Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    Dreadlord Ecstatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Between the sacred silence and sleep
    Posts
    863

    Bad Implemented Features

    Greetings.
    After 200hours playtime. I came to the conclusion that there are some bad implemented features on the game.
    While most are not gamebreaking, they can be a major annoyance to the gaming experience and I feel like sharing them with you.

    The way dungeon instances work, is just stupid.
    More than half the time I try to enter dungeon with my group, it fails, and half group either can't go in, or goes in into seperate instances.
    Dungeon Cutscenes. Noticed this on CoF Story mode. Only one of the whole party was watching cutscenes in the dungeon.
    This clearly destroyed the lore behind the dungeon, and while not gamebreaking one, it was a really unpleasand thing.

    Farming at 80.
    There's dungeon farming. You either need to try to get a group to "speed"run an explorable mode dungeon, but you need like 10+ runs to get a single item from the specific dungeon. Dungeons do not share rewards, each one has it's own token system.
    There's karma farming: Some cool sets at 80, cost 42k karma a piece. You get 300-400 for an event. That is about 100 events, for a single piece of equipment.
    The sheer amount of farming needed to get a single upgrade is huge. Not sure why it is like that, but it is. You either need to use karma boosters to get the stuff you want early. Or get a guild that focuses on pve to speed clear them. Otherwise, enjoy the month long farming.

    "Battleground" type BGs.
    Aka Hot-Join PvP. This is an 8v8 match. It's chaotic. It should be there, but there also should be a 5v5 (heck even an 1v1) option.
    Learning your class in PvP is no easy when 99% of the time in Hot-Join you get group zerged, and going to tournaments as a nab, isn't a smart thing to do.
    Also, Hot-Joining with your friend on a match, most of the time seperates you on next match, or even not allows you to be on same team from start.
    Forcing friends to play against each other, instead of together when they want to.

    Paid Tournament is gone, and hasn't been seen since.

    Chatting in PvP.
    You shouldn't be able to chat with enemy team in sPvP or Hot-Join PvP, with neither /say, nor /map Chat.
    It's a major annoyance to see League of Legends kids spam the "GGeasyFags" garbage they say or reading every slur an idiot has to post when he thinks he's cool when he seems like a major douche. Chatting outside team, guild, or party chat should be disabled while in sPvP or Hot-Join PvP.


    Class Balance changes reports are nowhere to be seen.
    The game is being updated regularly, yet there isn't a single report stating class balance changes.

    Those features, which are bad implemented, are bugging me, and I am sure others too. Although, I still think the game was a worthy purchase, they have to be fixed.
    Currently playing: |FFXIV: A Realm Reborn| |Everquest Next: Landmark| |Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft|

  2. #2
    Old God Arrowstormen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    10,600
    Stop making new threads about what you don't like, go to the negative opinion thread thing.
    Being critical is a burden which some people loves to bear.

  3. #3
    I am Murloc! SirRobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Counciltucky
    Posts
    5,955
    Wait... 200 hours? I've been playing the crap out of this game since the first day of headstart and I'm only up to around 110. Yikes, your eyes must be killing you from staring at the monitor that long.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

  4. #4
    Also, Hot-Joining with your friend on a match, most of the time seperates you on next match, or even not allows you to be on same team from start.
    Forcing friends to play against each other, instead of together when they want to.
    My friends and I actually liked this. It does it to balance teams, and we understand that. Nothing wrong with a little friendly competition imo.

  5. #5
    High Overlord Hoen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Washington State, GO HAWKS.
    Posts
    181
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazila View Post
    My friends and I actually liked this. It does it to balance teams, and we understand that. Nothing wrong with a little friendly competition imo.
    You're right, there is nothing wrong with friendly competition. However if you're grouped up for the sole reason of playing together as a TEAM you really shouldn't be split up.

  6. #6
    Dreadlord Ecstatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Between the sacred silence and sleep
    Posts
    863
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Wait... 200 hours? I've been playing the crap out of this game since the first day of headstart and I'm only up to around 110. Yikes, your eyes must be killing you from staring at the monitor that long.
    I'm quite behind than others on this. But yes, 200 hours. I'm a big fan of the game and I really like it, I just felt like listing the things bugging me here. My eyes are fine I've had longer sesions in this small amount of time with WoW.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Stop making new threads about what you don't like, go to the negative opinion thread thing.
    This hasn't anything to do with Negative Opinions. It's about bad implemented features in the game. It's not opinions. It's facts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tazila View Post
    My friends and I actually liked this. It does it to balance teams, and we understand that. Nothing wrong with a little friendly competition imo.
    We too, but then we tried to play together.... yeah, it's cool for the first few times, but then it gets annoying when you want to partner up and play.
    Currently playing: |FFXIV: A Realm Reborn| |Everquest Next: Landmark| |Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft|

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic View Post
    Greetings.
    Farming at 80.
    The "farming" in this game is virtually non-existant, much of the stuff you can "farm" for is simply not needed, it is merely cosmetic, unlike in othe rgames where you need to farm rep/gear over and over again at each level of dungeon, then farm PvP rep/ faction gear, etc to even compete in PvP (then die of boredom as you can faceroll undergeared players), then on top of that some games have other sorts of farming (Leg weapons in LOTRO, PA in Rift, etc)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic View Post
    Also, Hot-Joining with your friend on a match, most of the time seperates you on next match, or even not allows you to be on same team from start.
    Forcing friends to play against each other, instead of together when they want to.
    Play tPvP if you want to play with friends, we don't need another game that makes it super easy for pre-mades to roll pugs over and over. Though I do agree they should maybe offer a 5v5 option on ho-join as 8v8 favours offense (and burst) too much, so people wanting to practice say a point holding spec find it difficult because being zerged by 6 people is not much practice for tPvP.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic View Post
    Class Balance changes reports are nowhere to be seen.
    Then I suggest you look properly in future, for example - https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...8th-2012/first
    Last edited by zurgs; 2012-09-10 at 07:09 PM.

  8. #8
    I am Murloc! SirRobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Counciltucky
    Posts
    5,955
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic View Post
    I'm quite behind than others on this. But yes, 200 hours. I'm a big fan of the game and I really like it, I just felt like listing the things bugging me here. My eyes are fine I've had longer sesions in this small amount of time with WoW.
    You must be young or something. If I tried to play the game that much, my eyes would shrivel up and pop out of my skull. Even at 110 I am noticing eye strain kicking in.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

  9. #9
    First of all, I think you should post it on the official forums where the dev team can read it. Second, some of the issues you raised are supposed to be corrected (according to the patch notes) — such as the problems with the dungeons. Class balance changes are posted on the official forums since last week.

    Dungeon gear grinding seems to be an intended thing - there are much quicker ways to get exotic gear at lvl 80. Dungeon gear is more of a long-term goal. There was a post on gw2guru few days ago where the guy explains how he got his full exotic gear in a day or two.

  10. #10
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic View Post
    More than half the time I try to enter dungeon with my group, it fails, and half group either can't go in, or goes in into seperate instances.
    Known issue that they're working to fix.

    Dungeon Cutscenes. Noticed this on CoF Story mode. Only one of the whole party was watching cutscenes in the dungeon.
    This clearly destroyed the lore behind the dungeon, and while not gamebreaking one, it was a really unpleasand thing.
    Destroyed the lore by not forcing you to be exposed to it? If people are interested, they will watch. If they're not, or they've seen it before, they can skip it. You can skip the cinematics in WoW, too. It's a good thing that you're given the option.

    The sheer amount of farming needed to get a single upgrade is huge. Not sure why it is like that, but it is. You either need to use karma boosters to get the stuff you want early. Or get a guild that focuses on pve to speed clear them. Otherwise, enjoy the month long farming.
    Pretty standard as far as MMOs go, but at least this isn't a gear-driven MMO.

