but it seems it's still absolutely sure Mastery is our top stat.

You can adjust the stat weights on wowreforge so that Mastery and Haste are roughly equal, and set hit and expertise to 769 for the 7.5% percentages we need.