Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Been seeing everyone talking about prot dps while solo and I'm like huh??

I just soloed Patchwerk to see if I could get this insane damage via vengeance and I barely got above 3k vengeance. I didn't even pop any kind of survival cooldowns, it was all dps cooldowns. Was wearing half tank and half dps gear as well to try and get hit more but still nothing. I think I ended the fight at only like 17k dps or something low as hell. I must be doing something wrong or is it the fact that I'm just to well geared, but I've been seeing other tanks in the same gear level as me doing 60k+ on patchwerk style fights.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Bryce/advanced

If you're not taking enough damage to require heals you're definitely not taking enough damage to get any significant amount of vengeance.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I realize that. I tried wearing dps gear, half dps half tank gear and the only place I actually take enough damage to do the insane damage is in heroic raids and we only do those twice a week now since everythings on farm . I wished I could do it in old content solo lols.

And I only have heroic gear for tank and dps at this point excluding the few pieces that won't drop for me so I'm just meh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by galook View Post
    I realize that. I tried wearing dps gear, half dps half tank gear and the only place I actually take enough damage to do the insane damage is in heroic raids and we only do those twice a week now since everythings on farm . I wished I could do it in old content solo lols.

And I only have heroic gear for tank and dps at this point excluding the few pieces that won't drop for me so I'm just meh.
    You're either soloing too easy content or not finding ways to increase your damage intake. Patchwerk just doesn't hit at all, so you don't get any vengeance. :P On LK, for example, I kept the Raging Spirits up to bump my vengeance up to the 30k mark. For the last few days I've been soloing Omnotron, and I can tell you, it really does hit hard enough to give you a lot of vengeance.

on this video (warrior) http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...almost-60k-dps he's doing 25man patchwerk and getting 60k.
    the huge damage difference gives you much more vengeance

Try doing it on 25, you may see a difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Edit: Wrong forum
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins