Deleted

124GB SSD, Win or games on it?

1 simple question:
    I just got myself a 124Gb SSD and am wondering what would be better to install on it; Win7, or Games like BF3 and WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Both .10chars.

I use my SSD for windows and whatever game I'm focusing on at the time. The rest goes on the normal hard drive. It seems to really speed up loading times and windows boots so fast it's crazy.

You can easily fit all three of them on there? So do that, i believe WoW is 30gigs and Windows is around 20. Thats leaves you 74 gigs for BF3 and i know its not that many.

10+ Year Old Account
    Both, but try not to install any other space hungry programs on it.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Loading your OS on an ssd usually sees the most performance increase. That said, there are some factors . . . the speed of your sata ports, how fast your non-ssd hd setup is, etc.

Deleted
    for games, all you get is faster load screens..

i personally am a bit of a nerd, so i got 2 ssds.
    one for windows (the fastest one) and my older ssd, for the games i play the most (Sc2, WoW among others - NOT steam, too many games :P)

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You should easily fit all of the items on, I have a 124GB SSD which has Windows 7, WoW (19GB after Patch Shrunk it), and pretty much all my programs but Steam and Steam Games due to my determination to install all the games. But I still have around 25GB space, and the PC is up and running fast enough.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Deleted
    install Both.

Everything you use more than once per week.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Everything you use more than once per week.
    I find zero reason to have any games restricted by countdowns or anytype of everyones ready sequence i.e FPS games, on my ssd. It seems like omg cool but only BF3 has instant start and a longer loading time than say mw3. Standing still waiting for a 15second countdown after a 15+ second wait for "waiting for other players" hardly seems worth the space on an SSD.