Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    All forms of PvP are competitive. If you're looking for competitive raiding, you're not going to find it, in GW2 or any other game. Competitive raiding is an oxymoron in and of itself. Any sense of competition isn't real. And I say that as a former raider myself.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Pve competition in WoW came from who could get world firsts and server firsts. I remember guild competition on my WoW server being quite fun to participate in at the time.

We'll have to see if something like this occurs for exploration mode dungeons as more are introduced. I can't see it being such a big thing in GW2 myself. If thats a deal breaker for some players then they may be disappointed with GW2 pve scene. PvP wise there looks to be plenty of healthy competition.

Deleted
    I don't get what is so competitive about other MMOs sans some rated PvP scoreboard or ranking which this game has. World Firsts are generally not what MMOs design their PvE content apart from some vanity reward like an achievement or title and are usually a player generated occupation where only a few groups are "contenders" anyway. It's all well and good saying you like a bit of competition in your gaming but if you are not,y'know, actually competing then what is the point in even asking?

Quote Originally Posted by Rakash View Post
    I just don't get whats any good about guild wars 2. Just doing BGs and puzzles ?
    Can someone help me out here because i really don't understand why anyone would bother to play this game.
    Most people playing MMOs don't do it for competition. For example, in WoW how many are raiding for world first? Or even server first? 1% of the population? Less? Even in PvP most people play on random BGs and arena "for weekly cap".

Most people are playing for some progress, raid progress, gear progress, reputation bar or other bars filling up, more mounts and pets, MONEEEEEY, anything that makes you feel stronger, faster, richer or more interesting.

I meant no disrespect to anyone of all. It just don't look appealing to me of doing like PvP or puzzle or that kind of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakash View Post
    I meant no disrespect to anyone of all. It just don't look appealing to me of doing like PvP or puzzle or that kind of things.
    Its ok, just the way you put it could be interpreted differently, I also apologise for snapping at you. We get a lot of trolls here, so many people who like GW2 are a bit on edge (including myself, obviously). If you want PVE, I am sure that you will find dungeons interesting. The level 30 normal mode dungeon was harder than any heroic cata instance I myself experienced (and I used to run them in full PvP gear ). I can also say that it was the most fun I had in a dungeon ever, due to the intense gameplay and spontaneous coordination with your teammates. Combo fields are great: if you don't know about them, its where one class would use an ability and the other class can use another ability to create a combination. For instance, as a Guardian I can put down a light field and a thief could jump in there which would remove debuffs on friendlies in the area. Similarly, a elementalist can place down a fire wall and a ranger can shout through it, gaining burning arrows. Stuff like that.
    The exploration mode are supposed to be much harder, although the opinion on them appears to be split (many people say that they are too difficult, and not in a good way. I never did one, so I can't comment on it).

10+ Year Old Account
    If you looking for competitive PvE, WoW is that way ---->

If you want the best competitive PvP experience in a video game period, GW2 is your only option. WvW and sPvP is executed flawlessly in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    If you looking for competitive PvE, WoW is that way ---->

If you want the best competitive PvP experience in a video game period, GW2 is your only option. WvW and sPvP is executed flawlessly in this game.
    ^------ This

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naemesiz View Post
    Hell, do you pity those that follow an extra class in university because they want an edge over others when applying for a job?
    Actually, you don't get anymore a job doin an extra class, but just because a friend/parent helped to. Until the crysis will make you lose your job. Hey, McDonalds needs you, you have no idea how fancy is talking about your extra class, doing hamburgers.

Sorry for the OT, i had to.

10+ Year Old Account
    tournament PvP...it hasn't really gotten off the ground yet because people are unsure about it etc...but in time you will see gaming websites running tournies plus theres a public free entry tournament etc too as well as arena nets proper run tournament. As for PvE its still competitive but less show off and boast competitive.

Has anyone here done any exploreables? I wish ppl would try them b4 qqing about games endgame , according to ppl claiming to clear them they have a meta that consists of using combinations that require immense teamwork to pull of (especially dark,light and smoke fields are crucial for their blindness/retaliation elemets , water fields are also important for healing).