Thread: About Tauren...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    The Lightbringer leaks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    I don't even know anymore.
    Posts
    3,447
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    Actually now we know for a fact they are doing new animations because they said the Pandaren look so amazing it's not doing them justice to be next to them. This means our new models will be having facial expressions and more life like animations. With new increased plus and textures they are going to look amazing.
    Yes that was my point. They also said they don't want them to look "different" just better. The thing they have repeatedly used as their reasoning for being careful about this is that they want to improve the animations and poly count without changing the personality or look of the character. They are not (as the OP seems to want) going to change the whole personality and feel of the race.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

  2. #42
    I hope we will see new Tauren, Orc, and all other races look more like they suppose to, with new models and animations Blizzard is working on
    my PSN ID - Kobold_Rider

  3. #43
    Fluffy Kitten Lokann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Trapped in Rykha's basement
    Posts
    12,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    I actually don't like the more "aware" look of Tauren. In World of Warcraft they added pupils to the eyes of them, while in WC3 they had bright (but not glowing) eyes comparable to Night Elves (or Death Knights). I strongly preferred the WC3 look.
    Orcs had blank white eyes, but in the lore they had pupils (Lord of the Clans came out before WC3, for example). The first known piece of (what is specifically stated to be) tauren concept art depicts them with pupils.

    Please do not mix up game mechanic decisions and lore/intended design.



  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Yes that was my point. They also said they don't want them to look "different" just better. The thing they have repeatedly used as their reasoning for being careful about this is that they want to improve the animations and poly count without changing the personality or look of the character. They are not (as the OP seems to want) going to change the whole personality and feel of the race.
    They don't need to.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Yes that was my point. They also said they don't want them to look "different" just better. The thing they have repeatedly used as their reasoning for being careful about this is that they want to improve the animations and poly count without changing the personality or look of the character. They are not (as the OP seems to want) going to change the whole personality and feel of the race.
    They don't need.

    Because Tirion says so...


    Aggra confirms..
    Last edited by Trollhamaren; 2012-09-13 at 05:52 AM.

  6. #46
    Warchief TheDangerZone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Burt Reynolds' stache
    Posts
    2,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollhamaren View Post
    They don't need.

    Because Tirion says so...


    Aggra confirms..
    Basically with Thrall and Aggra's cinematic model you know how orcs would look like already, and its beautiful. Same goes with humans with Tyrion's CM and Jaina

  7. #47
    The Lightbringer leaks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    I don't even know anymore.
    Posts
    3,447
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollhamaren View Post
    They don't need.

    Because Tirion says so...


    Aggra confirms..
    I'm not sure if you're agreeing with me or not but the Tirion up there is the perfect example of how they can change them without losing the original look. Aggra however is a perfect example of what should not happen. If they did that to my character I'd be upset, she doesn't even look like the same race as the original model and has a totally different feel and personality to her face.
    Last edited by leaks; 2012-09-13 at 09:36 AM.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

  8. #48
    Scarab Lord snuzzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Moonglade
    Posts
    4,548
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    I'm not sure if you're agreeing with me or not but the Tirion up there is the perfect example of how they can change them without losing the original look. Aggra however is a perfect example of what should not happen. If they did that to my character I'd be upset, she doesn't even look like the same race as the original model and has a totally different feel and personality to her face.
    Thoroughly agree. Original Aggra had the "pretty but fierce" orc female face. Her brow is thick and heavy, her mouth turns slightly downward. Remastered Aggra has a peaceful, calm face. Her brow is almost nonexistant. Her mouth is neutral.

    It would, however, be a pretty good remake of this face:
    Some noses just don't belong on some faces! #SaveTheSnoots!

    Exhibit AExhibit BOfficial MMO-C Feedback PostOfficial Beta Feedback Post

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    This has been bothering me for at least 8 years now... but I never really strongly spoke out about it.

    See how Taurens were depicted in Warcraft 3:





    I'm pretty annoyed that in World of Warcraft they made Taurens look like small fat cows instead... The entire savage native american vibe is completely missing.



    ...

    Night Elves the same story, even their lore got butchered pretty much. No longer this savage matriarchal society very closely in touch with nature and animals, with some moon/night magic mysticism thrown in. Much more depicted as every other average elf society in WoW now.
    theres actually one choice of faces on the character custom options that looks really similar to that one

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    This ^

    Honestly op, you think you have it bad with tauren? Look at orcs ingame compared to concept art, orcs all hunch over like peons from WC3, they look terrible in most armors as a result. Also humans, from the bold, strong stance standing concept art, ingame like look like retarded he-man doll action figures.

    Tauren as far as it goes has it pretty sweet compared to other races.
    No! have you looked at Tauren recently! :P we're just as fugly model wise as the rest of them!

    I love Tauren but cannot bring my self to be one until its bloody fixed via new models. If we get Orc models similar to Garrys one thats a great start, then we can get some great new models for the Taurens!

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post

    Why do the characters have to have perfectly defined steroid abuser muscles that are constantly strained in order to not look fat? Do you know what fat actually looks like?
    Quoted for truth. If one is honest, they aren't even fat or chubby. Just look at them naked :P

    Personally I am absolutely satisfied with the looks of Tauren. No steroid abusing "monsters" and a friendly not frenzy face expression.

  12. #52
    I don't care about the native american vibe. I want my bullman to be half a ton of muscle, clad in iron, swinging a monsterous two-hander. In WoW they aren't perfectly implemented, at least not for hero-NPCs, like I think Baine should be bigger and have a runespear or totem (Please, can we get totems soon, Blizz?). I'm looking forward to the model remake also, but I guess taurens are one of the last races to get any attention.
    Mother pus bucket!

  13. #53
    I fully agree with OP, actually I had the exact same thought when I saw Baine in the SOO cinematic.

  14. #54
    The Patient Skur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    206
    I always wanted to see Cairne looking as awesome as he did in WC3, ever since they started to remake the models of important leaders/characters... But then he died.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    I don't care about the native american vibe. I want my bullman to be half a ton of muscle, clad in iron, swinging a monsterous two-hander. In WoW they aren't perfectly implemented, at least not for hero-NPCs, like I think Baine should be bigger and have a runespear or totem (Please, can we get totems soon, Blizz?). I'm looking forward to the model remake also, but I guess taurens are one of the last races to get any attention.
    Have you seen what Baine is supposed to look like?



    His in-game model doesn't do him justice at all.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Skur View Post
    I always wanted to see Cairne looking as awesome as he did in WC3, ever since they started to remake the models of important leaders/characters... But then he died.
    Quite a few of the leaders still need a unique model. Some of them are just high res versions of the race (Lor'themar, the gnome dude, etc), but there are others like Baine who doesn't have any semblance of a unique model.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •