10+ Year Old Account

Frost DPS hotfix nerf?

Hello people, so I was told by a friend that Frost dps was nerfed in the last reset. Tried on a Dummy, and it seemed to be the case. Obliterate seems to be hitting much less anyway. Were we a bit too powerful?

I play 2H since the patch, for extra info.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbear View Post
    Hello people, so I was told by a friend that Frost dps was nerfed in the last reset. Tried on a Dummy, and it seemed to be the case. Obliterate seems to be hitting much less anyway. Were we a bit too powerful?

Play 2h as well- doesn't seem the case for me- if you did the level 93 boss dummy then yeah your DPS will be less because of hit/miss/dodge chances.

If your friend is referring to the last DK DPS class change which was
    Threat of Thassarian now increases your Frost Strike damage by 40%, down from 50%.
    Then yea was a minor nerf but overall the changes made haven't affected our OB's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, I was using an 85 dummy. And using 2H, so threat of thassarian doesn't come into play. I was hitting so much harder the other day it seems though. But I mean a hotfix nerf anyway, that wasn't mentioned or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't noticed anything. I was still putting out almost 44k in a 5 man last night and pulling off of our guild tank without meaning to. If they nerfed it, they went the wrong direction...

10+ Year Old Account
    Weird. I was doing far too much DPS last week, my friends and I were all laughing about it. They even went on their DK's to mess around too. I was doing like 70k on a Dummy on the patch day, so I thought it was accidentally too powerful.

Good RNG is Good. Bad RNG is Bad.

I'm still cruising at 55-60k with bursts of up to 90k in 5 mans and raids.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it was RNG then, just seemed too good to be true. But now I feel like the main character from a bad horror movie where no one believes what I seen ._. hahah

Not seeing any change, ran through a heroic DS last night and my dps is still cranking where it was when 5.04 came out.

Were we a bit too powerful? :P
    Ever since introduction of your class yeah, but well now this job has been passed to the monk.

They reduced frost strike damage in the latest *beta* build I'm pretty sure.

didn't notice any differences last night dpswise

Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    Ever since introduction of your class yeah, but well now this job has been passed to the monk.
    yeah cause mages and rogues haven't been too powerful since vanilla. seriously sick of people who think dks are some kind of uber class, we are typically middle of the pack dps wise and tanking is really hit or miss depending on patch.

Quote Originally Posted by CogDk View Post
    They reduced frost strike damage in the latest *beta* build I'm pretty sure.
    the changes in the beta class balance analysis thread should be hotfixed into LIVE. the tooltips are still the same though.

My dummy seems to have plummeted this Wednesday. Last week I was able to sustain about 46-47k on an un-debuffed level 85 Dummy, but barely managed to sustain 42k just today. It went down as far as 37k during one of my short tests when I had terrible RNG.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    My dummy seems to have plummeted this Wednesday. Last week I was able to sustain about 46-47k on an un-debuffed level 85 Dummy, but barely managed to sustain 42k just today. It went down as far as 37k during one of my short tests when I had terrible RNG.
    You got gurth
    You play a RNG spec

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    You got gurth
    You play a RNG spec

With how often Gurthalak procs now, it (if at all) skews the results very marginally. The few tests I conducted last week, however, were always a lot higher than the ones I did tonight.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Deleted
    All my individual spell abilities looked the same damage wise

Numbers have inflated enough that DPS gaps seem to be much bigger (It's an Illusion!) and so giving the same effect with RNG

I'm posting here to add to the myth(or theory/fact) I personally see a drop in numbers, both in the DS pug I did last night and on dummy numbers, I play 2H frost with no gurthalak(have never played since the patch with a gurthalak) it just seems off.
    Last edited by Kink; 2012-09-06 at 11:24 PM.

Deleted
    Has no-one considered that it's just bad RNG with RE?

I frequently am able to sustain anywhere from 65-70k on most bosses until I hit a bad streak of RE Procs and I drop down to around 50k. It happens, it's called RNG. I know these posts are a few days old now, but since there was no sort of agreement on whether it was a nerf or not, I would say it's just RNG.

Also, Veeresa, how many tests is "a few". If you mean a few as in, 20 or so tests lasting several minutes and there's a very noticeable difference from before, then maybe something has actually happened, but I honestly can't see why the would of nerfed us on a Friday of all days.

EDIT: Sorry, it's Thursday for you guys still. My statement still stands though.

While i cant comment about dk dmg at 85 i have seen a drastic decrease in obliterate dmg when killing machine is up. I noticed this on my 65 dk while killing regular mobs which was hitting for 6-6.5 obliterate crits before the patch and now is only hitting for 2-2.5k