Deleted

Farming this close to MoP

I may have thought about this a little too late, but I need to get lots of gold for MoP. I know that I can earn shitloads while leveling, selling the cloth/elementals/greens and stuff like that. But I want to save that stuff for skilling my own professions.

So I want advice on what things are good to farm so close upon a new expansion, what stuff that sells good at the auction house at the moment. For the record, I'm playing at an high populated server.

Any advice is welcome!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bokhyllan View Post
    I know that I can earn shitloads while leveling, selling the cloth/elementals/greens and stuff like that. But I want to save that stuff for skilling my own professions.
    !
    You have to understand that saving those stuff to skillup isn't free. Opportunity cost, look it up. What I'm saying is that if you are desperate for money, you may want to sell the stuffs for the first few weeks instead of using them to skillup. Use them for yourself when AH prices have dropped a little.

Of course, if you need to raid and thus need your professions maxed ASAP, this wouldn't work.

Do the levelling anyway. The cash you earn from the 80-85 quests alone will definitely get you started, especially if you do it with multiple characters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Corylyn View Post
    You have to understand that saving those stuff to skillup isn't free. Opportunity cost, look it up.
    Really did not think it throught that much, but since the professions on my main for MoP is Inscription and Enchanting i will earn shitloads for just disenchanting all BoP greens/blues from quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Do the levelling anyway. The cash you earn from the 80-85 quests alone will definitely get you started, especially if you do it with multiple characters.
    Just leveled 3 characters from 1 to 85 the last 3 weeks so i don't feel like leveling another one. And I only earned like ~15k total since I bought 280% flying on all of them.
    Last edited by mmocd6b4ce20bd; 2012-09-10 at 04:54 AM.

Ah yes, well, I don't tend to buy artisan flying on my alts unless it's absolutely necessary, which I don't believe it is for random questing. ^^

Deleted
    So uhhh.... How much gold do you actually have now? o_O

The daily cap is removed, you can do daily quests for a buttload of gold. And why do you need it immediately? I'm sure the quests in MoP will give you more than enough gold to level anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Corylyn View Post
    You have to understand that saving those stuff to skillup isn't free. Opportunity cost, look it up. What I'm saying is that if you are desperate for money, you may want to sell the stuffs for the first few weeks instead of using them to skillup. Use them for yourself when AH prices have dropped a little.

Of course, if you need to raid and thus need your professions maxed ASAP, this wouldn't work.
    But if prices are due to go up then your opportunity cost is acceptable. Selling at a low price now and buying back to level his professions in MoP when the prices will spike is foolish.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Volta View Post
    So uhhh.... How much gold do you actually have now? o_O

The daily cap is removed, you can do daily quests for a buttload of gold. And why do you need it immediately? I'm sure the quests in MoP will give you more than enough gold to level anything.
    I have ~25k.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    But if prices are due to go up then your opportunity cost is acceptable. Selling at a low price now and buying back to level his professions in MoP when the prices will spike is foolish.
    I have all professions except from BS, LW and Skinning at 525 so no need for materials from Cataclysm or lower.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bokhyllan View Post
    I may have thought about this a little too late, but I need to get lots of gold for MoP. I know that I can earn shitloads while leveling, selling the cloth/elementals/greens and stuff like that. But I want to save that stuff for skilling my own professions.

Any advice is welcome!
    You should sell everything you get, wait a few weeks and then skill up your professions when they cost nothing on the AH.
    Its worth it, trust me

If you arent in a hardcore raiding guild there is no hurry to skill up professions, i would wait a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by internetheroxD View Post
    You should sell everything you get, wait a few weeks and then skill up your professions when they cost nothing on the AH.
    Its worth it, trust me

If you arent in a hardcore raiding guild there is no hurry to skill up professions, i would wait a few weeks.
    Don't do it at the start of an expansion tho... Prices for all Mats sky rocket because of so many people leveling new toons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Well, I'm assuming (and was confirmed by) that his professions are 525, and I was talking about selling at the start of Mists, not now. Then, maybe a few weeks after Mists has launched, buy (or collect mats) for own skillup.

Not sure what proffessions your have at your disposal, but if you don't need to level immediately for raiding purposes and such I'd farm herbs and ore and sell it the first couple weeks of MoP. Prices are usually ridiculously high the first few weeks of an expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try to farm some low lvl leather transmog sets. (for monks)

They will sell like cookies on a day that expansion hits (no1 wants their panda too look lame).
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    The way I make gold each expansion is just farm ore/herb/cloth - the prices are always ridiculous in the first 2 weeks.

I am still farming and will be until MoP just to get as much gold as possible. Although the prices are different on each server so it's hard to say what to farm exactly because what might be high priced and a gold seller on my server may be different on yours but generally I made most of my money just farming cloths

Deleted
    I'm thinking about just farming the first couple of hours of MoP since the starting zones in Pandaria will be flooded with people fighting over quest-mobs and items. I have a druid with both herbalism and mining.