Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Xp gained from Stormstout brewery/Temple of the jade

Anyone know how much xp a group of 85s will get none rested from just kills in temple of the jade and stormstout brewery. Just looking for the xp number of just kills not counting the complete random and not being rested.

Havent done it in a while but I think it is around 800k for each run. Not 100% sure tho

anyone have exact numbers?

Back in July I did 85 - 87 by only doing dungeons (Stormstout brewery/Temple of the jade), the XP gained from dungeons might have changes since but what I did were that I wrote how much each dungeon gave me and then got an average out of it. Including the bonus XP you get for queueing for an random dungeon the average I got was:
    Between 85 - 86: 919 119 XP/random dungeon
    Between 86 - 87: 989 481 XP/random dungeon

Does numbers where the average numbers, Temple of the Jade Serpent was giving a bit more and Stormstout Brewery a bit less.
    Last edited by Ater; 2012-09-10 at 07:35 AM.

k thanks so doing 1ce is only really viable

Quote Originally Posted by Ater View Post
    Back in July I did 85 - 87 by only doing dungeons (Stormstout brewery/Temple of the jade), the XP gained from dungeons might have changes since but what I did were that I wrote how much each dungeon gave me and then got an average out of it. Including the bonus XP you get for queueing for an random dungeon the average I got was:
    Between 85 - 86: 919 119 XP/random dungeon
    Between 86 - 87: 989 481 XP/random dungeon

Does numbers where the average numbers, Temple of the Jade Serpent was giving a bit more and Stormstout Brewery a bit less.

Deleted
    Has anyoned timed it with a respectable group? Say if you get a bunch of overgeared good dps guildmembers in and just chain it into the ground till you hit 87.

6 million per hour.

Just ran a Stormstout Brewery ...

I received just over 687k XP Un-Rested purely from the Mobs. Then the Random Reward = 236k .. Which means each run is giving just over 923k XP and if you don't wipe it is probably about 20-30mins per Run (I'd say 15-20 if you Blitz it).

Then of course the first run will yield an extra 516k XP because of the Quests. So First Run = Almost 1.5Mil XP and then each run thereafter would total around ~930k Per Run. *I'll update once I get into a Fresh Temple of the Jade Serpent.

So considering that your Average Quest in the Jade Forest gives about 111,000 XP and mobs ~7,000 ... I would say it would be best to run TOTJS and SB both once for the Quests and then just simply Quest after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    Has anyoned timed it with a respectable group? Say if you get a bunch of overgeared good dps guildmembers in and just chain it into the ground till you hit 87.
    Well you can't really try that since at least Temple of the Jade (don't remember if it's the same thing with Stormstout) has an item-scaling going on for testing. In that dungeon all you gear gets scale down to an ilvl of 370- 378 or something like that. If you got a good group for doing dungeons when it's live most people will likely have an average ilvl somewhere between 400 - 410. So it will actually be a lot easier and quicker live compared to in the beta right now.

I timed a full clear of Temple of the Jade back in May (things might have changed since) that I did with an complete random group from the dungeon finder, it took 19 min. But almost exactly 2 of does 19 min were the tank going afk, so it actually took 17 min. In the group only me had good gear, the rest were most likely premades with the ilvl 378-gear without gems and enchants that premades get. A heroic DS geared guildgroup will be able to just chainpull everything and just aoe. My guess is that a full clear live will take like 10 minutes at the most, at least after the first 1-2 clears when everybody has learnt the dungeons.

But as someone else wrote, questing will most likely be quicker as long as you don't get stuck with hundreds of people competing for the same questobjectives.

---------- Post added 2012-09-10 at 01:32 PM ----------

I can also add that with the amount of XP I was getting while doing some testing back in July (things might have change since) and the amount of XP it currently takes to level 85 - 86 will take 10 - 11 full random dungeon clears. That number includes that you turn in 25 dailys and do the dungeon quests in Stormstout and Jade.

If you also plan to do 86 - 87 from random dungeons that would take about 15 more random dungeons making it a total of about 25 random dungeons + 25 dailys + all the dungeon quests to go from lvl 85 - 87.

If one random dungeon takes 10 min thats about 1 hour and 45 min to reach level 86. Thats a total of about 4 hours and 10 min to go from level 85 - 87. If one dungeon takes 15 min thats 2 hours and 45 min for 85 - 86 and 6 hours and 15 min for 85 - 87.

If you do this with a guild group and everyone got a battle standard that should lower the amount needed with at least 2 dungeons I think.

But remember, all the information above is from the beta and it's from a few month ago, thinks might have changed, you cant trust does numbers blindly.

Ok so I have run both and here it is in a bit neater format...

Stormstout Brewery (At 85)

687,000 XP Per Run (Trash)
    236,000 XP Per Run (Random Dungeon Reward)
    516,000 XP First Run (Quests)

First Run Total - Just under 1,439,000 Million XP
    Average Run Total - ~930,000 XP

Temple of the Jade Serpent (At 85)

722,500 XP Per Run (Trash)
    236,000 XP Per Run (Random Dungeon Reward)
    516,000 XP First Run (Quests)

First Run Total - Just Under 1,474,500 Million XP
    Average Run Total - ~958,500 XP

Now the Above poster has said 10 Minutes per run... I really don't think that's possible... Stormstout has 3 Bosses and TOTJS has 4 .. Each boss alone is at least 1-2 minutes, so at least 4-8 Minutes just on bosses ... I doubt you can do the trash in ~5minutes of each Dungeon ... So I'd say 15minutes per Dungeon is the best estimate, 20 if you want to be safe.

