Paranormal Experiences.....

Not so much of a topic if you believe in Ghost or not, but did you have any type of paranormal experience that you just can't explain? When I was younger I was baby-sitting my little brother. It was late, and went to bad (separate rooms) and I was in the in-between phase of not quote asleep but also not quite awake. I was awakened by bathroom faucet running? I went to bathroom to look to see and was confused of course by it? I went to see my little brother to see if he was up? he was in his bed and fast asleep. He was really young as well, so not sure if he could even reach the faucet/sink by himself? I thought it was really weird at the time and never happened since? who knows I could have been sleep walking at the time and turned it on? It is about the only real experience that I had. I have had other family members experience much stranger phenomena but did not experience anything else since? just wanted to hear other peoples experiences with something similar to this?

Aside from the monsters that were under my bed when I was a child (which seriously terrified me when I was young because I wouldve bet anything they were there) I havent had any sort of "paranormal experiences". It's for the best really because I can be paranoid enough as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrament View Post
    Not so much of a topic if you believe in Ghost or not, but did you have any type of paranormal experience that you just can't explain
    If you could explain them they wouldn't be paranormal. If you can't explain them then you're making an argument from ignorance to call them paranormal.

Yes I've have had things happen that I can't explain, and that's where I end the story, they're simply unexplained (for the time being).

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    If you could explain them they wouldn't be paranormal. If you can't explain them then you're making an argument from ignorance to call them paranormal.

Yes I've have had things happen that I can't explain, and that's where I end the story, they're simply unexplained (for the time being).
    Yes. And I hardly find a faucet that is running to be unexplainable.

"Yes but I don't remember turning it on."

^Which supports the theory that somebody forgot about it.

I have had some interesting dreams on a few occasions that have come true with amazing accuracy down to the time on four separate occasions. I have no idea why the dreams happened. I was sure there was something, some type of hint or perhaps someone said something that triggered a few dreams but... there was nothing at all yet so specific. Explanation? No idea, there isn't really one that works quite well;however, I am not one who believes in much paranormal anything and just assume, we don't know and we may never know.

I had a dream once we went to a hotel and when it came time to leave it was 2:55 (in my dream it was clearly past the check out time and I was stressed) and this is exactly what happened i was waiting at the hotel for a while and in my dream it was 2:55 i called my father asked what time he was going to be here he said 10 minutes and he was there in 10 minutes. In real life it was that time I called asked he said 10 minutes and he was there in 10 minutes. The only problems I have are that the parking lot was almost exactly like my dream even the building that was across the street, and it was the first time I was there. I find it to be rather obtuse, it wasn't déjà vu/

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrament View Post
    Not so much of a topic if you believe in Ghost or not, but did you have any type of paranormal experience that you just can't explain?
    I can't explain lots of things. That doesn't make them paranormal except by way of an argument from ignorance.

---------- Post added 2012-09-10 at 05:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I had a dream once we went to a hotel and when it came time to leave it was 2:55 (in my dream it was clearly past the check out time and I was stressed) and this is exactly what happened i was waiting at the hotel for a while and in my dream it was 2:55 i called my father asked what time he was going to be here he said 10 minutes and he was there in 10 minutes. In real life it was that time I called asked he said 10 minutes and he was there in 10 minutes. The only problems I have are that the parking lot was almost exactly like my dream even the building that was across the street, and it was the first time I was there. I find it to be rather obtuse, it wasn't déjà vu/
    Well the entire scenario seems pretty dull, typical and thus predictable. I mean if you father said, "Themius, I'm Darth Vader"* in your dream AND in real life that would be a shocker, but "10 minutes" sounds like the normal thing to say. Your subconscious probably just accurately predicted what would happen given the scenario.

*unless your father regularly says this IRL.
    Last edited by semaphore; 2012-09-10 at 05:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Incoming wall of text

If Hypnogogic hallucinations count I've had like 4-5 of those, in 1st one I thought I was going to die lol. The rest where scary but I already knew they weren't real so they weren't too bad even though they got scarier. The mystery of my "free-willed" Dish network box turned out to be a neighbor with a remote that was on the same frequency as my remote so we would change each other's channels etc. Back when I had analog TVs 2 out of 3 would turn on and off randomly only when I was home alone just not the one in my room, then lightning struck and broke all 3 and we got rid of em and bought 3 flat-screens and nothing happened since. Ive actually seen weird crap like a fork floating on top of the counter but I attribute most of those to mind trick because I was sleep deprived when I saw those.

Now here come my unexplained experiences:
    1- My mom's alarm/radio also likes to turn on on its own when there's no alarm set for it when Im home alone.
    2-I know for sure I was not imagining this, I saw a red light coming into my room when I look into the hallway I see the light coming from the bathroom, then I proceeded to freak out jump to my fan/lamp turn on the lights and when I look again the red light is gone, there was no red light source in the bathroom or anywhere in the house that could produce that light.
    3-Recently, right after waking up, told me that she had a nightmare where she was throwing up rocks, when I went to brush my teeth there were rocks in the sink and I found several white rocks in there and asked mom and dad If they had for some reason placed them there and nobody knew jack about them. We are all aware that my sister sleepwalks but that type of rock was not anything like the rocks in the back yard or the parking lot so that was kinda freaky.
    4-My sister's sleepwalking episodes are not paranormal or anything she's just really grumpy while shes at it but there was one time where a coincidence scared the hell out of me. The same weekend that I had gone to watch paranormal activity with friends and laughed at it (my sister didn't go or watch the movie), she stood on top of her bed and stared at me for a good 10-15 secs ( staring took place in the movie but it lasted hours) then she yelled "Do you know who I am?!" and jumped back to bed and continued sleeping soundly like nothing happened. I'll just say that I slept with the lights on that night...

And those are all the weird experiences Ive had in my whole life that I remember explained and unexplained, I did not fabricate any of these and whether you guys believe them or not I know they happened and so do my family and some friends. I don't believe in ghosts and I dont think I will until their existence is proven, but if one thing is true is that coincidences can be fking scary.
    Last edited by Vizardlorde; 2012-09-10 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    I can't explain lots of things. That doesn't make them paranormal except by way of an argument from ignorance.

---------- Post added 2012-09-10 at 05:39 PM ----------

Well the entire scenario seems pretty dull, typical and thus predictable. I mean if you father said, "Themius, I'm Darth Vader"* in your dream AND in real life that would be a shocker, but "10 minutes" sounds like the normal thing to say. Your subconscious probably just accurately predicted what would happen given the scenario.

*unless your father regularly says this IRL.
    I already been through that, the other issue is the set up and the exact time. It's a very odd time. Then there are the dreams with my grandmother which were also unprovoked.

The whole set up has never happened before and has never happened again. Besides the time and location I was out there with all the bags which i had to carry downstairs which is why I was very annoyed in my dream besides the fact he was uber late and in real life when it happened.
    Last edited by Themius; 2012-09-10 at 05:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I was a toddler, we lived in a house that was haunted.

Every night a ghost would go into the fridge, take the butter, eat some and leave it on the hall table.

To get rid of the ghost my parents decided to call on mysterious powers. My dad learnt the ancient magical rite and the mysterious powers worked their arcane magic. When my parents came down the next morning the butter was still there.

Completely unconnected to the ghost, the very same night that my dad decided to call on the mysterious powers, he'd also put a small bolt on the hatch between the dining room and kitchen.

The ghost did try another method of getting into the kitchen, but he failed, as the chair he'd put next to the door in order to reach the handle stopped the door from opening.

He never tried again, and we got rid of the butter ghost forever.

Pretty spooky stuff.