May not be a 1.11.

Saw this on Rift Facebook -

RIFT 1.10: Calm Before the Storm heralds a major milestone as the last major update of RIFT's original release - it is all that stands between you and Storm Legion!

Here's what arrives this week:
    - Cross-Faction Gameplay, everything from groups to guilds!
    - New Seasonal World Event "Autumn Harvest" with our old friend Atrophinius.
    - Instant Adventure: Scarwood Reach

Everyone can get in on the action as we invite anyone who owns RIFT to play for FREE all weekend long starting Friday, September 14th. Tell your friends & let the festivities begin!

Read all about Update 1.10 - http://www.riftgame.com/en/game/upda...fore-storm.php
    Now... does this mean no 1.11 or is 1.11 going to be part of SL?

Edit: Never-mind... probably means 1.11 will not be a major patch... but soul reworks would be major...

Hmm.

Edit2: My thread titles are so misleading, if a Mod sees this, could they change it?
    Last edited by Padwarle; 2012-09-10 at 10:59 PM.

I think it's really a semantics game - 1.11 will be the patch that adds the SL content, including the systems/class changes, though it will probably be out at least a week before SL actually launches, they are probably counting it as being part of SL, rather than of the 'original release'.

Edit: Under Blizzard's patch numbering system, 1.11 would probably be called 2.0, Trion just chose to call it 1.11.
    Last edited by gonterf; 2012-09-10 at 11:07 PM.

1.10 introduces the next world event which the dates are shown below. My guess is this leads directly into the next world event 1.11

There is an area coming some time in 1.11 as a prelude to Storm Legion. It is not a raid. It is not death themed

~Daglar
    1.11 is the preparation patch for 2.0

Major changes like, soul tree changes, combat formula tweaks, and a variety of other things go live. It will give people a chance to adjust to the changes, and get set up for the release of Storm Legion, which will not be far behind.

~Daglar

P.S. Plane Touched Wilds is not on our list of things to ever release at this point in time. There are far more exciting places to go in Telara, and beyond.
    My guess is the area is the new dungeon for those who pre-ordered. I could be wrong. But, yeah, as was said earlier, this patch is SL preparation.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    My guess is the area is the new dungeon for those who pre-ordered. I could be wrong. But, yeah, as was said earlier, this patch is SL preparation.
    1.11 is really really confusing. We get access to 1 out of the 7 new dungeons (Empyrean Core my guess). No level cap, but all the new souls. New area, but not Brevane or Dusken.

I also got a theory wtf PTW is. My total guess is that is a area located on live servers to real time test until live server conditions different parts of the expansion. Like setup a new building with a moving part and see how it reacts on a live server to make sure it moves correctly with lag created by players.

Some of the curvature of PTW looks a shit ton like that new city from the photos that Slipmat uploaded. PTW is basically a pts test server located on live servers I think

10+ Year Old Account
    No idea where the notion of there been possible no 1.11 happening?

It will basically be Storm Legion without the 50-60 level increase or access to the new zones

It will have a new World Event rolling right after the Autumn Harvest one tomorrow onwards, so enjoy the calm before the storm

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post

It will basically be Storm Legion without the 50-60 level increase or access to the new zones

It will have a new World Event rolling right after the Autumn Harvest one tomorrow onwards, so enjoy the calm before the storm
    Soooo the Army of Crucia is massing!

I'm stupid, thats where it came from. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    1.11 is really really confusing. We get access to 1 out of the 7 new dungeons (Empyrean Core my guess). No level cap, but all the new souls. New area, but not Brevane or Dusken.
    Seems almost exactly like a pre-expansion WoW patch (for comparison) but with a bit more content provided for us.

10+ Year Old Account
    The pre-launch early access Dungeon will be 'Exodus of the Storm Queen', hopefully telling the story, maybe showing some cutscenes of how Crucia escaped from under the ice at IPP

Deleted
    The pre-launch early access Dungeon will be 'Exodus of the Storm Queen', hopefully telling the story, maybe showing some cutscenes of how Crucia escaped from under the ice at IPP
    Yea, It shows her escaping on the latest SL trailer although knowing you Slip you already know this :P

Interesting bit of dialogue I noticed when rummaging round the PTS one NPC's near the barracade at the chancel of labours said something indicating that she was never trapped at all and it was all part of her evil plan to... Take over the Cosmos :O

I get this Abyssal Precipice feeling to it. That instance was always very cool to run.

1.11 Patch Notes are going to be SOOOOOO long, probably take half an hour or more to read them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    1.11 Patch Notes are going to be SOOOOOO long, probably take half an hour or more to read them.
    They tweeted that just the complete soul changes are 60 pages in length alone I'm sure much of it will be trivial but still.

Daglar mentioned it
    There is an area coming some time in 1.11 as a prelude to Storm Legion. It is not a raid. It is not death themed

~Daglar
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ml#post3941897
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ml#post3941732

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    They tweeted that just the complete soul changes are 60 pages in length alone I'm sure much of it will be trivial but still.
    I heard 58 pages a few days back, maybe they changed more stuff. I'd imagine most of it is very relevant, word on the street is some of the souls have essentially had all of their abilities replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Daglar mentioned it

~Daglar
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ml#post3941897
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ml#post3941732
    I'm fairly certain they mean the new 5-man dungeon, Exodus of the Storm Queen, that people who preorder Storm Legion will have access to. I haven't heard any other likely suggestions.

1.11 is the pre-expansion patch more than anything.