Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I want them to finish and expand the damn lore they started -.-'

Everyone realizes there is new lore for Warlocks right? Right? With the badass warlocks that got into the major raids? Right?

I really want to know where the rest of the Black Harvest are hiding.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

Isn't that kind of obvious? They all went off and died to forum trolls.

10+ Year Old Account
    What do our demons do when we are not walking around with them in Azeroth or Outland or wherever?

Are our imps passed out drunk in back alleys of Nether? are our Voidwalkers baking Voidcookies for their Voidchildren? Do our Succubi have girlfriends they are not telling us about? Do our Felguards take our Felhunters for walkies in the Felpark?

Quote Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
    Isn't that kind of obvious? They all went off and died to forum trolls.
    I don't like the sound of that. I hope these Trolls aren't discouraging you?

If "warlockism" its frowed apon by Humans but still a band of them rebel and keep it underground, why Draeneis cant do the same?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    If "warlockism" its frowed apon by Humans but still a band of them rebel and keep it underground, why Draeneis cant do the same?
    Draenei have a much MUCH bigger stick up their butt about warlocks. A human warlock will be spit on; a Draenei warlock will be drawn and quarted and then burned and then the ashes will be exorcised and then banished to another dimension.

walkies in the Felpark

^this

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    I'll answer that.

They can, these are called Man'ari Eredar.

Draenei have a huge bond with the light, the naaru and the elements.
    They also have an equally huge stigma towards the use of Fel Magic.

It is because the Draenei themselves we know, those who currently reside on Azeroth, were given the choice of embracing it and willingly refused it.

What you're looking for might come when it's time to duke it out with Sargeras, for now, it seems pointless for them to have seconds thoughts on that when they could have remained in Argus and thrive.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
    What burning questions have you had about your class from a lore perspective that you've always been dying to know?
    Going to agree with a few others here and say that the biggest lore question I have is: Why are warlocks accepted as "heroes"? Who changed the (particularly from an alliance point of view) overwhelming view that warlocks are inherantly untrustworthy and must be killed on sight to a more moderate "Well, they're not all paladins, but at least they don't eat children anymore... We can work with that."?

Let me explain a little further.

The horde has always had warlocks. It was once a highly feared/respected profession. It make sense, lore-wise, that (from the horde point of view) some of those warlocks are still respected or feared enough that the horde will treat its current warlocks with a healthy dose of respect and/or fear. Who provided this respect (I can't really see it working if it was fear) on the Alliance side, such that the Alliance accepts warlocks as valid heroes? The Alliance has had many, many issues with (horde) warlocks in the past. Even if they're currently "hidden" in stormwind / ironforge the fact that we're not being ousted with torches and pitchforks means that at some point in the past, a warlock did something to start changing this perception.

Who was this / how did it happen?
    Last edited by Tyanisse; 2012-09-13 at 06:55 AM.

they don't respect us, they fear us, remember the last time a warlock was "pissed"? he opened the dark portal... and before that? he corrupted an entire race

Kneel before us, or die by our magic!1!

gul'dan, mediv, sargeras, archimonde
    all big warlocks got 1 in common, they ROCK

so my question is why can't a choose there side. i wana help build a new dark portal :<
    jeah i wanted to build a deathstar in starwars and i kinda wana help the orcs in lord of the rings, don't know why just do

I want Gul'dan as a Warlock trainer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    I want Gul'dan as a Warlock trainer.
    even I wouldn't trust gul'dan as my mentor, (shudder).

I want to know what some of the current demon species in the legion were like before they became demons (assuming that like Satyrs and Manari Eredar that they were not always demons perse but became demons through fel taint). What were Nathrezim and Pitlords and Obvservers etc. like before they were inducted into the legion?

That's a great question.

I suspect its different answers for each race...

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there any more background to the Warlocks outside of the Trial of the Crusade arena, other than that they're seeking some kind of respect in the wider world?

And why do we never see Alliance Warlocks in the battlefield, even though the Lore is there for them and every other class is represented at some point?

Jessicka - that's a great question. Love it.

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So what prompted this thread in the first place? Genuine curiosity or should we read more into it...?

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there some sort of top secret, unspoken Warlock Dalaran somewhere in the world? Or, you know... not necessarily even in this particular world?

10+ Year Old Account
    obviously whatever the council of six daggers is calling itself these days has it's only agenda, (as does each individual member of the council) but are they planning something that will have an effect on the course the War between the Alliance and the Horde?