Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Frenzied Regeneration

Guys... sry if I'm stupid and did not understand, but ...

Frenzied Regeneration: Instantly converts up to 60 Rage into up to (max((AP - 200% of AGI) * 200 / 100,25000% of STA / 100) * 1) health.

In my atual gear, my buffs and bear form, heals 25,492.

But, if a have vengeance, anothers buffs, agility trinkets and anothers thinks, the value is... 25,492... oO

This should not change the value based on Agiliy and AP?

Sry my really bad english, but if don't understand, I can try to be more clear =/
    Thx.

Deleted
    I'm fairly sure the healing increases. Give me a moment to log onto my druid and test it out a bit.

Okay, it doesn't increase from vengeance, but here's what I got:

27,582 no food
    27,865 agi/stam food
    27,865 int/stam food
    27,492 no food with 53 more stamina, but 271 less agi
    27,582 no food with 458 less agi and same stamina
    27,550 no food with 17 less agi and 10 less stamina <--------------------------|
    27,432 no food with 15 more agi and 37 less stamina compared to the one above|

All tests had only MotW buff and Leader of The Pack active. And for the record; the numbers didn't change when I removed MotW.

I don't really know what to think of this now.
    Last edited by mmoc99db07b8cf; 2012-09-09 at 07:28 PM.

It:

Will always heal for at least 2.5 times your Stamina.
    Will not increase in healing due to a gain in Agility.
    Will increase in healing due to AP or Vengeance, but only if the AP based part is above 2.5 times your stamina.

If you have 10000 stamina and 0 AP from vengeance, it'll heal for 2.5x stamina, or 25k.
    If you have 10000 stamina and 10000 AP from vengeance, it'll heal for 25k.
    If you have 10000 stamina and 20000 AP from vengeance, now 2x your vengeance is greater than 2.5x your stam, so it'll heal for twice your vengeance or 40000.

If incoming damage is low, it goes off stamina. If it's high (any sort of raiding situation) it'll go off vengeance.

Deleted
    Thanks a lot for the input Braindwen. Maths is not my strongest field, so I couldn't grasp that formula.

15+ Year Old Account
    actualy the part of the formula where it says "AP - 200% of AGI" is using you current AP but without any AP you get from agility thats why it is -200% of agi
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    It:

Will always heal for at least 2.5 times your Stamina.
    Will increase in healing due to AP or Vengeance, but only if the AP based part is above 2.5 times your stamina.

If you have 10000 stamina and 0 AP from vengeance, it'll heal for 2.5x stamina, or 25k.
    If you have 10000 stamina and 10000 AP from vengeance, it'll heal for 25k.
    If you have 10000 stamina and 20000 AP from vengeance, now 2x your vengeance is greater than 2.5x your stam, so it'll heal for twice your vengeance or 40000.

If incoming damage is low, it goes off stamina. If it's high (any sort of raiding situation) it'll go off vengeance.
    Wow... thx...

and thx for all guys

Cya.

It will if you have the 10% AP Buff.

Yes, raid buffed it heals for max(2.2xVengeance+.4xAgility+some small amount of base AP/str AP(About 700 for me), 2.5xstam).

The agility and base AP components are always going to be small relative to the vengeance part. At best they'd make up about 10% of it.
    Last edited by Braindwen; 2012-09-10 at 02:26 AM.

Since there are so many knowledgeable Druids posting in this thread, I have a question...

A guild-mate of mine has a level 85 Guardian in "mediocre" (mix of LFR and 10-man normal DS) gear. He claims that Frenzied Regeneration only actually heals him for (and I don't recall the exact numbers) roughly 1/4 his health. Apparently he gets more from his Renew talent. That being said, what exactly is the point of burning rage on such a small heal? Is there a point, say full DS 10-man normal, where it becomes worth-while?

