Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    It's actually quite the opposite; Kael'thas gave Rommath very specific instructions to hide just how involved they and the magisters/warlocks were in fel magic, since he was worried the general populace would turn on him if they knew exactly what he was up to. I assume that's why the warlocks get a rather secluded sanctum, and only bring their demons out a) in cutthroat alley and b) after dark.

The crystals themselves are a plot hole. The very first BE quest says they've always been there. >.<
    Well Kael didn't do a very good job at hiding it or it's plot holes as you say, he also put up statues of himself all over the place: complete with floating orbs of fel energy.

Nature of Warlock's spells. Any differences between warlock's spells and demon's

Does the Warlock "class" have a seat of power(so to speak) where warlocks can come and go as they please, or something similar? would be cool if we had something like the Mages in Dalaran.

Im not big on lore, but i have been playing since Vanilla, and have not seen any obvious place where Warlocks would gather to practice their art in peace or discover more of their own power through mentoring etc. What i mean is something similar to the Starting Area of DK's, but for warlocks, have not seen that anywhere or anything similar.

Why can't I drain mana anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Humungo View Post
    Why can't I drain mana anymore?
    this is a good question. why can priests burn mana and we don't?

Quote Originally Posted by Zharradan View Post
    lore wise you can gameplay wise they changed it cause of balance issue

dont confuse gameplay and lore
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Quote Originally Posted by Zharradan View Post
    Actually, they can't any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    lore wise you can gameplay wise they changed it cause of balance issue

dont confuse gameplay and lore
    but gameplay changes have to be supported by lore.. how you simple forget how to do something?

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Do the 'friendly' Warlock NPCs in the game (and perhaps players too) belong to any specific covens or organizations, or are they all pretty much independant? I seem to remember something about stormwind's warlocks being in a coven called "The Black Claw"?

Also, not totally lore related but can we get a Warlock faction at some point?

Does Gul'dan's spirit still exist somewhere, or is he 100% dead? Where is his skull at the moment, now that Illidan is dead?
    His skull is in my bag. no im serious, i got it from ill when my guild killed him.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    what happend to gul'dan at the tomb of sargeras?
    that is so funny cause when i saw the thread title on the list, this was the first thing that popped into my head. I just wanna see a cinematic of it.

---------- Post added 2012-09-24 at 09:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    obviously whatever the council of six daggers is calling itself these days has it's only agenda, (as does each individual member of the council) but are they planning something that will have an effect on the course the War between the Alliance and the Horde?
    I believe its something far worse. If you havnt since cata released, start a draenei and listen to what the narrator says. It tells of Velens dark prophecy hinting at a return of the legion. Then, near the end of cata, blizz released another short story about Velen and Anduin and Velen is having more and more visions of the legion. Now, you have this, the lock council obviously knows the legion is a nearing threat.

Just watch, before the end of this expac, we will at the very least hear some unsettling news about the legion.

Personally, I would LOVE a secret society of warlocks, patiently waiting and building their power, inviting only the greatest warlocks of any given time (that mean the player, after a long series of quest).

They would have strict rules and motivations. And a secret lair that can only be found at the end of the quest.

Oh, and their leader would be called Zgukkraps (/fanboy)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shauni View Post
    Personally, I would LOVE a secret society of warlocks, patiently waiting and building their power, inviting only the greatest warlocks of any given time (that mean the player, after a long series of quest).

They would have strict rules and motivations. And a secret lair that can only be found at the end of the quest.

Oh, and their leader would be called Zgukkraps (/fanboy)
    I don't think secret societies are at all relevant to the background of player characters fighting alongside their faction's military. In Tides of War they're deployed for both factions alongside regular troops under the command of regular unit commanders. In the initial defense of the assault on Theramore, they're set out with Mages and Hunters, and in the retaliatory fleet assault, they Rain of Fire and Imp Swarm the Horde ships, while a Felguard calls out Garrosh himself on Varian's ship. On top of that, they use their Eyes of Kilrogg to see past the fog put upon them by the Horde Shaman. Horde Warlocks too are used on the frontline, in both the attack on Northwatch and Theramore.

That's why I asked earlier why we just don't see that in the game. Warlocks are an open and important resource to both factions' militarys, so there just isn't a need for them to remain hidden or underground.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I don't think secret societies are at all relevant to the background of player characters fighting alongside their faction's military. In Tides of War they're deployed for both factions alongside regular troops under the command of regular unit commanders. In the initial defense of the assault on Theramore, they're set out with Mages and Hunters, and in the retaliatory fleet assault, they Rain of Fire and Imp Swarm the Horde ships, while a Felguard calls out Garrosh himself on Varian's ship. On top of that, they use their Eyes of Kilrogg to see past the fog put upon them by the Horde Shaman. Horde Warlocks too are used on the frontline, in both the attack on Northwatch and Theramore.

That's why I asked earlier why we just don't see that in the game. Warlocks are an open and important resource to both factions' militarys, so there just isn't a need for them to remain hidden or underground.
    those warlocks are just playing along, i am sure we have something bigger up our sleeve

I think it's safe to say that not all Warlocks are members of the Alliance or Horde military... in fact there would be very few that are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I think it's safe to say that not all Warlocks are members of the Alliance or Horde military... in fact there would be very few that are.
    That's not the impression the books gives. Even so, if they are mercenary/"sub-contracted", that doesn't exactly scream of Secret Coven™ or conspiracy involvement. Those are really cool things to get involved with in an RPG as an enemy, but to try to involve a player as a part of is much more difficult, especially in the long term if there's no continued involvement - something I think unlikely given the necessary rotation of 'class love'.

Can the Sha be a part of the warlock lore? I am perfectly curious about it.

No. That was going to be part of the Warlock story arc in Pandaria. This part of the quest was not done and never will be, but one of the final Black Council trials was going to be to attempt to assimilate and master the Sha. It was going to fail horribly, with Zelfrax becoming even more twisted than he already was.

The nature of Warlock power is that it comes from chaos and instability - Sha is dark, cold and reflective. Warlocks control their magical power by paying a price - either through their blood (life tap), the suffering of others (affliction), their own internal rage (demonology) or by absolutely obliterating everything their magic touches (destruction).

Sha power cannot be converted, bargained with or bribed. It is a kind of one-sided loathing that wholly devours those who lack the inner counterbalance to handle it. Warlocks cannot wield it, as there's no way for them to 'cheat' the price away.

[FYI This statement may no longer be considered canon]

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Can the Sha be a part of the warlock lore? I am perfectly curious about it.
    that's kind of a yes, kind of a no. the objective of all warlocks is to get more power. if using the sha will give you more power, than you use it. that pretty much explains the warlock t14.

bet on orc warlock enemy mobs wearing t14 and shooting sha bolts in the siege of orgrimmar.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

I guess that's why our T14 is Sha-themed.

That's a shame, it would have been great if the Sha were involved, even if things didn't work out for us. Something about teaching us limits to our power.

Btw Xelnath since you're here can I ask if Zelfrax is in any way related to that demon/gargoyle thing with the same name in Dustwallow Marsh (http://www.wowhead.com/npc=23864), or is it just a coincidence?
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2013-01-01 at 12:23 AM.

And why do we never see Alliance Warlocks in the battlefield, even though the Lore is there for them and every other class is represented at some point?
    well, if you do the horde domination point scenario, you'll see a few elite ironforge warlocks charging on their felsteeds against the horde.

EDIT: the bitches use green fire spells lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.