10+ Year Old Account

Two week Detox plan

Hello there, i have been seeing people on forums wanting to lose some weight which i always love to help out, so i wanted to share my detox plan i used for two weeks and might give you guys an idea of something you can do.

PLEASE READ: If you are interested in this plan there are some things you need to know. Also google more information iswell, i'm just giving you info i know. Also this isn't just for unhealthy people, people who are fit and skinny also love doing this.

First off: This is hard... I mean... REALLY HARD. If you do this you cannot cheat and you must follow the plan properly.
    If you are suspicious about the plan i do recommend you go see a nutritious or a doctor before you do this just in case you might be concerned.

What is a detox?

A detox diet is not a weight lose diet, you do lose quite a bit of weight which will be really easy to put back on after you finished the diet so that's when you go to be careful, what it does is it pretty much cleans your insides. It flushes out all the crap that you have been eating and drinking that's just turning into fat.

It also:

Minimizes the amount of chemicals ingested (for example, by eating organic food).

Emphasizes foods that provide the vitamins, nutrients, and antioxidants that the body needs for detoxification.

Contains foods, such as high fiber foods and water, that draw out and eliminate toxins by increasing the frequency of bowel movements and urination.

Benefits of a detox

Other then losing some weight it also really gives you a lot of energy, clears skins, improves bowel movements and also helps digestion.

My experience

As a 18 year old i love playing computer games all day and night, eating unhealthy food, and really can't be stuffed doing any exercise.

I'm not overweight, i'm getting there though but i am not fit and i know i'm in trouble if i carry on doing what i am doing in the future. I love gaming and i don't want to give this up, but i also need to be healthy as being a gamer.

My dad introduced me to this plan, at first i thought there was no way i could do this. I had to say goodbye to Chips, lollies, bread, milk, fizzy drinks (we will come back to that one) pies, pizza, coffee and A LOT more.

My mum helped me do this by doing it iswell so we can eat the same food etc so i cant watch her eat my favorite dinners etc. Which did help me. By the way i did this maybe two months ago and my mum still is doing it just because she feels great doing it which is amazing.

When i started i really hated the first couple of days, i was getting hungry, losing a bit of energy and getting a bit grumpy. But after around 5 days i started to get so much energy out of nowhere, it was really weird. My stomach was getting smaller each day so i actually felt full.

I didn't do any exercise apart from a couple of days where i go for a walk.

Some days were so painfully hard because i went to a goodbye dinner, when out with mates and they all had huge meals. But i stuck to my plan and it felt awesome.

After the two weeks of doing this i lose 9KGs (around 20 pounds) which i was amazed, this was doing hardly any exercise and just eating the right amount of food.

Whats next for me? I am doing this plan again in October but a 2month version, you get to eat a little bit more but it goes for ages. And i also will be doing a lot of exercise which will just make me lose so much and i should be all good for this summer (Winter for usa )

Preparations

If you want to do this, make sure you get the right food, get some scales because you need to cook the right amount and also make sure you tell the people who you live with whats going on and make sure you get their support, if one of your friends make fun of you doing this or give you a hard time. They are not a friend. Read this plan over and over again to get things right, plan what you want to eat each breakfast/lunch/dinner and snacks.

Also one more important thing: Eat at the right times, do NOT skip a meal. This plann has 5 meals a day which is plenty, you must have every meal at the right time. If you sleep in untill 12pm, get someone to wake you up for breakfast or set an alarm, eat, then go back to bed.

The hardest part for me with this diet apart from not eating my fav foods, is the water.. You are going to be drinking a lot of water. It is the most important part of this. You will be drinking this everyday and all of it. I will be explaining in the plan.

THE PLAN
    Read this carefully, save a screenshot of it, print it or just write it down.

I will be telling you the foods you can eat, the proteins and veges, Drinks and then after i will be telling you when and how much you can eat. So you get a choice on what you can have for your meals.

If a food is not listed, then you cannot eat it. It doesn't say banana hear when that is a fruit. But it has natural sugars (Just an example)

NOTE: I am not sure, but i'm guessing some things in the plan might be New Zealand only, so i'm sorry if you cannot get them wherever you may be, but google what may be the best choice for you.

Foods you can eat

Fruit:

Apple, apricot, grapefruit, honey dew melon, Kiwi fruit, Lemon, Mandarin, Mango, Nectarine, Orange, Paw Paw, Peach.

Crackers (for snacks):

Vita wheat (original or cracked pepper), Salada Light, Rice Cake (Thin and plain), Ryvita.