    "Battleground" type BGs.
    Aka Hot-Join PvP. This is an 8v8 match. It's chaotic. It should be there, but there also should be a 5v5 (heck even an 1v1) option.
    Learning your class in PvP is no easy when 99% of the time in Hot-Join you get group zerged, and going to tournaments as a nab, isn't a smart thing to do.
    Also, Hot-Joining with your friend on a match, most of the time seperates you on next match, or even not allows you to be on same team from start.
    Forcing friends to play against each other, instead of together when they want to.
    Definitely some concerns many share; hopefully we can get enough people asking for improvements in this area to get some changes brought in. ANet is pretty good about listening to customer concerns. Don't give up on the game because of such minor concerns, when it's fairly easy for them to make changes to correct these issues.

    Paid Tournament is gone, and hasn't been seen since.
    They're run by ANet, I thought. They're kinda busy doing other things atm!

    Chatting in PvP.
    You shouldn't be able to chat with enemy team in sPvP or Hot-Join PvP, with neither /say, nor /map Chat.
    It's a major annoyance to see League of Legends kids spam the "GGeasyFags" garbage they say or reading every slur an idiot has to post when he thinks he's cool when he seems like a major douche. Chatting outside team, guild, or party chat should be disabled while in sPvP or Hot-Join PvP.
    This is easy to fix. You can create your own chat window tab, or even edit the main one, specifically for pvp, so that you can only see /team chat, and not /say or /map. I like that the option is there, but you also have the option to disable it. Click the little arrow next to the chat input bar, and you'll see ways to set up your chat channels to your preferences.

    Class Balance changes reports are nowhere to be seen.
    The game is being updated regularly, yet there isn't a single report stating class balance changes.
    When the official forums are fully up and running, you'll probably see more of this, but I'm pretty sure it's being posted on Reddit right now. If MMO-Champion featured GW2 changes on the front page, you'd probably have noticed them.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-09-10 at 07:13 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

  11. #11
    Dreadlord Ecstatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Between the sacred silence and sleep
    Posts
    863
    Quote Originally Posted by zurgs View Post
    ~
    Thank you for the last link. Couldn't find it somehow O.O

    Okay for the other subject.
    The farming at 80: It's not as you say it is. When you reach 80 level, you're probably in greens and blues and maybe some yellows and a few lower level exotics.
    80 level gear IS stronger the higher the quality of the item is, up to EXOTIC level.
    What I am talking about is, you have to farm a big amount of time just to get your first set of exotics. Besides that yes, it's only optional to farm additional sets, but to get your first for max stats, it's not as easy as you make it sound so. The farming has to be done if you want capped stats.

    Tournament PvP is not as forgiving, and having 2-3 players only, a team might not be set for tournament. Some people just want to sit back and play PvP without being prone to harassment you can get in Tournament if the enemy team wins. And since you consider 2 people to be a premade, what makes you thing 2 people out of 8 can make any difference than the rest 6? or 5 if 3 people are premade. It just doesn't matter.
    Currently playing: |FFXIV: A Realm Reborn| |Everquest Next: Landmark| |Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft|

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic View Post

    This hasn't anything to do with Negative Opinions. It's about bad implemented features in the game. It's not opinions. It's facts.
    The dungeons bugs are a fact, the rest is negative opinions. I love pvp exactly how it is and hope they never change it. If you want to spvp with friends, join or start a tourney, no free faceroll cards here. If you just want to do some casual pvp together join wvw.

    I agree with you on the chat, but again that's opinion. Tbh sometimes when I'm bored I join spvp just to report offensive chat.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic View Post
    The way dungeon instances work, is just stupid.
    More than half the time I try to enter dungeon with my group, it fails, and half group either can't go in, or goes in into seperate instances.
    Have run about 8 dungeons, never experienced this problem ever. Also have even had one person stay in the dungeon on the last boss and went out and got 3 new people, they all were able to join the right dungeon at the last boss. Must be something you're doing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic View Post
    Dungeon Cutscenes. Noticed this on CoF Story mode. Only one of the whole party was watching cutscenes in the dungeon.
    This clearly destroyed the lore behind the dungeon, and while not gamebreaking one, it was a really unpleasand thing.
    Don't understand a complaint here? Are you saying you're annoyed that one person is watching the cutscene and you skipped it and now have to wait? Because I know if I skip a cutscene (already seen it) I have to wait until everyone is done before combat starts which is a good thing. It would be terrible if mobs started attacking while people are still watching.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic View Post
    Farming at 80.
    There's dungeon farming. You either need to try to get a group to "speed"run an explorable mode dungeon, but you need like 10+ runs to get a single item from the specific dungeon. Dungeons do not share rewards, each one has it's own token system.
    There's karma farming: Some cool sets at 80, cost 42k karma a piece. You get 300-400 for an event. That is about 100 events, for a single piece of equipment.
    The sheer amount of farming needed to get a single upgrade is huge. Not sure why it is like that, but it is. You either need to use karma boosters to get the stuff you want early. Or get a guild that focuses on pve to speed clear them. Otherwise, enjoy the month long farming.
    Because this is different than any other MMO how? You generally have to grind in WoW for months before you get all your pieces unless you're extremely lucky. At least with this you know for a fact you will get karma every time and you can CHOOSE what you want to buy and in what order instead of leaving it up to the RNG Gods. Seems like a good thing to me. Sounds like you want all your gear easily and then you'd likely complain that GW2 has no endgame and not enough content.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic View Post
    Chatting in PvP.
    You shouldn't be able to chat with enemy team in sPvP or Hot-Join PvP, with neither /say, nor /map Chat.
    It's a major annoyance to see League of Legends kids spam the "GGeasyFags" garbage they say or reading every slur an idiot has to post when he thinks he's cool when he seems like a major douche. Chatting outside team, guild, or party chat should be disabled while in sPvP or Hot-Join PvP.
    Report them and move on. Anet is very good about banning people for things like that unlike most MMOs who need to keep those people around since they give them money every month.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic View Post
    Class Balance changes reports are nowhere to be seen.
    The game is being updated regularly, yet there isn't a single report stating class balance changes.
    So you need the title to me: Balancing class X because it is too strong! I know lots of skills have been changed as of late, maybe you should read the patch notes and figure out how it affects things?

  14. #14
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic View Post
    What I am talking about is, you have to farm a big amount of time just to get your first set of exotics. Besides that yes, it's only optional to farm additional sets, but to get your first for max stats, it's not as easy as you make it sound so. The farming has to be done if you want capped stats.
    Don't worry so much about that. Once you cap those stats, you're going to feel like you have nothing "important" to do, as after that it's all min/maxing a specific stat allocation, and finding cosmetic sets that you like.

    If you're playing this game with the specific goal of stat upgrades, you're going to miss out on everything else.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

  15. #15
    Dreadlord Ecstatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Between the sacred silence and sleep
    Posts
    863
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Known issue that they're working to fix.
    Good..

    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Destroyed the lore by not forcing you to be exposed to it? If people are interested, they will watch. If they're not, or they've seen it before, they can skip it. You can skip the cinematics in WoW, too. It's a good thing that you're given the option.
    Not really, It exposed to me quite hard when Logan makes up with Rytlock, by hearing the dialog that took place after the cinematic I was unable to see.

    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Pretty standard as far as MMOs go, but at least this isn't a gear-driven MMO.
    Not gear-driven, but quite a lot of effort has to be put to get the starting 80 exotic gear.

