Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    But you still didn't really answer the question.

What were you expecting if not a new raid with new gear set, balancing changes, nerfs to dated content and bug fixes?

I might could see it not meeting some innate self perceived expectations if you were a PVP person only but thats about it.
    It's not about what I expected from this patch but the overall content delivery since launch, I mostly PvP when play but even if I was a pure PvE player I'd still say 5 new bosses isn't much to cheer for, especially not when looking at it from the larger perspective. And no the other 4 bosses isn't new content, other developers don't get to count same content with other difficulty settings as additional content nor should BW.

Aylssa, I can't tell if you are trolling or not, but if you aren't keep in mind that they are planning to release new content every six weeks, so I wouldn't expect huge amounts of new stuff every time. You will get your new WZ soon, and then something else soon after that, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    Aylssa, I can't tell if you are trolling or not, but if you aren't keep in mind that they are planning to release new content every six weeks, so I wouldn't expect huge amounts of new stuff every time. You will get your new WZ soon, and then something else soon after that, etc.
    Planning, Soon™, On the horizon and so on means nothing, they have promised so much and failed to deliver before, prime examples being the most awesome dual spec with wardrobe swap and the whole shebang that was supposed to be in 1.2 at the latest and rated warzones where art thou. If they manage to deliver every 6 weeks but only release small patches like this they will still be really low on the content delivery scale, about Blizzard rate if you where to spread their content out in a similar way.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    It's not about what I expected from this patch but the overall content delivery since launch, I mostly PvP when play but even if I was a pure PvE player I'd still say 5 new bosses isn't much to cheer for, especially not when looking at it from the larger perspective. And no the other 4 bosses isn't new content, other developers don't get to count same content with other difficulty settings as additional content nor should BW.
    The 5 boss raid isn't a bad patch, but it has taken longer than it should have. I blame the F2P stuff and the retooling therefor. The actual content of this patch doesn't really factor in to your "overall content delivery" model though, I think, because it's just another blip. Going forward we can hope, but that doesn't mean we need to worry too much about this patch.

And keep in mind, since at the moment I don't raid, the only thing this patch offers me is some gear tweaks. (I guess I have to go gear up my offhand stuff now.)

The 4 nightmare bosses in EC drop same item level loot and are part of the same set as the new HM TFB bosses. They have said that they have made nightmare EC by looking at HM strategies and making it so those strats no longer work and you will have to develop new ones. So yes it counts as 9 new bosses.

I like the ability to sell items back to vendors or trade BOP items for 2hours. I have bought the wrong items so many time as I'm usually not concentrating when buying items and get the wrong set eg Eliminator set instead of Combat Tech for my PT.

Honestly, the hypergate thing just makes me think of "Garth Marenghi's Dark Place" episode 1 (Part 1, Part 2)
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Jalek View Post
    The 4 nightmare bosses in EC drop same item level loot and are part of the same set as the new HM TFB bosses. They have said that they have made nightmare EC by looking at HM strategies and making it so those strats no longer work and you will have to develop new ones. So yes it counts as 9 new bosses.
    Still same old bosses, same old instance, same old everything besides some different abilities, hence not new.

If you think otherwise I'll be sure to remember that when comparing to WoW and count their boss encounters as separate content for each difficulty, Blizzards content will grow exponentially making BW's content delivery look even worse in comparison, just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    i am sad soooo very sad at how easy mode this game has become. it was eays mode already but MAN those nerfs to EC will make it a sleepwalk to complete

although i am VERY happy to see that I can go to a GF FP and finally be returned to planet not fleet. i will finally use it more regularly
    Its an old raid and not the highest lvl one. This will let ppl that havent been in there or are stuck on parts advance through it. The ppl that have if on farm will move on to the new ops.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Well... after clearing TFB on Story, I can say that this is DEFINITELY fun. Going into Hardmode tomorrow so I'll let ya know if its more challenging than in comparison to EC. Judging by the current mechanics I'm willing to bet its going to be pretty difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    Still same old bosses, same old instance, same old everything besides some different abilities, hence not new.

If you think otherwise I'll be sure to remember that when comparing to WoW and count their boss encounters as separate content for each difficulty, Blizzards content will grow exponentially making BW's content delivery look even worse in comparison, just sayin'.
    1.4 gives you 4 different difficultys. EC NM, TFB story and TFB HM. There is no more then in any wow patch. And on the wy you like to make comparissons: they warm up how many in the last time? Ragnaros, two zandalari instances - its even worse.

I'm thrilling to have two (semi-)new ops where my comp have to make new strategies.

@ forsedar, gibe us a stream

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know about streaming just yet We're aiming for World Firsts so we don't want to give away our strats! I may start streaming once we get our ranking in place.

I am happy they are finally adding the "hide companion headpiece" thing(also the color coordinate companion gear).

Quote Originally Posted by Keren View Post
    1.4 gives you 4 different difficultys. EC NM, TFB story and TFB HM. There is no more then in any wow patch. And on the wy you like to make comparissons: they warm up how many in the last time? Ragnaros, two zandalari instances - its even worse.
    Lets see, EC NM, TFB story and TFB HM, last time I checked that 3, and that gives us 14 bosses, just to make a comparison to DS that with your way counting content would have 24 bosses, you also can't complain about Raggy ZG/ZA at all after taking a defensive position regarding EC NM as being new content. And no I wouldn't have called ZG/ZA new content, Raggy is borderline as it's a new instance and a whole new encounter, at the very least it was cheesy.

Lets just make it easy and call new stuff new and old stuff old, this patch delivers one new raid with five new bosses, nothing more, nothing less.

I wasnt aware the new warzone was not aimed for 1.4. thats a pretty big downer for me, as I am not that active at raiding right now, I only cleared the story mode denove twice. I hope at least hk-51 will make it and that 1.5 will come soon with ancient hypergate and x-realm warzones.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am actually pleased with the patch notes. Some QOL stuff I didn't know they would actually ever get around to, like the companion armor or returning to where you came from in the group finder. Definitely makes it a lot easier to play the game. I got suckered into renewing my sub because my guild needed me for HM Kephess last night, but it was fun so it will be worth it. I just hope 1.4 hits sooner rather than later or else the glamour will quickly fade.

I didn't see it in the patch notes but was able to tell last night that my Jedi Knight no longer had a huge ass.

Clearly he has had some liposuction.

Quote Originally Posted by moff View Post
    where is the new warzone?
    Forget that, where the hell is HK-51!?
    There were around 7,000 Greeks in total at the Battle of Thermopylae.
    Not just the Spartans and a few inept imbeciles to play clean up.
    Friends don't let friends listen to Zach Snyder/

Quote Originally Posted by Nakaya_Kilrogg View Post
    Forget that, where the hell is HK-51!?
    Im here!

Oh wait.

You meant the other guy...
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Im here!
    Stop posting on the forums and get in my game. Meatbags everywhere need you.

Deleted
    Hey guys! This is a fast guide for the first boss in the new operation. I post it here to help those that want to try it in the PTS. I hope it's helpful

Last edited by mmoc1ae3a36840; 2012-09-17 at 11:19 PM.