Deleted

Healing Rain, Conductivity and Haste

Hi fellow shamans,

i noticed that, intended or not, the more haste you have the lesser you benefit from Conductivity because it lowers it's duration (as well as tick period).
    This seems like unpleasant downside of haste for those shamans that choose Conductivity talent.
    To me, the right choice would be when you get Conductivity, haste rain should no longer affect healing rain.

Would like to hear your opinion.

Deleted
    Healing rain acts like most dots/hots do with haste, as in, it will lower the duration until it can squeeze an extra tick in (for example, as a quick test as elemental, popping HR without cds gives ~7 ticks at just over 10 seconds duration, but popping it with elemental mastery+heroism gives ~11 at a similar duration), it wont actually go below like 9 seconds duration or so.

Haste also lowers the cast time of HR, so you'll also spend less time casting it with higher haste, as well as the spells you use to provide the splash heals, so you should be able to fit more in. There are no negative effects of haste to it, although you may feel you get more benefit out of just pushing it past a breakpoint so you gain an extra tick and it'll end up at a longer duration too.

Apologies for not knowing the numbers off the top of my head, but those are the mechanics anyway.

Deleted
    This is correct, but i am speaking more of enha perspective. As a enha i very rarely cast healing or damaging spell with cast time outside of msw 5 stacks, so haste does not work this way for me. I cannot fit more casts within the same healing rain spell because of lower cast time. So i am taking a negative blow with higher haste ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by bladebarrier View Post
    This is correct, but i am speaking more of enha perspective. As a enha i very rarely cast healing or damaging spell with cast time outside of msw 5 stacks, so haste does not work this way for me. I cannot fit more casts within the same healing rain spell because of lower cast time. So i am taking a negative blow with higher haste ratio.
    More haste = a lower GCD on your healing rain (+other spells) and more MW5 procs and thus more healing via extra LB you throw at the boss. Not to mention that you'll still hard cast LB under 5 stacks of MW5 if everything else in on CD.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by bladebarrier View Post
    Tbh i would think you are better off sticking with 1 of the other talents for enhancement. Think about it, unless your healers are pretty bad you shouldnt need to keep a healing rain down to get maximum benefit to the talent thus lowering ur dps wasting maelstrom weapon procs. Instead it would be better to use the other talents which do more healing when it really matters, and on the whole would probably use less gcd

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by delaxes View Post
    Tbh i would think you are better off sticking with 1 of the other talents for enhancement. Think about it, unless your healers are pretty bad you shouldnt need to keep a healing rain down to get maximum benefit to the talent thus lowering ur dps wasting maelstrom weapon procs. Instead it would be better to use the other talents which do more healing when it really matters, and on the whole would probably use less gcd
    Yeah, get rid of Conductivity and get one of the other 2 talents.

You can still use Healing Rain without Conductivity.