    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Definitely some concerns many share; hopefully we can get enough people asking for improvements in this area to get some changes brought in. ANet is pretty good about listening to customer concerns. Don't give up on the game because of such minor concerns, when it's fairly easy for them to make changes to correct these issues.
    After some Asked questions in support page, I doubt if they can READ as well as you say they listen. :P

    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    They're run by ANet, I thought. They're kinda busy doing other things atm!
    They're run by ANet? Does that mean that they are open limited time only? I don't really get it.
    Nor the reason behind tournament tickets really. If they are so limited and special why even need tickets... Only VIP would join.

    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    This is easy to fix. You can create your own chat window tab, or even edit the main one, specifically for pvp, so that you can only see /team chat, and not /say or /map.
    So you actually hide it, I was unaware of that. But it still shouldn't be allowed in the first place imo. It only helps degrade a good made game. There's a reason it's turned off by default in League of Legends.


    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    When the official forums are fully up and running, you'll probably see more of this, but I'm pretty sure it's being posted on Reddit right now. If MMO-Champion featured GW2 changes on the front page, you'd probably have noticed them.
    Alright, got link from above poster.

    ---------- Post added 2012-09-10 at 07:20 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    The dungeons bugs are a fact, the rest is negative opinions. I love pvp exactly how it is and hope they never change it. If you want to spvp with friends, join or start a tourney, no free faceroll cards here. If you just want to do some casual pvp together join wvw.

    I agree with you on the chat, but again that's opinion. Tbh sometimes when I'm bored I join spvp just to report offensive chat.
    The dungeon bugs, the insane farming required, the shut down paid tournament, the Hot-Join issues. Yes all those are opinions right? ... /sigh
    sPvP sucks if you go with 2-3 people. You need a full 5man group to do something otherwise you're dead meat. I want to play hot-join with 1-2 friends and not be bothered about it. Not being forced to play tournament and unable to teamplay unless playing tournament...

    ---------- Post added 2012-09-10 at 07:23 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Don't worry so much about that. Once you cap those stats, you're going to feel like you have nothing "important" to do, as after that it's all min/maxing a specific stat allocation, and finding cosmetic sets that you like.

    If you're playing this game with the specific goal of stat upgrades, you're going to miss out on everything else.
    No worries, I have enjoyed my way to 80, 65% map explored and everything was a blast, but I still wear those crappy grennies and it bothers me.
    I feel like a baws outside Orr, and in Orr like a weakling... I just want to max them and be done with it, but it aint that easy from what I see.

    ---------- Post added 2012-09-10 at 07:30 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Have run about 8 dungeons, never experienced this problem ever. Also have even had one person stay in the dungeon on the last boss and went out and got 3 new people, they all were able to join the right dungeon at the last boss. Must be something you're doing.
    Well, I didn't do something wrong, it sometimes happen, sometimes it doesn't. I wasted an hour today trying to get into CM and into TA, worked on CoF though.

    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Don't understand a complaint here? Are you saying you're annoyed that one person is watching the cutscene and you skipped it and now have to wait? Because I know if I skip a cutscene (already seen it) I have to wait until everyone is done before combat starts which is a good thing. It would be terrible if mobs started attacking while people are still watching.
    No I did not skip anything. I was doing first time. No cutscene poped up. I missed story at all and 4 /5 people did in group. Only 1 person out of 5 was even able to see a cutscene. I just didn't see what happened, but know the result. It's not that cool when you get spoiled

    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Because this is different than any other MMO how? You generally have to grind in WoW for months before you get all your pieces unless you're extremely lucky. At least with this you know for a fact you will get karma every time and you can CHOOSE what you want to buy and in what order instead of leaving it up to the RNG Gods. Seems like a good thing to me. Sounds like you want all your gear easily and then you'd likely complain that GW2 has no endgame and not enough content.
    GW2 was build around the idea that grinding is optional but rewarding to those that did it, for cosmetic purposes. I just feel gimped and I am 80. I have to farm weeks or a whole month for a couple pieces, which I might not even like aethetically, just to have maxed stats and get rid of those crappy greens and blues.

