Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tlacoatl View Post
    no, in a thread about positive things you hand out back handed grudging postivies as a way of being negative. there iis another thread for that, use it.
    Question what do you like most about guild wars 2...doesnt say be super duper hyped about it I liked that its free and I like jumping but I didnt like the rewards end of.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    its free about all i can come up with although i did actually enjoy the jumping puzzles even if the rewards were terrible vistas, i dont tneed a game to tell me where to explore to get a good view let alone a lame cinematic. bt yeah they were fun so thats the reward i guess.
    Vistas are not jumping puzzles. There is very little platforming skills needed for vistas.
    Vistas are not cinematics. They are live pans of the live game.

Jumping puzzles award an achievement, a chest and very often a boss. There are 39 of them in the achievement tab.

Now that I've cleared that up, the thing I like best about Guild Wars 2 is the open world. I found a place today in Timberline Falls that looks just like Mount Shasta. It was stunning gorgeous. The whole damn world is stunning gorgeous and intensely immersive. When I jump into water, it feels like I am really swimming.

I am loving the leveling experience, first time I've been challenged in quite a while. I like the dynamic questing, how easy it is to form groups and the sheer amount of players. I like how they chain up to more interesting encounters, I've seen some pretty impressive stuff by playing out a dynamic chain.

I like the scaling down and how it keeps all the content relevant. An entire world never grown stale and faceroll.

I effing love the combat style too. Most fun I've had in a long time.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaddriel View Post
    Vistas are not jumping puzzles. There is very little platforming skills needed for vistas.
    Vistas are not cinematics. They are live pans of the live game.

Jumping puzzles award an achievement, a chest and very often a boss. There are 39 of them in the achievement tab.
    Heh thanks I guess I enjoyed jumping up to vistas then I did get a few chests but I didnt realise there was a difference :P

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Heh thanks I guess I enjoyed jumping up to vistas then I did get a few chests but I didnt realise there was a difference :P
    You'll know when you found a jumping puzzle. You should check them out, some of them are incredible.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    Hmm Its hard to say one thing. I am continually impressed by the game. However the number one thing I like so far is the company behind it. I hope they continue with the same standard of excellence they have shown so far as it seems to be a hard thing to come by these days. I love the fact that they are always working on the game and pushing out updates on almost a daily basis. I love the fact that in a time where everything is "fine", in a age where everyone is afraid to hold its player base accountable they have stood up and said.. nope dont think so and banned those that deserved it.

Bout time.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    The world.

And kegbrawl. Oh god kegbrawl is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Someone point out there's a bunch of negative threads around, so let's change that:

"What do you like most about Guild Wars 2? Why?"
    I like the spirit of cooperation that it fosters and encourages. No more seeing people in an area and thinking "Oh no, they're gonna take my kills/nodes". People actually look forward to seeing others and helping with kills or events. And I've even seen people going out of their way or risking their own lives to rez downed players.

Of course, the motivation could also be as simple as the XP or loot reward, but it's still a step in the right direction away from the "me me me" mentality of old MMOs.

Deleted
    I <3 the do what you want approach to the game. Like not having a quest log or having to pick up quests. You walk though a zone and help people on your way.

I <3 being rewarded for everything, so it means I can do anything. I want to go out and explore, no problem! And I level up too. I think that Vistas are great too, and some of them do require you to take a step back, think, look at the map, explore, think again and look at the map again, then all of a sudden it clicks into place and you know how to do it.

I <3 it not feeling like a grind, more like I’m in a moving non-static world. I’m helping one guy with some menacing nasties and then next thing I know 20 players run past safeguarding a caravan being ambushed by mercenaries. I’m able to just drop what I’m doing and join in without any penalty or prerequisites. Then I flow with the group doing several chained events and when it’s all over and I’m happy with the experience I can walk back to the guy I was helping and pick up where I left off.

I <3 gathering materials for crafting. Not just the XP you gain and the ability to just straight deposit them to my collectables freeing up bag space, but also that they don’t take up your account storage (bank slots).

I <3 the combat, I’m a Mesmer (Caster type, sorta) and I’m so mobile. None of this cast time nonsense, and any abilities that have a cast time (apart from summon Golem) you cast on the move the same goes for channelled spells. Being able to dodge potentially fatal attacks is also wonderful it adds a new pace to MMOs. Yes don’t stand in the fire has been around forever but because of dodging they can be made more punishing for failing giving the game a new thrill that can’t be healed through (not to mention booby traps in the world and instances, very punishing).

I <3 the abolition of the MMO trinity. Instances are far more fun and challenging this way (IMO) and the way you play and develop your play style directly transfers from open world into instances. Also you’re not pigeon holed into a role, if you have skills you have skills full stop, you don’t need to play any way other than the way you want.