So to match that Average XP Per Run you would have to complete like ~7 Quests per 15-20 minutes, which is very dependent on what type of Quests you're doing and how easy/hard they are. So to change what I said in my last post, I'd say Running Dungeons from at least 85-86 would worth it, perhaps even 86-87 will still be worth it... Exp will be roughly the same from the Dungeons and Quest XP will go from 111,000 per Quest to 129,000. So it "Might" be more effective to Quest, but again it'll depend on how Quick/Slow the Quests are.

Has anyone done any solid testing to see if you can actually skip the quests in the first zone, and just go straight to valley of the four winds. Because one of my friends on beta mentioned something about a pre-requisite for the chen stormstout chain.

Quote Originally Posted by Daverid View Post
    Now the Above poster has said 10 Minutes per run... I really don't think that's possible... Stormstout has 3 Bosses and TOTJS has 4 .. Each boss alone is at least 1-2 minutes, so at least 4-8 Minutes just on bosses ... I doubt you can do the trash in ~5minutes of each Dungeon ... So I'd say 15minutes per Dungeon is the best estimate, 20 if you want to be safe.
    As I wrote before, I did TOTJS in 17 min with a completely random group from the dungeonfinder where most chars where premade toons in the premade <380 gear and without gems and enchants. And the players in that group were nothing special at all, if I remember things right there was only one person in the group that did decent dps on the bosses.

I don't say that it will take 10 min per dungeon, but I do think somewhere between 9 - 13 min is possible.

One thing you have to take to account is the item-scaling that's currently in the beta. I don't remember how Stormstout is but in TOTJS the gear is scaling down to something like 370 - 378 I believe. If you compare that to ilvl 400 - 410 people in full heroic DS gear it will have a huge difference in time. On live you're group will also most likely be using foodbuffs, flasks and have people who are used to work together and are communicating over vent or other similar application.

When we were doing TOTJS just me and a friend (healer and tank) with 3 random dps from the dungeon finder and the low <380 ilvl, we could pull all the trash before the left side boss at the same time and just AOE them down. For the right side boss we could take all the trash in two pulls. And before the last bosses we could pull all the trash before doses bosses at once. It were like two months since we did this so I might forgetting about some mob, but that means a total of 4 pulls that we aoe down for all the trash in the dungeon, the rest is the bosses.

And for the bosses they have between 4 - 6,5 million hp if I'm remembering things right, to kill a 5m hp boss in one minute you need a combined dps of about 83K dps, that's about 166K dps to kill it in 30 seconds. Three dps with full DS hc gear will most likely be doing at least 40K dps, probably 50K+ since the fights will be so short that they can keep CDs up for a large part of it. That's like 120 - 150K total dps for does three combined.

My ilvl <380 healer had no problem keeping the ilvl <380 tank alive on does bosses, it was easy and healing is not my main specc so I'm far from good at it. When tank and healer have ilvl 400+ the tank will most likely be able to use a couple of pices of dpsgear and the healer will be able to do some dpsing while healing. So I think it's very possible to have a combined tank + healerdps of 25 - 50K dps depending on what type of tank and healer u are using. For an example, in hc DS right now our disc-priest do between 10 - 25K dps on most fights and our tanks are doing between 15 - 40K dps depending on fight.

So if you combine dps, tank (with a few pices of dpsgear) and a healer who tries to dps you will most likely have a bossdps of somewhere between 150 - 200K dps, thats 25 - 35 seconds to kill a boss with 5m hp. Ofc some bosses have mecanics that don't let you kill them asap, but I think it's a good guess that a ilvl 400+ guildgroup with vent, flask, food, pots will kill does bosses in a total of <6 - 7 minutes. Then the only question left is how long will it take to move to the 4 trashpacks I wrote about before and kill them.
    Last edited by Ater; 2012-09-10 at 03:08 PM.

Another thing to note is that you can also get some more exp by dropping the guild battle standards, as they give 15% exp from killing monsters. It would be quite beneficial to have everyone in the group drop them at certain points during the run, eg. trash pulls, boss kills etc. They have a 10 minute cooldown so theoretically you could get like an extra 10% exp from these runs all up, if you organise the dropping of them.

I've done Jade Serpent and Brewery in under 9 minutes with item scaling on for 372 at jade serpent and 391 for stormstout - group is 410 ilvl if no buff. I received 1.15-1.2 million xp per instance.
    Last edited by FiveDkp; 2012-09-17 at 08:55 AM.
    Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/onlyjoshintv
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn2...7AE0NG5sjbjYPw

Content centres around Lost Ark currently

Deleted
    After youre done with the quests inside questing is way faster to quest then to run dungeons...

Remember that you only get the random dungeon xp bonus for the 7 first dungeons you run, after that there is no random dungeon xp bonus anymore...

yep

I've seen a bunch of posts like this where people are planning their experience-gain from dungeon spamming around 7-8 minute dungeon runs. Shouldn't people realistically be planning their gain around 12-minute-minimum runs, as otherwise they will be running into the "5 instances per hour" lockout?

I believe the 5 instances per hour only applies to manually entering an instance. LFG should't be affected by it.

It would be good to check that on beta to be sure however.

Quote Originally Posted by Filthe View Post
    Remember that you only get the random dungeon xp bonus for the 7 first dungeons you run, after that there is no random dungeon xp bonus anymore...
    I tried this in the beta back in July and I got the extra XP bonus for every dungeon, not just the first 7. It might not be like that live, but at least that's they way it worked in the beta back in July.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    Would be interested in additional numbers as well, we agreed on rushing LFD for 85-86, but are still unsure on 86-87.
    Last edited by mmoc1fecdd9041; 2012-09-19 at 06:12 AM.