Hunter back after nearly 2 years seek suggestions

Hi peeps,

i am just bk after a 1 and a half year break (left 2 months after cata) and i started to farm some hcs and managed to finish DS on LFR.

Right now i have 376 GS and i am pulling 22k as a BM on dummy and around 20/21 as SURV.

My question is, considering my GS are these values acceptable or i am doing something wrong. I am asking this because bk in the days of early cata (with something more then 360 GS) i was able to pull 30K on patchwerk style fights (can't remember on dummies), so i was expecting (with higher GS) to pull at least that value on the dummy. I am now pretty confortable with the shot rotation and i capped both hit rat and expertise.

I would gladly link my char but i just transferred him on a new realm and it is not visible on the armory yet.
    Last edited by ganodorf; 2012-09-10 at 09:32 AM.

Are you by chance attacking the boss dummies? They're currently tuned for level 90.

Quote Originally Posted by BleedingHollowVeteran View Post
    Are you by chance attacking the boss dummies? They're currently tuned for level 90.
    Nope, lvl 85s ones...

Hi there,
    There are lots of new buttons now, but I guess someone should ask - have you reforged your gear to account for the change to expertise for hunters?

Yes, hit/expertise are both capped but my question is...si my dps values actually low or is it normal?

Anything under 40k dps is horrible really.
    Champion of the Naaru | Hand of A'dal | Twilight Vanquisher | the Astral Walker | the Light of Dawn | Dragonslayer | Firelord | Savior of Azeroth

He only has 376 ilevel, I wouldn't expect him to be pulling 40k.

Quote Originally Posted by redsunrising15 View Post
    He only has 376 ilevel, I wouldn't expect him to be pulling 40k.
    Yeah, i don't care about pulling 40k, if i am not supposed to in my current gear (which is bad)...i just want to understand if i am failing in rotation or if i am doing it right..

it sounds reasonable-ish to me. given that you sacrificed some stats to get the exp, which isnt on our current gear as it will be in Mists. you might squeeze a lil more out after you get comfy with stuff.
    Barette the Light of Dawn

with 376 gear 20-24k dps is right at the mark for dps you should be pulling. If you have any spec questions id suggest heading to warcrafthuntersunion.com and as a guide for reforging/gemming/enchants id head to askmrrobot.com and put in your character to see what they suggest.

yesterday i managed to pull 23.5k on dummy and 37k in a 5 men (very burst fight to be honest since he died pretty fast :P). I start to be satisfied with my rotation.. And thanks for all the advices peeps