Simulcraft Ret DPS. - Hand of Light

I've been taking a look at a few simlulation DPS charts and I don't see Hand of Light anywhere. Currently Hand of Light is my top 2 most damaging contributing ability only behind Templar's Verdict.

Reading the Mastery tooltip, Hand of Light increases the Holy Damage of most of our melee abilities by 34% + any additional mastery. Could it be that Hand of Light isn't being taking into consideration on those charts?

The only place you won't find HoL on SC is under the DPET chart. It's definitely in both the Damage Sources chart and Abilities breakdown.

Not sure where you are looking.

http://simulationcraft.org/504/Raid_...tribution_T13H

hand_of_light 7634 16.9% 188.9 (dps/dps%/count)

This is weird, though:

# gear_expertise_rating=665
    # gear_hit_rating=775
    # gear_crit_rating=2004
    # gear_haste_rating=1308
    # gear_mastery_rating=1313

I think you're just looking right over it on SimC, 'cause I'm seeing it just fine. It won't show on the DPET chart, since you never "execute" HoL, it just occurs naturally, but look at the pie chart for damage sources and the abilities table below that.

What I find curious about that, is that the sim is using Mass Exorcism as one of the glyphs and we don't yet have access to the herbs to make that glyph - is that maybe skewing Exo's damage?
    Last edited by Grognard; 2012-09-10 at 10:57 PM.
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

No, it isn't actually using the Mass Exo aoe. Just single target. Someone else keeps remaking that profile and getting the reforging messed up. I'll fix it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Balhale View Post
    No, it isn't actually using the Mass Exo aoe. Just single target.
    Could the Mass Exo glyph still be skewing things since it prevents Exo being used at range? On pull, I tend to fire Judgment for speed and then hit Exo while still outside melee range.
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

It's there for sure, just take a look at the most recent update you will find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard View Post
    Could the Mass Exo glyph still be skewing things since it prevents Exo being used at range? On pull, I tend to fire Judgment for speed and then hit Exo while still outside melee range.
    SimC doesn't model running in for the pull. It just starts you off at melee range of the boss.