Deleted

Anyone won a Souldrinker in LFR since patch as blood dk?

I'm currently playing a blood DK and 2h frost (with Gurth LFR) as 2nd spec.

As far as I will 2-man the entire 85-90 with a heal, we planned to pack mobs and aoe them down.
    So I'm thinking of going DW because I think that DW will be much better than 2H for aoe.

Problem is that I have no DW weapon so I rely on on bit of luck to get at least 1 souldrinker from LFR.

Getting in LFR as blood is instant but I have to wait more than 20 minutes as frost...
    So is there a chance for me to win a Souldrinker even if I go LFR in blood spec.

FYI I won the strenght dps trinket on spine even in blood.

Thanks for your reply.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think you would win that in blood, since you tank with a 2H, but I certainly haven't tried it. You could just go 2H frost instead since they can DW and that should put it on the loot table.

That said, I wouldn't even bother, honestly. You're about to hit MoP in just over 2 weeks. You don't need extra-special healing that really does very little. In my beta tests mobs died quite quickly and I certainly didn't lack for healing...and you can always throw in a DS or two.

Deleted
    The lootsystem doesnt care if youre blood, frost or UH. It will randomly give you items that you can use, so yes you should be able to get souldrinker as a blood tank (same way my shadowpriest has both the healing trinket and the healing mace from Spine/DW).

10+ Year Old Account
    Pala/Warrior tanks (can) use Souldrinker, so the weapon is tagged as tank AND dps..
    And since a DK can use 1H and 2H in any spec, you can get it..
    This was how the old LFR rules were.. I haven't seen any changes to this.. The new looting system hasn't changed loot tables, only how/when roll occur..

I can confirm That Yes, as a blood spec tanking Dk I won a soul drinker post patch. Thankfully I am DW frost offspec so it didn't go to waste.

I am trying for this sword since day one in LFR every week. I have seen it drop like 3-4 times and I always lost on the roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I don't think you would win that in blood, since you tank with a 2H, but I certainly haven't tried it. You could just go 2H frost instead since they can DW and that should put it on the loot table.

That said, I wouldn't even bother, honestly. You're about to hit MoP in just over 2 weeks. You don't need extra-special healing that really does very little. In my beta tests mobs died quite quickly and I certainly didn't lack for healing...and you can always throw in a DS or two.
    considering i got Indom Pride as UH DPS, i'm going to go ahead and say spec doesn't matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    My holy/disc priest won Rath in lfr post patch so nothing would surprise me.

My holy/ret pally won souldrinker but that was before the loot change.

Deleted
    i won a souldrinker as blood

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimatehawk View Post
    i won a souldrinker as blood
    same, won one sunday.
    "Let me answer your question with another, How would you feel if you found out you were a potato?"

Nintendo Friend Code 1049-0261-4082 Pokemon Name - Max