I decided to continue this thread because the information was spread across too many pages and people kept asking the same questions. Because of this I decided to make a compilation of the information and speculation that has been done about crafting Twilight.
Twilight is made in the Mystic Forge by combining 4 materials, it is most likely Dusk, Gift of Metal, Gift of Darkness and one more Legendary item made by combining Gift of Battle, Bloodstone Shard, Mystic Clover and Gift of Exploration. These two asumptions are based on the fact that you cannot combine Dawn with Bloodstone shard or Gift of Exploration (This means you cant do it with Dusk either).
- Dusk (Bind on Equip) - Exotic Greatsword that is made in the Mystic Forge, people are claiming that they put in 4 random rare/exotic greatswords to make it, asuming this is true I still believe that it has its own recipe in the Forge too. However if you want Dusk right here right now I suggest you go and buy on the Trading post for 60g.
- Bloodstone Shard (Account bound) - Requires 200 skillpoints bought from Myani at the Mystic Forge in Lion's Arch.
- Gift of Metal (Account bound) - Crafted by lvl 400 Weaponsmith the following is the materials required:
Orichalcum Ingot x250
Darksteel Ingot x250
Platinum Ingot x250
Mithril Ingot x250
- Gift of Darkness (Account bound) - Crafted by lvl 400 Armorsmith the following is the materials required:
Gift of Ascalon (Account bound) - Bought with 500 Ascalonian Tears which is dropped in AC explorable mode, the tears are soulbound so make sure you collect all on one character.
Orichalcum Ingot x250
Cured Hardened Leather Square x250
Onyx Lodestone x100 - Made in Mystic Forge with 2 Onyx Cores + 1 Pile of Crystalline Dust + 1 Crystal + 1 Bottle of Elonian Wine. The Lodestone is also dropped but I dont know where yet.
- Gift of Battle (Account bound) - Bought with 500 Badges of Honor which you get from killing enemies in WvW or doing the jumping puzzles.
- Gift of Exploration (Account bound) - Requires 100% world completion, if you did not get any reward from getting 100% done, go to Fort Trinity and take the middle portal. Upon entering you should get the two Gift of Exploration.
- Mystic Clover - Acording to people on Reddit you can make RANDOM t6 fine materials (this includes the Mystic Clover) by combining:
10 Obsidian Shards + 10 Ectoplasm + 10 Crystals + 10 Mystic Coins = 20-50 of a random t6 material
The Obsidian Shards are bought from the Karma vendor for 2100 Karma at temple of Balthazar in Straits of Devestation when it is not contested.
At this point the use of Gift of Battle, Gift of Exploration and Mystic Clover is pure speculation and we do not know for sure if they are used at all. We do however know that Gift of Darkness, Gift of Metal, Dusk and Bloodstone Shard are used at some stage of the creation of Twilight but those 4 items are not combined together.
How much will crafting Twilight cost me?
With current prices a rough estimate is that you will need 250g worth of items, but of couse you can farm 90% of these items by yourself if you want to. You will however have to spend minimum 20g on buying the recipe for Gift of Darkness and Gift of Metal and a couple of more gold on creating Darksteel Ingot.
What do I HAVE to grind?
Gift of Ascalon, Gift of Exploration, Bloodstone Shard, Gift of Battle and most parts of Mystic Clover.