I've done 100k self-heals on yorsahj. it's more than 1/4 of your health on most fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    I've done 100k self-heals on yorsahj. it's more than 1/4 of your health on most fights.
    I was not privy to the extent of his testing. It's possible, considering what he said and how he phrased it, that he did some small testing on a dummy or while running dailies. That might explain the small heals he claimed to get. Thank you for some clarification.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twotonsteak View Post
    Since there are so many knowledgeable Druids posting in this thread, I have a question...

A guild-mate of mine has a level 85 Guardian in "mediocre" (mix of LFR and 10-man normal DS) gear. He claims that Frenzied Regeneration only actually heals him for (and I don't recall the exact numbers) roughly 1/4 his health. Apparently he gets more from his Renew talent. That being said, what exactly is the point of burning rage on such a small heal? Is there a point, say full DS 10-man normal, where it becomes worth-while?
    Renew is a talent, with a multi-minute cool down. You can use Frenzied Regeneration as quick as you get rage. Assuming a low value of 6 rage per second, thats a 25% self heal every ten second...
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Twotonsteak View Post

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case in Normal or LFR at this point. Not like anything in there hits very hard.

Quick question here:

let's assume you are smacking a training dummy, at 60 rage you hit the button, and you get 25 000 health
    But what if you hit it at 30 rage ? do you get (25000/2) health back ? or is something that varies in a non linear way

If it scales linear with rage, then there's a incentive (In appropriate situations where FR should be used) to not wait up to build 60 rage to unload a full heal, it would be better to spam frenzied regen on cooldown to get many small heals that are less likely to overheal or to cause healers to unload their bigger heals into overhealing.

15+ Year Old Account
    yes you can spam it on cooldown to heal yourself multiple times but you often find yourself healed for like 5-6K only so its not so awsome
    stil you want to stack up to 60 rage for SD, and use any cess rage for FR or incase of a loads of magical dmg you want to use all rage on healing
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

the question is, if at 60 rage I get healed by 25000, at 30 rage do I get healed by 25000/2 ? and at 15 rage do I get healed by 25000/4 ? In other words, is there a rage-> health conversion penalty for using FR at lower than 60 rage ?

Think magic fights (quick example: Jaina fight in the HoT heroics), there SD usage is wasted as the vast majority of damage comes from magic. If there is no conversion penalty then it would be better to unload multiple partial rage FR's, because waiting to dip lower on health and then unloading a 60 rage FR would surely make the healer waste a big heal on you.

I'd test it myself but now I'm unable to log into the game

15+ Year Old Account
    i am pretty sure its linier so yes you shgould unload multiple lower heals,
    on a 254 man raid with high magic damage it might be better to glypth FR tho so you get +40% healing recieved
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by hexaq View Post
    the question is, if at 60 rage I get healed by 25000, at 30 rage do I get healed by 25000/2 ? and at 15 rage do I get healed by 25000/4 ? In other words, is there a rage-> health conversion penalty for using FR at lower than 60 rage ?

Think magic fights (quick example: Jaina fight in the HoT heroics), there SD usage is wasted as the vast majority of damage comes from magic. If there is no conversion penalty then it would be better to unload multiple partial rage FR's, because waiting to dip lower on health and then unloading a 60 rage FR would surely make the healer waste a big heal on you.

I'd test it myself but now I'm unable to log into the game
    It works as you described. You receive a heal proportional to the amount of Rage consumed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    Yor'sahj is a great fight for FR because it's lots of magic damage which can't be dodged. Personal best was just over 400k after a H Madness Impale. Frenzied Regen is amazing in the right circumstances.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulski View Post
    Yor'sahj is a great fight for FR because it's lots of magic damage which can't be dodged. Personal best was just over 400k after a H Madness Impale. Frenzied Regen is amazing in the right circumstances.
    Go try H Baleroc...... top the DPS charts and the healing charts on the same fight, was hitting 640,000 FRs toward the end of the fight
    Victoria Aut Mors