Drinks:

Sprite and coke ZERO (Yes you can drink this. Try limit it to around 2 cans per day. But don't go all nuts on it. Zero, not diet coke)
    Diet tonic
    Soda water, mineral water
    Coffee (3 per day without milk)
    Tea - Black, green, herbal, peppermint, chamolmile

Proteins
    Lean beef or Veal, Venison, ostrich, skinless chicken breasts, Plain natural yogurt, tune, snapper, sole, whiting, prawns, crayfish, calamari, crab, turkey breasts, feta, mozzarella, cottage/ ricotta cheese, egg, tofu.

Vegetables
    Asparagus, Bok Choy, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Celery, Cucumber, Green capsicum, lettuce (any kind), Mushrooms, Onion/spring onion, Tomato, Zucchini.

Herbs
    Fresh herbs must be weighed as part of the meal. All food must be weighed to the gram before it is cooked

MENU

This is 3 meals, Breakfast, lunch, dinner. At the bottom will be the snacks that you cannot skip. Each line is one meal, so there a few options on what you can have each meal. So it is not one big meal that i'm writing down.

Meal 1 (Breakfast)

- 1 egg + 80g Vege
    - 175g plain or natural yogurt (with sweetner or one of your daily fruit served if you'd like)

Meal 2 (Lunch)

- 100g Meat + 105g vege
    - 105g Poultry or fish + 115g Vege
    - 120g Poultry Vege or fish + 90g Vege
    - 65g Cheese (non Feta) + 110g Vege
    - 50g Feta + 120g Vege

Meal 3 (Dinner)

- 110g Meat + 110g Vege
    - 115g Poultry + 110g Vege
    - 100g Seafood + 100g Vege

Snacks/Others

5 crackers (Tip: That means 5 a day not 5 a meal, when i had my two snacks a day i had 2 in the morning and 3 in the afternoon)
    2 Fruit Serves ( Example: So 2 apples, 2 Mandarins etc)
    3 caffeine serves (coffee with no milk!)

NOW! One of the main ingredients!

3 liters of water! You must have 3L of water everyday. Yes it makes you go toilet every 5sec, but that's really good for you. So grab a bottle and make sure you have atlease 3L water a day, just keep sipping on it when you at the comp, at work, whatever you are doing.

You do not want to realize at 9pm you haven't had water because you are going to need to drink that. And will most likely get you out of bed every 10min or lead to peeing the bed.

TIPS AND TRICKS!

- Choose one line from each meal number for the 3 meals of the day, but never choose 2 from the same meal group. Always keep the whole line together.

- Quantities are precise raw weights. If using frozen vege, defrost before weighing. Seafood can be canned in water or brine but drained before weighing.

- Fresh herbs are to be weighed as part of allowance. You can mix and match vege as long as it weighs the same and is on the list.

- You can eat these meals in any order as long as you eat 3 main meals a day.

- Saladas are 2 small squares = 1 cracker.

- Leave 5 hours between meals, but have dinner before 9 pm and at least 2-2.5 hours before sleeping.

- You can have crackers and fruit with meals or between meals but leave 2.5 hours between snack and meals.

- Drink heaps of water! at lease 3L a day, as this is a Detox and it washes the toxins out. 3L is about a mouthful every 15min!!!

- No Fats or butters but a light spray of canola or olive oil can be used with cooking. Salt and pepper allowed in limited quantities, as is dried herbs and spices. One tsp low fat mayo allowed per day.

- Only sweetner allowed is Sucaryl.

- Take a good multivite, one with Calcium, magnesium, Iron, Zinc and Chromium... Centrum has all this (prob NZ not sure)

Personal tips created by myself to may help gamers/late nights

- Playing games and sipping water is easy, put the bottle in front of you and you casually start sipping on it without noticing.

- Try get one of those 1.25L bottles of water, then that pretty much means you need to have 2 and a half bottles a day.

- If you are like me and stay up all hours of the night, try have your dinner a bit later, because if you have it around 6pm you are going to be up for a good 6-7 hours without food.. That sucks!

- Write down on the calender how much you weigh everyday, its amazing what you notice.

- If your going out with you mates make sure you have the right meals before you go out and if they go to the pub and get some chips, go for a walk or just don't look at the food.

- Try have you family support you. Maybe you want to see if anyone else wants to do it with you. Also if you tell your friends make sure they help you by not eating infront of you.

PLEASE READ!!

