Poll: How long?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    You didn't have a "quit immediately" option so I said 1 month.... Not only do I not like the sub model, but I also can't afford it, so there is no way in hell I'd keep playing. Not to mention it means Anet would've went back on their word and started their descent into corruption.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

If it had a sub fee I probably never would have tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I would probably pay for a couple of months in order to reach max level and 100% the map on one character and then unsub. The game is not designed for a subscription service thankfully. This question really doesn't apply to this product. At. All.
    This ^

Is like if you asked "If COD-Battlefield-Etc had a sub how long would you play"... it is impossible for a PVP based game to have a monthly sub...

Deleted
    Impossible to say but as for now I think it's clearly the best game I have ever played so I am assuming I will play for some time.

Your comment on the subfee, I'd like to reverse that and ask is there ANY game that actually justifies having a subfee? in my opinion no not at all and in hindsight I feel like I've been robbed by other game manufacturers charging me for things they never delievered, in my opinion a game should be buy to play or sub to play not both that's just rude.

Deleted
    I don't know, all I can say is I would still be playing it right now if it had a sub fee - but I'd also be expecting the gem system to be different for a game I'm playing a monthly sub for. How long I'd play it for would depend entirely on patches and updates, I'd be expecting far more content updates for a sub-based game than a buy to play and at the moment we don't really know how that's going to work. Ask me in 6 months if I'd have been willing to pay for the previous 6 months and still feel like I got good money and there'll be a more accurate assessment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    I would, aye. How long kind of depends on many different factors - most of which are the people around me. If it was just me playing the game, I'd probably be done with it in ~4-6 months, but if the guild and more importantly my RP partner enjoys it for longer, I could certainly see it as a several-year-long game for me. Probably not quite as long as the 4-5 years I spent with WoW, but... 2-3, certainly.

Also depends hugely on the amount of new content and at which intervals it's made available, which is too early to estimate after a couple of weeks. :P
    You didn't spend 4-5 years with original WoW though it was that and 3 expansions right, if GW2 comes with an expansion roughly each year I could be playing this game forever.

Deleted
    GW2 is doomed to fail imo, they made a few good design choices but many more bad ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    This sums up my feelings on the topic:

Yeah, you forgot the "Not play at all" option. I don't pay sub-fee for any game. Sub-fees are going out of style anyways, so regardless of how many people say they wouldn't play it with a sub-fee, this is in no way reflective of the quality of the game.

I would play it at all times, even if I play it alongside another MMO.

Sub fees are no indication of game quality.

This game offers significantly more content without a sub fee than many games that charge fees.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

I wouldn't even buy it.
    Not that a sub fee matters to me, i just believe the game isn't worth one.

maybe... wouldnt sub for 2 games at same time tho.. so would have to choose wow or gw2

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't buy it,having a sub fee or not won't change my mind about GW 2, but like others have said it would have been a totally different game had it had a sub fee.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Luckily you don't have to ask yourself how "long till I un sub" since there isn't a sub. I don't see the point of a poll. People will play any game until their bored. Atleast GW offers you the chance to have fun and not charge you for it every month. And if you play it off and on over 4-6 months, you got your moneys worth. So all good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toinouze View Post
    So let's say you had to pay 12€ (or $ £ whatever) each month to play this game, like most of other popular MMOs.
    Given the main reason I play MMOs is I like the style of PvP (proper 3d, more skills than a FPS/MOBA, situational skills, havign to take note of buffs/debuffs, etc, plus mass PvP is fun sometimes too, which is again pretty rare outside of MMORPGs) then yes I'd pay, becasue when I pay for Rift, LOTRO or WoW all I am essentially getting is inferior PvP and a bunch of dull grindy PVE stuff (doing a dungeon the first couple of times is fine, repeatedly facerolling dull scripted opponents gets boring real fast, the "motivation" of getting better stats is just not there, I already have a job, which is frankly more fun than farming dungeons/rep)

i would play it untill i got bored of it. no sub is a plus for me, but it being there is not a reason to not play a game.

Deleted
    I think I'd pay for however long it takes me to get 100% world map completion, max out all professions and get a legendary.

Stupid poll.

Everyone will play it until they stop having fun. Most people have no idea when that will even be yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I would play till I was tired of the game- just like every single game ever made.

The sub fee or lack of doesn't seem relevant.
    Pretty much this. ^

I have no problem paying for a game as long as I have fun with the game. WoW is still fun only because of hilarious pre-MoP PvP which reminds me of Vanilla (I'm still laughing at all the whiners). But I'd still see myself having more fun with GW2 than any other MMO currently on market.