    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Report them and move on. Anet is very good about banning people for things like that unlike most MMOs who need to keep those people around since they give them money every month.
    Yes they are. But the damage is done. If the community starts to turn into the crap league of legends community is nowadays, I would hate myself playing PvP. Chat should be disabled by default in PvP.


    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    So you need the title to me: Balancing class X because it is too strong! I know lots of skills have been changed as of late, maybe you should read the patch notes and figure out how it affects things?
    Thing is, I did read them, but nowhere did I see any specific skill changes. Thanks to a link above I found it, but till then it eluded me.

    ---------- Post added 2012-09-10 at 07:32 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    You must be young or something. If I tried to play the game that much, my eyes would shrivel up and pop out of my skull. Even at 110 I am noticing eye strain kicking in.
    I'm 23, and my eyes are just fine, and always have been, well if you exclude the obvious glasses. But I wore them since before I started the extended PC sesions.
    Last edited by Ecstatic; 2012-09-10 at 07:36 PM.
    Currently playing: |FFXIV: A Realm Reborn| |Everquest Next: Landmark| |Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft|

  16. #16
    I'm worried for you my friend, 200 hours is like 12-13 hours a day on the game for last 2+ weeks.

    Anyway, I believe ANet will eventually address those issues, it's been only 2 weeks since launched. Blizzard was still tackling server issues 1-2 months after launch before they started working on enhancements

  17. #17
    I don't know what you're doing, but I was able to craft my first full exotic set (excluding jewelry) about 2-3 days after hitting 80. That's basically no time at all.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Known issue that they're working to fix.
    Haven't they fixed the group issues already? I haven't run into any recently, was able to join a group as replacement and everything.

  19. #19
    Bloodsail Admiral Riavan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,032
    It is pretty gear driven, when you're getting your first set of exotic armors + weapons :P

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic View Post
    Greetings.
    After 200hours playtime. I came to the conclusion that there are some bad implemented features on the game.
    While most are not gamebreaking, they can be a major annoyance to the gaming experience and I feel like sharing them with you.

    ####1#### The way dungeon instances work, is just stupid.
    More than half the time I try to enter dungeon with my group, it fails, and half group either can't go in, or goes in into seperate instances.
    Dungeon Cutscenes. Noticed this on CoF Story mode. Only one of the whole party was watching cutscenes in the dungeon.
    This clearly destroyed the lore behind the dungeon, and while not gamebreaking one, it was a really unpleasand thing.

    #####2##### Farming at 80.
    There's dungeon farming. You either need to try to get a group to "speed"run an explorable mode dungeon, but you need like 10+ runs to get a single item from the specific dungeon. Dungeons do not share rewards, each one has it's own token system.
    There's karma farming: Some cool sets at 80, cost 42k karma a piece. You get 300-400 for an event. That is about 100 events, for a single piece of equipment.
    The sheer amount of farming needed to get a single upgrade is huge. Not sure why it is like that, but it is. You either need to use karma boosters to get the stuff you want early. Or get a guild that focuses on pve to speed clear them. Otherwise, enjoy the month long farming.

    #####3##### "Battleground" type BGs.
    Aka Hot-Join PvP. This is an 8v8 match. It's chaotic. It should be there, but there also should be a 5v5 (heck even an 1v1) option.
    Learning your class in PvP is no easy when 99% of the time in Hot-Join you get group zerged, and going to tournaments as a nab, isn't a smart thing to do.
    Also, Hot-Joining with your friend on a match, most of the time seperates you on next match, or even not allows you to be on same team from start.
    Forcing friends to play against each other, instead of together when they want to.

    #####4##### Paid Tournament is gone, and hasn't been seen since.