- After the 2 weeks is done, don't go all out and spend 20bucks at maccers, you will feel like crap! You can get really sick from eating too much after all that so just careful!

- Weight will be SO easy too put back on, you don't want all this work gone in the next 2 days.

- Not a fan of exercise? Thats fine, but you need to be moving a lot, go for a walk every day even if its just around the corner and back. You need to keep the blood pumping!

You will feel the difference in a couple of days. The first few days is hard. But you get use to it.

You will feel so alive like you just had 200 redbulls but all from eating the right food and drinking water.

The end!!

If you ever end up doing this i really do with you luck, send me a private message and tell me how you went i would love to know.

I'm just sharing this because i know people are getting unhealthy whether its just gaining weight or maybe you are skinny and just eat the worst food.

You don't want to end up having diabetes, a heart attack or anything like that! So after the Detox hopefully you have some confidence and you might carry on with other diets or might go exercise more but i do wish you goodluck!

Anyways my wrists are sore from typing an hour straight. Thank you to the ones who read this i know its long.

If you have any questions reply to the thread or just give me a private message. If people try this and enjoyed and thinking of doing the 2 month one let me know and i'll post it. Just do the 2week one as a trial.

Goodluck and thank you!

Elpalmo

Deleted
    mhm i was planning that too but then college happened. gonna try it the moment i can.

Deleted
    Didnt read the whole thing, but you only lose water weight on a detox, which you will gain back.

Deleted
    Rofl diet coke on detox. Are you frickin kidding me?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheekin View Post
    Rofl diet coke on detox. Are you frickin kidding me?
    he said coke zero.

"Sprite and coke ZERO (Yes you can drink this. Try limit it to around 2 cans per day. But don't go all nuts on it. Zero, not diet coke)"

Quote Originally Posted by Harzaka View Post
    Didnt read the whole thing, but you only lose water weight on a detox, which you will gain back.
    On a normal detox yes, this is more of a healthy living guide. The food amounts seem to be in proportion to a light activity calorie intake and drinking lots of water is something everyone should do, on top of stopping most sodas and sweets. Add in a little bit of exercise a day and you will definitely start having a bit more energy if your normal life is laying around eating junk food all day. Really the biggest part of this being a detox is majorly increasing the water a normal person drinks up to the standard they should be drinking on top of cutting out high fat and sugar foods. Which is really the easiest and safest way to detox the body.

I basically do this diet already, though modified a bit for higher calorie intake because I do a good bit of physical labor at my job and extra workouts at home. I up the proteins a bit, take a multivitamin for anything I missed, and tend to drink homemade lemonade or tea more than plain water and very rarely drink soda. It ends up at roughly 20 grams of protein a day in roughly 1400 calories. I keep my weight at roughly 190lbs at 6' tall, Last i checked my bodyfat it was around 14%.
    Last edited by Goatfish; 2012-09-09 at 07:38 PM.

Thanks for this, interesting read!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aryl View Post
    Thanks for this, interesting read!
    No worries goodluck!

"Detox" diet plans suggest that your body has trouble processing metabolic waste from your body. Unless you have kidney issues, your body does this perfectly well on its own. There isn't an accumulation of chemicals in your body like new age snake oil vendors would have you believe.

15+ Year Old Account
    Detox are a gimmick IMO. Just eat healthy, and keep eating healthy, and you'll be fine. Detox stuff that has you on fluids only, or not eating any meat, or only eating vegetables, etc., etc. isn't going to help your body in any way
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by TyrantJB View Post
    Why do people buy this crap?

The word 'detox' in the context of nutrition is ridiculous. In order for you to 'detox' yr our body properly, you would need to omit the silly things mentioned here like sodas (diet or no) and most fruits high in fructose. You would also have to follow a diet for longer than 2 weeks, and make it a lifestyle change.
    ^^ This
    Try eating just real food. The fresh kind(frozen works too)
    http://whole9life.com/category/whole-30/
    The "paleo" diet has worked for myself and plenty of people I know. You don't need to avoid fat either, instead of crackers try snacking on some almonds.

I find it amazing how people still believe in 'diets. Diets don't work. Just change to a more healthy lifestyle and healthy meals, and you will notice results in a flash.

Just by stop drinking sodas and massive amounts of pastries\desserts\chocolates\snacks, you'll notice results. Just don't try temporary diets, those are pointless. Eat healthy, lead a healthy life (if you don't like exercice, just walk around for a bit every day). You can still indulge yourself on some 'treats', just make them less frequent...