Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Warlock did get changed more than any other class. It's only natural people are going to be the most curious about it. It won't last.
    And this is what was wrong with what they did. Rogues have always been up there with warlocks in the "least played" category. In wrath, they were the least played class, and then with cata, locks had 1% over them. Rogues didn't get sweeping class changes. They got very little.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

This seems like a totally reasonable and sensible thing to be upset about.

So, just because 150 people are browsing the forum you assume they dont have a lock already?
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Played destro since tbc. FOTM rerollers are gonna reroll, but who says they're gonna be good?

Probably gonna get stuck in LFR/Random BG's like 80% of the WoW community and won't affect us others in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    And this is what was wrong with what they did. Rogues have always been up there with warlocks in the "least played" category. In wrath, they were the least played class, and then with cata, locks had 1% over them. Rogues didn't get sweeping class changes. They got very little.
    I think I, as a rogue with a warlock that I keep at the same level of PvE have to attest some things about your claim.

Firstly, rogues were perfectly fine as it was, they only needed some PvP nerfs (especially uncoupling our shadowstep and preparation which together were massively OP and together with Vial of Shadows and the Legendaries made rogues WAY too OP at the current tier) and some quality of life changes to the specs to make them feel more streamlined. This is what they god.

The state of Warlocks however was VERY imbalanced. I liked Demonology as it reminded me of my Rogue's Subtlety spec, as it gave me tons of things to look after to eek out the best of my DPS. But just like Subtlety was WAY too complicated for the grand majority of the playerbase Demonology was also WAY too complicated for the grand majority of the playerbase. Blizzard streamlined those specs into their new, albeit in my opinion neutered, variants. Affliction was in my opinion a decent spec, but it had some glaring issues of becoming way too dull after a short while, and don't get me started of the almost macro-able rotation of Destruction. With the overhaul Blizzard massively enlarged the fun-factor of all three Warlock specs for the playerbase, and this has the effect that there will be a lot of people that want to check out their Warlocks and if they like it or not.

Rest assured, as long as Warlocks aren't made Overpowered as DK's and Ret Paladins were at the start of WotlK the people that just rolled a Warlock our of FOTM reasons will leave it as soon as they joined it. It was the same with Rogues and their legendaries. Most rogues got the first tier of legendaries and after that lost interest in their Rogues completely.

Warlock: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...owflare/simple
    Rogue: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Namire/simple

just wait till the first big nerf is comming and they all go back to monk
    i stay warlock though big and small me and my gnome share a bound as strong as soulbound.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's kind of funny (at least to me), Warlock is the ONLY class I have not gotten past 20.

I decided, a couple of weeks back, that I wanted to roll a warlock as my next class, to buy some time before MoP and to help get my bank guild a little bit of XP. Now I coe onto here and see this thread and feel like a poser. Man, such a bad time to finally decide to want a lock!
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

People of the other classes are sleeping, right now? I dunno. One variable at a single point in time is not a trend.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Oddly enough, I recently picked up my 70 Warlock, who was rotting away in Warsong Hold since WotLK went live. All the Destro changes~ <3

I've played a warlock as my main since I started a good 5 or 6 years ago. Based on my experience on the beta and live, thats unlikely to change in MOP.

I really don't give a crap if our class is fotm. It's not the first time it's been fotm either. Why does it matter? It really doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    a lot of old warlocks are coming back to warlocks now after the changes. they were sick and tired of having to work 2-3 times as much as other classes for 90% of the dps, atleast that is the issue for me(not to mention i got tired of the game as well). now we work as much as every1 else and keep up, if not outdps, with other classes, so ofc old lock players will be returning.
    exactly this for me, I was a warlock from vanilla til the start of wotlk, didnt care for the wotlk style lock, went to shaman, didnt come back til now. it's quite different from the ole succubus sack shadowbolt spam or the sl/sl. i quite enjoy the new changes. if anything warlocks that have not stopped playing their class since the start should be proud, since they will probably be able to outperform the returners or the people who just joined that class.

I dont get why they would feel threatened, unless their ego is dependent on the assumption that they are somehow more rare than others and in demand. But that seems too sad to be true.

Deleted
    Lock was my 1st main in early BC. I had a thing for casters and the fact I could play along with corrupted magic was a win win situation. I raided and pvp'ed too (SL/SL build oh the memories =D) but then I wasn't happy with the changes, I sticked to it a bit more but it was not enjoyable at all. today, with the new talent design first thing i did was to check out every new class specs. I didn't needed to w8 for the patch to hit to know locks would start emerging again, I mean blizz did a hell of a good job. the class has all the flavor back and the cherry on top of the cake --> it just looks like a lot of fun. I didn't reroll lock yet, maybe I will just to have a taste of good memories, even tho tanking been my passion for several years now.

I think the new lock talents look great! Used to play my destro lock like 3 years ago with voidwalker and now I can just sacrifice it and pew pew
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

No. Compared to every other caster in the game we are utter shit. So my answer to you is, no we are not OP at all. We are mediocre, or balanced if you prefer this term.

Quote Originally Posted by Odyseas View Post
    No. Compared to every other caster in the game we are utter shit. So my answer to you is, no we are not OP at all. We are mediocre, or balanced if you prefer this term.
    Pretty tough statement there when locks are always simming towards top tier in dmg, granted to get good damage out of a lock the amount of work you have to put in is more than a mage but the damage is still there regardless.

http://simulationcraft.org/504/Raid_T14H.html

10+ Year Old Account
    I welcome all players to the dark side.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    I've been a demo lock for longer than I can remember, and at least to me it seems everything changed. some things changed for better (/love demonic fury), other things changed for worst (RIP melee lock, I loved you so much ), but everything is different now.
    I love my demo lock and have always played it, she was the first toon I ever leveled to 60(she was my first to level in each expansion) , even when it wasn't OP.

---------- Post added 2012-09-10 at 02:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    I welcome all players to the dark side.
    We have cookies. They are just green.

I played warlock long before it was popular...

Deleted
    It's true so many undergeared undead demo warlocks with apotheosis wings in BGs right now.

Deleted
    Or maybe because it is the class with the most change, therefore the warlocks are now just checking up to see what has changed?