My wishlist for Hunter PvP

EDIT: Tosan (multi glad Hunter) just posted his own thoughts over on the official forums. Check it out http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6522503708

I was originally going to post this in the other thread but I took a long time to refine and explain my suggestions so I thought I'd start with a clean slate.

I’m going to brainstorm some changes and why I think they are needed.

NOTE: I am not trying to “dethrone” BM. I realise many people enjoy it. I don’t. I just want to be able to pick the spec I like without gimping myself. I still think BM will be the best spec, but it should be close enough that you can pick whichever play style you prefer.

I think these changes would make MM viable:

• Chim heal at least 5%, remove the glyph or make it do something interesting

WHY: 3% is just pretty pathetic and doesn't come any where close to the amount of healing BM gets. In a nearly 2 minute duel against a Ret I fired 9 Chims, for 27% of my health total, or 38k health. This is less than a single spirit mend.

• Master marksman (instant aimed shot) procs from 100% 5 steady shots, instead of 50% 3 steady shots

WHY: People have wanted this change for ages. RNG sucks where it isn’t required. What is the reasoning behind 3 shots at 50%?

• Chim damage slightly increased

WHY: Yes, Chim probably hit too hard during Cata. But right now it’s just pathetic. It’s nearly better to just arcane shot instead. A slight damage increase is warranted.

• Concussive barrage (the 4 second daze from chim shot) limits the targets speed to 50% (the old concussive glyph basically)

WHY: !@#$%^- do I miss that glyph. Do you know how fast a feral druid can run with concussive on him? 83%. O, that’s assuming it wasn’t dodged. This change would bring the glyph back in a more balanced form. Applying it only when you Chim (not multi shot) it would only last 4 seconds on a 9 second cooldown so it wouldn’t be 100% uptime like the old glyph. Marks just really needs a decent kiting tool. Survival has entrapment and low CD traps. BM has a lot higher survivalbility and a stun. Marks gets rolled over a bit...

For Survival I think the following are fair enough:

• Black arrow and explosive trap no longer share a cooldown

WHY: This just seems like a huge oversight. Survival is the spec that revolves around traps yet it is basically blocked from using this amazing utility glyph because it shares a CD with a main damaging spell? Makes no sense.

• Dispelling black arrow triggers the LnL effect
    WHY: A lot of other classes lost their DoT protection because of the new 8 second CD on dispels. Black Arrow however has a 22 second CD, a large focus cost and is important for the LnL procs. At least if it gets dispelled now you get a LnL proc. Make it still on the 10 second timer so if you recently proc’d one from a frost trap you wouldn’t get it from the dispel.

• Black ice glyph (50% ms through ice trap) removed, added as Survival passive

WHY: A lot of people really want to try this glyph, but they know they won’t be able to spare room for it. It just feels like a survival oriented ability. Maybe nerf it down to 20-30% if it was to become passive.

And general quality of life changes that I'd like to see for ALL specs:

• Scatter shot undodgeable. Do the same for blind and other similar smells imo. It's simply too RNG and ruins the game. Keep the RNG on damage, but not on long cooldown CC for christs sake.

• Tranq shot reduced to 10 focus. Nothing major, just spending 20% of your resource pool AND a global CD to dispel ONE buff is a pretty big investment especially given the RNG nature of offensive dispels.

I don't think these changes are over the top, and I still think BM would be the better spec. But I think all 3 specs would be close enough that anyone could play their preferred play style.
    Please let me know your thoughts whether you agree or disagree and vote the post (I cross posted to the official forums) up if you think Blizzard should see it. I think these changes would fix a lot of the issues Surv/MM have and put all 3 specs close enough so that everyone is happy
    Last edited by Dorfie; 2012-09-10 at 11:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post
    EDIT: Tosan (multi glad Hunter) just posted his own thoughts over on the official forums. Check it out http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6522503708

I was originally going to post this in the other thread but I took a long time to refine and explain my suggestions so I thought I'd start with a clean slate.

I’m going to brainstorm some changes and why I think they are needed.

NOTE: I am not trying to “dethrone” BM. I realise many people enjoy it. I don’t. I just want to be able to pick the spec I like without gimping myself. I still think BM will be the best spec, but it should be close enough that you can pick whichever play style you prefer.

I think these changes would make MM viable:

• Chim heal at least 5%, remove the glyph or make it do something interesting

WHY: 3% is just pretty pathetic and doesn't come any where close to the amount of healing BM gets. In a nearly 2 minute duel against a Ret I fired 9 Chims, for 27% of my health total, or 38k health. This is less than a single spirit mend.

• Master marksman (instant aimed shot) procs from 100% 5 steady shots, instead of 50% 3 steady shots

WHY: People have wanted this change for ages. RNG sucks where it isn’t required. What is the reasoning behind 3 shots at 50%?

• Chim damage slightly increased

WHY: Yes, Chim probably hit too hard during Cata. But right now it’s just pathetic. It’s nearly better to just arcane shot instead. A slight damage increase is warranted.

• Concussive barrage (the 4 second daze from chim shot) limits the targets speed to 50% (the old concussive glyph basically)

WHY: !@#$%^- do I miss that glyph. Do you know how fast a feral druid can run with concussive on him? 83%. O, that’s assuming it wasn’t dodged. This change would bring the glyph back in a more balanced form. Applying it only when you Chim (not multi shot) it would only last 4 seconds on a 9 second cooldown so it wouldn’t be 100% uptime like the old glyph. Marks just really needs a decent kiting tool. Survival has entrapment and low CD traps. BM has a lot higher survivalbility and a stun. Marks gets rolled over a bit...

For Survival I think the following are fair enough:

• Black arrow and explosive trap no longer share a cooldown

WHY: This just seems like a huge oversight. Survival is the spec that revolves around traps yet it is basically blocked from using this amazing utility glyph because it shares a CD with a main damaging spell? Makes no sense.

• Dispelling black arrow triggers the LnL effect
    WHY: A lot of other classes lost their DoT protection because of the new 8 second CD on dispels. Black Arrow however has a 22 second CD, a large focus cost and is important for the LnL procs. At least if it gets dispelled now you get a LnL proc. Make it still on the 10 second timer so if you recently proc’d one from a frost trap you wouldn’t get it from the dispel.

• Black ice glyph (50% ms through ice trap) removed, added as Survival passive

WHY: A lot of people really want to try this glyph, but they know they won’t be able to spare room for it. It just feels like a survival oriented ability. Maybe nerf it down to 20-30% if it was to become passive.

And general quality of life changes that I'd like to see for ALL specs:

• Scatter shot undodgeable. Do the same for blind and other similar smells imo. It's simply too RNG and ruins the game. Keep the RNG on damage, but not on long cooldown CC for christs sake.

• Tranq shot reduced to 10 focus. Nothing major, just spending 20% of your resource pool AND a global CD to dispel ONE buff is a pretty big investment especially given the RNG nature of offensive dispels.

I don't think these changes are over the top, and I still think BM would be the better spec. But I think all 3 specs would be close enough that anyone could play their preferred play style.
    Please let me know your thoughts whether you agree or disagree and vote the post (I cross posted to the official forums) up if you think Blizzard should see it. I think these changes would fix a lot of the issues Surv/MM have and put all 3 specs close enough so that everyone is happy
    Black arrow and explosive trap not on the same CD would amount to a very big problem in pve. Seeing how SV will most likely be forced to use both on fights that would let them (more so for the LnL procs than the damage). It just adds a clunky mechanic that isn't really necessary. Chimera shot also has a 9 sec cooldown which would mean you should have gotten off about 13 on paper with a 2 minute duration. Not sure what made you lose 36 seconds of the duel.

I agree with you and wish mm was more competitive with pvp this patch, I don't like having all my damage come from my pet.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Black arrow and explosive trap not on the same CD would amount to a very big problem in pve. Seeing how SV will most likely be forced to use both on fights that would let them (more so for the LnL procs than the damage). It just adds a clunky mechanic that isn't really necessary. Chimera shot also has a 9 sec cooldown which would mean you should have gotten off about 13 on paper with a 2 minute duration. Not sure what made you lose 36 seconds of the duel.

I agree with you and wish mm was more competitive with pvp this patch, I don't like having all my damage come from my pet.
    the BA -ExpT issue in pve is actually very simply solved, as suggested in that twitter as well:

unlink BA from a Glyphed Explosive Trap. In other words: let the glyph do the unlinking!

No pve abuse possible whatsoever, and no need to re-calculte SV raid dps for using both the trap and BA.
    Besides the dev's been clear about this one thing: they do NOT want any trap usage in single target fights for dps.

Personally I would unlink freezing from Ice too as SV, the internal cooldown on LnL allows this to have no damage consequence either. Or at least not a major one
    It would make SV a hell of a lot stronger in pvp because of the immense kiting possibilities.