    ####5#### Chatting in PvP.
    You shouldn't be able to chat with enemy team in sPvP or Hot-Join PvP, with neither /say, nor /map Chat.
    It's a major annoyance to see League of Legends kids spam the "GGeasyFags" garbage they say or reading every slur an idiot has to post when he thinks he's cool when he seems like a major douche. Chatting outside team, guild, or party chat should be disabled while in sPvP or Hot-Join PvP.


    ####6#### Class Balance changes reports are nowhere to be seen.
    The game is being updated regularly, yet there isn't a single report stating class balance changes.

    Those features, which are bad implemented, are bugging me, and I am sure others too. Although, I still think the game was a worthy purchase, they have to be fixed.

    1) Agreed, it has issues which need fixing and ASAP.

    2) Wait an MMO that requires time and repetition to obtain the "best" items (and by "best" I obviously am referring to best cosmetically in your eyes since your really grinding for looks since its not like dungeon gear is any better then any other source of gear) that's unheard of, I mean who would think a MMO would have a time sink mechanic?... Oh wait that is exactly what a MMO is is a time sink. If your grinding x dungeon for x gear your doing it for one of two reasons, either because you think it looks the best for your toon or to show off how great you are at said dungeon. The reason each dungeon uses different tokens is so that the people doing the "balls to the walls difficult" dungeon can show that they mastered the hardest dungeon, people farming the easiest dungeon shouldn't be able to have the same look as the people doing the most challenging.

    3) I personally don't care much for the sPvP seen so I can not comment one way or the other on this.

    4) Umm ever think maybe because they are not going to run them until people have had more time to learn their classes and for skills to be balanced in accordance to what the top sPvP players feel need changed for competitions? To know if classes are balanced properly or not you need the competitive seen to give you input because those are the people that want true balance and not just "buff my class and nerf the rest"... once they figure out who the true competition scene is and get it working more balanced then you will see the "Paid for tournaments" with prize winnings come back into the shop, but for now its not in a state where they can truly offer a tournament that offers winnings yet.

    5) Again I don't do sPvP, but are you sure that the chat isn't just between matchs and once the match starts it becomes team only? If not then yes it needs fixed, but between matches during the "prep time" cross team talk is fine and most games have it so after a match you can either grats the winner, or complain how they where "using hacks", or what not... but yes during a match you should not be able to cross talk but prior and after is fine so long as there is atleast 1 channel that you can come up with strategies that the enemy team can not see.

    6) And again you can not really balance a game where most your input from your players is "buff my class nerf every one else", in a 1v1 classes are not suppose to be equal in every way other wise there is no distinction between classes and they become to homogenized, its in the 3v3, 5v5, 8v8 where classes need to be balanced, you won't get proper balancing input from players until you find out who is the competitive scene. Give it time they will start changing classes soon enough, but right now its to early to be screwing with it before the good majority of players know their classes well enough to be the most proficient they can be. Just because class X may be the easiest class to play right now and so is face rolling other classes doesn't mean its "OP", in fact it may actually be the weakest class, all it means is the people playing that easiest class may be proficient while the other classes that may actually be "OP" may just not know their class well enough to win yet.


    So all in all I see where most your complaints are coming from (minus the complaint of a MMO being a time sink to get the "best looking" gear in the eyes of the beholder, and the complaint that people should be able to farm the easiest of the dungeons to get the gear look of the hardest of the dungeons, since its purely cosmetic and a "look at how great I am at instance x" piece and not a tiered piece there is a good reason to have each dungeon use a unique token) but most of them as well are time sensitive in the fact that its a new MMO with a different combat style and so much harder to judge what is "OP" and what is people just not mastering their class and game mechanics yet.

    All in all seems like a fair list of complaints though some may not be just... for example they may be looking really hard into "class balancing" but don't want to jump the gun on making changes before they can filter out the players playing a class right and those who are not from the balancing data, since like I said just because class x may be the easiest to learn and is facerolling right now doesn't make it OP, it just means its the easiest to learn but may actually be the weakest class in the competitive levels of gaming.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •