Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    This is the problem with WoW addicts. You take a break from WoW, go play another game, end up missing WoW, and then go ahead and slag off the new game for not being up to par.

NEWS FLASH: WoW has not changed since you got bored of it last time. Ask yourself, why did you stop playing then? What would change now if you went back and played? You might get a week or twos enjoyment out of it catching up to everyone else on the loot train, getting your ilvl back up to scratch, woo-fucking-hoo.

You can't tell me there's "tactics" in WoW raiding. Unless you are a part of the few world-first guilds, where you actually have to figure it out for yourself, all you are doing is following strats written on the internet, following visual cues spoon fed to you by DBM, and following a 1 2 3 4 rotation (if that) that you learned from Elitist Jerks. Guild Wars 2 has a lot more depth than that shit and it's only two weeks in.

You're addicted to WoW, it's as simple as that. You can't break away from the habit.

Quote Originally Posted by moistau View Post
    This is the problem with WoW addicts. You take a break from WoW, go play another game, end up missing WoW, and then go ahead and slag off the new game for not being up to par.

NEWS FLASH: WoW has not changed since you got bored of it last time. Ask yourself, why did you stop playing then? What would change now if you went back and played? You might get a week or twos enjoyment out of it catching up to everyone else on the loot train, getting your ilvl back up to scratch, woo-fucking-hoo.

You can't tell me there's "tactics" in WoW raiding. Unless you are a part of the few world-first guilds, where you actually have to figure it out for yourself, all you are doing is following strats written on the internet, following visual cues spoon fed to you by DBM, and following a 1 2 3 4 rotation (if that) that you learned from Elitist Jerks. Guild Wars 2 has a lot more depth than that shit and it's only two weeks in.

You're addicted to WoW, it's as simple as that. You can't break away from the habit.
    This is just not true. Guild Wars 2 will get guides for every boss, it's only a matter of time. You do not need to read Elitist Jerks or use DBM to succeed in WoW, if you think they are crutches then do not use them.

I personally took a break from WoW because it was time to take a break from WoW, I've taken many over the years. I'm very excited about MoP however. It provides an even greater array of options. Want something easy and to relax? Run a LFD 5 man or LFR. Want something hard and to push yourself, run a challenge mode or a hard mode raid boss or even just pvp.

I've done most of the dungeons in GW2 and the tactics can be boiled down to this: spam your damage abilities as fast as you can until the enemy targets you, then run around until he targets someone else and rinse and repeat. Very few bosses have shown any deviation from this strategy. It's certainly not a more challenging game than WoW.

If I was so addicted to WoW, then how come I was able to successfully stop playing in December until now?

Edit: I will admit that GW2 really, really made me want to play WoW again for the first time in ages. It brought back memories and I'm constantly saying "man, WoW really was a great game, too bad this game doesn't do things as well"
    Last edited by LuminousAether; 2012-09-11 at 01:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Mounts, I'm still not convinced that no mounts is a good thing. At least in WvW. Those zones are so big that it can take longer than I would like to get around. More gear variety at lower levels would be nice too. More money from WvW and some sort of auto-loot thing. If we are getting hammered my repair costs start adding up and I often don't notice those little bags appearing next to my feet. Other than that? I'm good.
    They may release later or better sell in the gem store lol $$$

Not problems but more like a wish list:

1. I'd definitely like some more emotes.
    2. Less instancing would be much better, I'm sick of the popup screen telling me I'm in a queue, etc.
    3. Bigger server populations. Drivinity's reach is always empty and several zones in the world. I really like it crowded and would like to see more people running, farming, crafting, etc.
    4. Dueling.
    5. Target, target of target, focus.
    6. Healers. I like healing, I'm not enjoying dps without a dps meter.
    7. DPS meter.

The one thing I can easily agree on is the part about MoP. In the end, GW2 served as nothing more but another MMO in a long line of MMOs that remind players just how good of a game WoW is.

I ordered MoP. Will probably play for a couple of months after release at the very least. Thanks arenanet -_-.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninaran View Post
    So one-liners like this tell the story.

Great storytelling right here. But meh, the gameplay is more important (no sarcasm, I mean it).
    Personaly, I don't really care about story that much. To me is all about gameplay. Im playing a game, not reading a book.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    In other words, your problem with GW2 is that you don't like most of their design choices. That's fine. You can't please everybody.
    His problem with GW2 is that it is GW2 and now WoW 2... That is like buying Dark Souls and complaining about it being hard ... srsly

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    This is nothing more than a pathetic attempt at a personal attack, and only weakens your position.
    I saw absolutely nothing insulting or aggressive about his comment and I have no idea who you could interpret that as a personal "attack". The chap simply points out that you take any criticism (even constructive) as negativity and that you seem to have no constructive criticism of your own. Nothing is perfect, and even those who like the game know that. I think people are just frustrated that you don't seem to recognize that. I'm glad there's someone on the forum who can point out the bright side of the game when there's a bunch of negative QQ floating around dragging it down, but if that person also can't look at actual problems objectively, they end up sounding like a commercial.

On another note, Guild Wars 2 is only a couple weeks old. Bugs will get squashed, systems with get polished and streamlined, servers will stablize, and things will get updated and added. Just because there is no paid subscription doesn't mean they won't do these things.
    Last edited by thewallofsleep; 2012-09-11 at 12:12 PM. Reason: spell fail

I've had an undecided opinion on the personal story quest. I thought it was all a little cheesy, it was too easy in my opinion and the story made no sense half the time. And of course, Zhaitan, the main "boss" did a Deathwing all the way through the story. We saw him once. When we killed him. And it reminded me so much of Dragon Soul, right down to the fact that in the last dungeon, Arah, we jumped on gunships and did a couple of bosses before killing Zhaitan for good. This was a terrible instance, and I really expected ArenaNet to come up with something better. We had absolutely zero combat with Zhaitan, in fact, he gets shot by a laser cannon in a cutscene twice and then we finish him off while he's cowering like a little girl with cannons on a gunship. To say that it was a disappointment is an understatement.
    Excuse me, but do I understand this correctly? The best game in the universe, that innovates everything, has as the final boss a DRAGON, which is killed SHOOTING A LASER FROM A SHIP? Are you serious or just trolling?

Mounts killed wow world pvp.
    I keep see this stupid statement everywhere, but guess what, you're wrong. World PvP was killed by the lack of any incentive for world PvP. I've spent a good chunk of time in WoW as a fresh rogue during the release of the Firelands dailies, and what's the best way to learn you're class? Right, fight. So I would attack those questing there, no mounts to kill the PvP, right, guess what? Most of them hated it. You can see when someone enjoys fighting or not, even if they don't relog on an alt to wish you cancer, like many actually did. And I was a badly geared rogue, after I got the Cata gear I used to kill people in Tol Barad, again, they were hating me, and the PvP and that's not world PvP, it's annoyance. So I just stopped, and now I only PvP when I'm attacked and I never log an alt to wish them cancer irl

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waltzinblack View Post

I think it's cool in PvE but in PvP it can suck a dick.
    quoted for posterity

Deleted
    Spoilers inside.Secondly, every little feature that has been hyped up is hyped up way too much. "OH MY GOD UNDERWATER COMBAT" yes, it's stale and boring and it's the same old shit. "OH MY GOD SKILLS THAT CHANGE DEPENDING ON WHAT WEAPON YOU'RE USING?!?!?!" seriously, this one's bad. I have to choose what weapon to use based on what skills I want, and I can't mix and match. I have to put up with shit skills for other good skills because we can't change them. "OH MY GOD ALL CLASSES CAN HEAL" yeah. on a 20-40 second cooldown depending on what class you play and what healing ability you choose.
    Gonna go ahead and agree with you. It's really not all that big of a deal. Underwater combat is simply the same combat as on the ground except you're 'flying' now. Woop.dee.doo.

Because of the 30 second heal thing that I've talked about already it's basically who can do the most damage first. There's a serious lack of control abilities for most classes.
    Completely agree, the whole "everyone has a heal, there are no healers in this game" approach is kind of a bummer half the time. Also, the control abilities are there, they just happen to be grouped into a subset of all professions.

Oh, have I mentioned the downed state. I really feel like this doesn't have any place in PvP at all.
    With you on this one, in SPVP it is ridiculously boring and annoying. What's even more annoying is that warriors get to stand up and fuck up some people while I (guardian) basically get to smile and watch banners impale my lower extremities. Thieves get to port every X seconds as well. So some of us get a useful downed state and some get crap ones. Yay!

Of course, it's not much fun because it's just 100 people zerging their way through everything, at 1 fps on even a high end PC.
    Are.you.reading.my.mind?

When I first saw the Mists of Pandaria expansion, I thought, what a joke. There's no way I'm playing something that fucking pathetic, but here I am, and I'm buying MoP. What I thought was the salvation I was looking for when it came to MMORPGs, all it has done is driven me closer to something that I would have rather given up entirely.
    Just did the same, although I'm really enjoying the SPVP in spite of its problems. It feels too much like League of Legends to me to hate it. The PvE can lick my chin for a while (I'll circle back to it) though, and the WvW has been nothing but Warhammer Online clone with worse fps.

You can't tell me there's "tactics" in WoW raiding. Unless you are a part of the few world-first guilds, where you actually have to figure it out for yourself, all you are doing is following strats written on the internet, following visual cues spoon fed to you by DBM, and following a 1 2 3 4 rotation (if that) that you learned from Elitist Jerks..
    Yeah well I can tell you that this is false. It may not be false for everyone, but the guild I've been in, as well as other guilds I communicate with, as well as my personal friends all avoid spoilers in raids.

I really wish that people would not seem to get so upset that other people like WoW. Can't you just let them like the game they want?

I personally like and play both GW2 and WoW.

Sure. But I wouldn't call it addiction. If a guy is addicted to one drug, and tries another drug, he's still fucking addicted to the first drug. No matter if the other drug is better in his opinion or not. And I thought that GW2 would be better than WoW. I was certain. And it was a bigger disappointment than patch 3.2. That's not addiction, that's favouring the better game.

Well, I like hard content. I love shared experiences, mainly defeating a raid boss after hours on end of wipes, I like the progression. In fact, I think it's great that people need to put effort into things before they're handed loot on a plate. Don't give me that "badge gear" shit. 397<410 lol i can do maths - my group of regular players on GW2 destroyed all explorable modes we did, what kind of progression is that? I have no motivation for that.