I <3 how this game feels like it’s full of unique moments. This is because of the way players are guided to run into each other when playing. The more people that home in on these events make it scale to make it feel more awesome. I also <3 how even if only a few people are attracted to the event it scales down and isn’t impossible. But it is also great and unique in its own right.

I could go on and on about it being immersive, and it being a wonderfully rendered world, Lions Arch is great (beautifully crafted Hook style city) and the secret Vista that leads into the Pirates lair and the mini adventure that follows but I’m at work and I have run out of time ;p.

My last word is in answer to any doubters. Yes, the only reason I am posting is because I am at work. If I were at home I would be playing Guild Wars 2
    Last edited by mmoc2a53040fef; 2012-09-10 at 01:39 PM.

My character looks awesome, feels awesome, feels unique. I can just walk around or stand on a mountain top and survey the land. If I feel like getting down and into what's going on its always there waiting, but if I don't oh well.

The world, exploring, the small attention to detail around it, and no monthly fee.

Torch + Sword Guardian <3

Deleted
    I think the best thing is no competition while questing and material nodes that other people won't steal it from you.
    I already have nightmares when I think how horrible it's going to be on MoP launch when 100 people will want to kill 1 mob. I play on Silvermoon EU server and it's crowded like hell.

Deleted
    01. Vistas
    02. Jump Puzzles
    03. The general look and atmosphaere of the game
    04. The SteamPunk here and there

Deleted
    The general gameplay is amazing from the leveling events to the combat system and the graphics I love it all. The one downside I found was the end game seemed to be lacking (when I first dinged 80) but now im spending hours of fun playing wvw and farming Karma for the warrior set it's keeping me busy. Great game that's better than I had hoped.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaddriel View Post
    You'll know when you found a jumping puzzle. You should check them out, some of them are incredible.
    I really doubt he would and he'd love to tell everyone that also.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshrag View Post
    04. The SteamPunk here and there
    Forgot to mention that. The Charr have this sort of Steampunk Kilrathi, for those who remember Wing Commander, look that I find very very awesome. Seeing my Charr warrior decked out in culture armor and swinging a two-handed "steamblade," still gives me goose bumps sometimes.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Deleted
    So many things, really.

How cooperation is encouraged, the great graphics, weapon/ability systems, jumping puzzles, everything gives XPs, crafting discoveries, mats bag, no mail posts, quick travels, every little details like asura puppets in orphanages and how legs bend on slopes, armor dyes, personal storyline influenced by your background choices, Divinity's Reach (worth the money alone), smooth levelling through hearts, funny interactions with NPC, random events, HUGE random events, hearts fast rewards (no back and forth from NPC's), and their multiple ways to achieve an heart, people that say "thanks" after a revive, human race that finally looks hot (both genders), running asuras, halting asuras, one click Trading Post, one click PvP, firing two pistols while running sideways.
    And more.

Actually i don't care about the "no fee" things, since if the game is good i don't mind paying for that. Sadly nothing in the TP is worth buying atm, so i think i'll send some money in a envelope every month to the Anet guys for the good job.
    Last edited by mmoc6322d2f7bc; 2012-09-10 at 03:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love everything about it but the most defining thing I love about it...is the shit you can make up in the game as mini games...like time wasting awesomeness...for example...me and my mates were doing this jumping puzzle and we had all done it except 1 guy so we started playing gw2 pictionary where you draw on the map but obviously it only lasts a little while so you gotta draw fast ... was amazing.

We also had like jumping competition using whatever tools you good to get the furthest of this plank of wood at a vista in lions arch...and used the warriors banners as markers. Dunno why but those little things you can do with your mates literally waste hours of time but are so fun. Pictionary is my fav atm =P

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a customization junkie, so I love the fact that you can make your character look like practically anything.
    I also like the crafting system. Just seems easier than WoW's system did. Have you guys seen the new changes too? They made it to where you don't have to have the stuff in your inventory. I had stuff in my collectibles tab, and could still craft things. What a great fix.
    I actually kind of enjoy the Overflow server thing too. I haven't been in overflow for a few days, but it was kind of cool interacting with people from other servers. I'm Fort Aspenwood, and a guy from Jade Quarry and I ran around and helped each other find pets. So even though we were mortal enemies, we could still help each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Someone point out there's a bunch of negative threads around, so let's change that:

"What do you like most about Guild Wars 2? Why?"
    No subscription.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    No subscription.
    Haha how'd I forget that one?
    No subscription is a huge one. Even though $15 a month isn't that much, I'd rather not pay it. I also like that you can buy things with real money but for the most part, it's nothing that will make you 10x better than someone else.