Poll: Which class(es) do you think can match an Old God RP outline

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

RP point of interest : Old Gods

I will start this thread by making some initial statements. As a player of this game for a few years, I have realised that I am interested in both the PVE but mostly into the RP/lore aspects of the game. Therefore, having done a research on the best scale I could, I reached on the conclusion that the most brilliant and touching subject in the lore, in my opinion, are the Old Gods.

By saying that, I would like to start a subject regarding how this subjects can be applied to classes or could be in the future. In addition to that, lore and RP suggestions are welcome and I'd be glad to hear out speculations on how the Old Gods could be presented in the future content of the game.

A poll has been added for you to choose a class that you feel is close to the subject from your perspective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Little confused by the question but I'm assuming you mean which class could be the next to be influenced by the Old Gods. I personally voted for the druids and to a more important extent the Green Dragonflight. I'm almost wholely convinced that the Nightmare is the work of one of the Old Gods. But now since it is the "Age of mortals" I don't know if we will see a Emerald Dream expansion but I'm keeping all my fingers and toes crossed for it.

Hmm, I would say the original classes, like mage, paladin, etc.
    I don't see Monk, DK, Druid, or shaman though.
    I like to keep things original, with the removing of druid and sham.
    Sweeter than yo mama's apple pie.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to agree whole-heatedly with Nonfictionless. In all terms. Druids, and by extension through the Emerald Dream, the Green Dragonflight, the play of the old gods and their corruption causing the nightmare, and all digits crossed for an Emerald Dream expansion. I think, outside of classes, the Old Gods favorite targets to corrupt are the dragons (See Deathwing...) as the dragon aspects were literally built to stop the Old Gods from performing this "final cataclysm" of the world.

The only other classes I can really say might be priests or paladins, as something the old gods like to do is darken and corrupt things. We have seen in Archbishop Benedictus how the Old Gods manage to, and enjoy to, turn even the most devout and holy to their service. Kind of like making a joke at mortals feelings of hope and comfort, turning those who spend their lives spreading these feelings into their messengers of despair and death.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rogues.

Behind the scene puppetmasters with little to none moral fiber, sometimes part of grand schemes where the slightest influence can have enormous impact.
    Sounds Old God material to me.
    Last edited by Chonar; 2012-09-11 at 08:15 AM.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Priests (shadow), Shaman, Paladins (maybe ones that become champions of the Old Gods instead of the light), and Warrior.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

10+ Year Old Account
    In order to explain the very drastic changes to Warlock mechanics in Mist, Warlocks have recently been given some teaser lore;

http://www.wowpedia.org/Legacy_of_the_Masters_(Part_1)

After the cataclysm, several new sources of power had been discovered and a secret cabal of Warlocks sent investigators to various locations to bring back the secrets of these new power. two went to Outland to discover the secrets behind Ilidan's Demonic Metamorphosis (Demonology), Two went to the Firelands and Sulfuron Keep to investigate the nature of Chaotic Fire (Destruction) and two went to hunt down remants of the Twilight Cultists to learn more about the magic of suffering and pain from the Old Gods (Affliction).

In general this lore can be used to show that Warlocks will use any magic of any source to increase their ability to annihilate their enemies, even willingly using the powers of the Old Gods.

Also it would be very reasonable for Shadow Priests to worships the old gods, Shamans and Druids have already had their storied interaction with them.
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2012-09-11 at 09:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    I will start this thread by making some initial statements. As a player of this game for a few years, I have realised that I am interested in both the PVE but mostly into the RP/lore aspects of the game. Therefore, having done a research on the best scale I could, I reached on the conclusion that the most brilliant and touching subject in the lore, in my opinion, are the Old Gods.

By saying that, I would like to start a subject regarding how this subjects can be applied to classes or could be in the future. In addition to that, lore and RP suggestions are welcome and I'd be glad to hear out speculations on how the Old Gods could be presented in the future content of the game.

A poll has been added for you to choose a class that you feel is close to the subject from your perspective.
    I am reading the question as "Which classes would be the easiest, and therefore most likely, to be corrupted by the Old Gods?" Is this correct?

Assuming it is: Druids because of the Emerald Nightmare, and Death Knights because of Saronite and possible direct corruption of the New Lich King by being surrounded by it.