Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    The Patient Abominator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    265
    You have two options, commit and put the effort in or fail. Do research, educate yourself on diet and training, this forum is an extremely poor place for advice as it is all anecdotal broscience that people believe to be fact because they read it somewhere once. Seriously look somewhere else if you truly want to change your self.

  2. #22
    i downloaded an app called MyFitnessPal - there is a website too if u can't access the free app.

    is working well for me so far, just make sure if you have a planned exercise session coming up you do still make sure your body has the fuel for it, i had jujitsu training last night, and after inputting that into the app because i'd been careful with how many calories i'd eaten during the day I was acutally on a minus calories for the day (net) and felt terrible, so i need to make sure i have roughly double the calories on jujitsu days!

  3. #23
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    30
    A job like that, you'd get alot of exercise as it is honestly. I had a summer job shovelling concrete for a builder 5-6 years in succession, and I can tell you from experience the biggest problem, especially for men of our height, is not damaging your back.

  4. #24
    Field Marshal Ghempe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    68
    Eat normal food, and do an activity for 40 min each day. That's what I did and I lost 55kg in 10 months (did spinning 40 min each day). If the food is home made it's a lot better due to a lot less salt and processed food usually has a lot less of all the good stuff your body needs. Also drink water instead of juice or soda. It really makes a difference, and after a while you won't even feel tempted to drink sweet drinks. Have a cheat day each week, mine is usually on Friday or Saturday. A cheat day doesn't mean you have to go crazy and eat everything you come across. This worked wonders for me, so instead of going on a 'diet' just live normally with some activity and it'll handle itself. Good luck :-)

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghempe View Post
    Eat normal food, and do an activity for 40 min each day. That's what I did and I lost 55kg in 10 months (did spinning 40 min each day). If the food is home made it's a lot better due to a lot less salt and processed food usually has a lot less of all the good stuff your body needs. Also drink water instead of juice or soda. It really makes a difference, and after a while you won't even feel tempted to drink sweet drinks. Have a cheat day each week, mine is usually on Friday or Saturday. A cheat day doesn't mean you have to go crazy and eat everything you come across. This worked wonders for me, so instead of going on a 'diet' just live normally with some activity and it'll handle itself. Good luck :-)
    You say live normally and you lost 55 kg in 10 months? I call bs on that tbh. A normal weight loss strategy is 1 pound a week, one pound is around 0.5 kg. Thats 5 kg in 10 weeks, 50 kg in 100 weeks. Thats 700 days. So either you ate something stupid like 200 calories a day or you are lying.

  6. #26
    I lost 13 kg in 7 months by only running every day in the morning, no diet nothing just running every morning and work work and MOAR work

  7. #27
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    277
    I lost 60 pounds in 5 months from stopping drinking pop and drinking water instead and stopped drinking all microwaved foods. I also started lifting. I think the water part is what really helps though.

  8. #28
    Water does help alot, it flushes toxins out of your body which can make you look bloated.
    You will lose around 10 pounds to start with from only swapping to Water.
    If you are only starting out and you got maybe 50-60 pounds to lose, start out slowly.
    Do small walks every day to start off, dont just jump into cardio / weight lifting.
    Lose the weight slowly, dont go on a crash diet which limits you to 500 calories or less per day. its just the dumbest thing you can do.
    If you are lets say 300 pounds, you can eat around 2 000 calories a day and still lose weight. But you should aim to lose a pound or two MAXIMUM per week, otherwise you will just end up with loose skin. And if you are a "newbie" to weight lifting, do it while losing weight, or you will have that small pooch because of lack of muscle.
    Try and get as much protein as possible to prevent muscle loss. And DONT go on a low carb diet.

  9. #29
    Alot of stuff that isn't realy true in this thread. Problem is that people don't follow studies.

    if i were you i would just read up on the subjekt instead. just read up on stuff like:

    what does carbs do?
    what does protein do?
    what does fat do?

    what vitamins and fat are vital?

    if you know the basics its realy easy to make it work.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Allrim View Post
    Alot of stuff that isn't realy true in this thread. Problem is that people don't follow studies.

    if i were you i would just read up on the subjekt instead. just read up on stuff like:

    what does carbs do?
    what does protein do?
    what does fat do?

    what vitamins and fat are vital?

    if you know the basics its realy easy to make it work.
    Because studies = Fact 100% of the time....

  11. #31
    Do Yoga and join the Gym.
    Drink maximum water
    Never go to bed after taking meal.
    Go for a morning walk daily

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by cricxus View Post
    Do Yoga and join the Gym.
    Drink maximum water
    Never go to bed after taking meal.
    Go for a morning walk daily
    It doesnt matter when you eat.

  13. #33
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    In the mountains
    Posts
    543
    Alot of cardio bro,and loose the fizzy drinks etc..and the junk food

  14. #34
    Weight training and some cardio. I'd recommend compound movements and some HIIT.

    When it comes to food, just get a good dose of complex carbs, lean protein and healthy fats. And add some vegetables in atleast 2 of your meals.

    Meal frequency is irrelevant, just try to stay away from carbs right before bed.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Harzaka View Post
    It doesnt matter when you eat.
    Well, it sort of does in that when I eat at night I tend to sleep worse.

    As to the person suggesting not to eat carbs at night, I find eating simple carbs at night increases my intensity in the gym.

  16. #36
    Field Marshal Ghempe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by Harzaka View Post
    You say live normally and you lost 55 kg in 10 months? I call bs on that tbh. A normal weight loss strategy is 1 pound a week, one pound is around 0.5 kg. Thats 5 kg in 10 weeks, 50 kg in 100 weeks. Thats 700 days. So either you ate something stupid like 200 calories a day or you are lying.
    Yes, I am lying on the internet because that makes me feel so good.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghempe View Post
    Yes, I am lying on the internet because that makes me feel so good.
    You aren't lying, you are simply delusional as to what "normally" means. You must have been eating virtually nothing as well as doing at least some exercise. 55 kg in roughly 43.5 weeks = 2.8 lbs a week which means you were eating at a deficit of 10-11k a week. Assuming you are burning about 2500 calories a day, you would have had to eat roughly 1000 calories a day. 1000 calories a day is not normal by most people's standards. (That said, I diet at 1500 calories a day myself).

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by jbhasban View Post
    Well, it sort of does in that when I eat at night I tend to sleep worse.

    As to the person suggesting not to eat carbs at night, I find eating simple carbs at night increases my intensity in the gym.
    Yeah, I ment to write complex carbs before bed. For the same reason you posted, I tend to sleep worse when I do. But I guess that's individual. Find what works for you, just eat clean.

  19. #39
    try eating in regular intervals(around 3h intervals) and try not eating much while also drinking around 1,5l of water also avoid eating fried food and candies. Do some exercise, around 1h in the gym(going like 4-5 times per week at least). You should lose around 1kg to 2kg per week

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Sethorian View Post
    try eating in regular intervals(around 3h intervals) and try not eating much while also drinking around 1,5l of water also avoid eating fried food and candies. Do some exercise, around 1h in the gym(going like 4-5 times per week at least). You should lose around 1kg to 2kg per week
    Doesnt matter when you eat.
    Thread starter, eat when you want to. You dont have to eat every 3h or w/e.
    Drink atleast 2l water.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •