Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    If the RT version is 499 pre tax, there is no chance in hell that the "pro" version will be under a grand.
    Depends on who you get it from. My guess is that Microsoft wants to sell the premium device and let OEM's handle cheaper stuff.

But Microsoft IS selling the "cheaper one". This is not to say that there will be no other Windows 8 tablets of course, Microsoft is licensing the software out to third parties (I think I saw a Lenovo tablet with Win8 advertised the other day).

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    But Microsoft IS selling the "cheaper one". This is not to say that there will be no other Windows 8 tablets of course, Microsoft is licensing the software out to third parties (I think I saw a Lenovo tablet with Win8 advertised the other day).
    Yes, and it's an x86 machine (with the full version of W8) for $599. Microsoft's equivalent will run more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Yes, and it's an x86 machine (with the full version of W8) for $599. Microsoft's equivalent will run more than that.
    On the other hand, MS's version has a 1080p screen instead of 768p, it has USB 3.0 instead of 2.0, not sure if the lenovo has video out or not, not sure if it has a keyboard attachment or not either. All things that add value (being able to run a beamer off your tablet instead of needing to schlep around a laptop aswell just to do presentations is a big QoL boost). Not to mention the Surface Pro having a quadcore IB instead of an Intel Atom single/dual core.