Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuuh View Post
    mana regeneration by 400%?? Oh dear..we the mages will rule the world
    Perhaps to make also arcane a viable spec for this moment. Because as Fire, it is almost impossible to get under 98% with the current patch.

Thanks for nerfing warlocks... why don't you just get rid of warlocks blizzard....

Quote Originally Posted by Nohara View Post
    Perhaps to make also arcane a viable spec for this moment. Because as Fire, it is almost impossible to get under 98% with the current patch.
    It's the same with frost as well

so I have no idea why they need to buff mana regen anymore.

as it stands they should remove mana bars for mages because it's an unlimited resource.

Quote Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
    You said it yourself, most of this stuff is 90 balance.
    Blizzard uses the time from patch 5.0 till MoP release as testing, the balance for 85 is the least of their worries. It sucks, but the month pre patch is always horribly and amazingly unbalanced.
    I remember when Boomkins got their cata talents back in wotlk. Spamming Sunfire gave me 16k dps with no skill required.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy92286 View Post
    Well that sucks. I thought it was supposed to be two weeks before? Ah well. Another week til Theramore then another week til MoP? I can wait.
    You do remember what happen on Sept 11th right?....blizzard already has a bunch of hate coming at them for this CRZ from players...you really think they would start up the Theramore event on that date of Sept 11th and risk tons more negative feedback....along with possible hit on the stock prices?

Quote Originally Posted by gabrilaertes View Post
    Did we really already need a warlock nerf? -.- it's always the same, than why not nerfing warriors insane aoe dps? and of course we always need a mage buff. To power up already OP mages is always a good idea -.-.. unbelievable.

You should be used to it by now, through times, theres barely been a patcs where Warlocks haven't been nerfed.
    Suppose it's still some grudge they hold since back in the days.

First WSG I entered after 5.0.4, ally 4 mages & 2 warriors where spawncamping all hordes, while the rest ran back & forth with flag.

Oh well, I still love my warlock, and it will always be my main.

15+ Year Old Account
    Chain Lightning nerf when I was expecting a buff to it. I'm shocked.

Lets hold the bitching for a while. A pre-expansion patch releases and everyone bitches about who is either OP or nerfed. Blizzard doesnt release a new expansion that increases the level cap, yet worry about how balanced things are going to be at the previous level cap. Level to 90 and see how balanced things are, which is their main focus, before you all get your panties in a bundle.

Yes I know at 90 people will still bitch about their class for some reason, which leads me to ask myself why I am even typing this...must just be out of pure boredom at work.

The funny thing is, you are all bitching about nothing. These are already implemented, tooltips are just being updated.

How much of this is tooltip fixes and how much is actual changes?

I'm sure u all will be elites before its all said and done.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingercrab View Post
    I hope this enables Theramore.
    Meh, who cares, it's a scenario, prob take 15 mins than move on, could release it the night before MoP released. I'm more disappointed that they really don't have anything else planned. At this point I guess it can only get better.

Deleted
    these are all tooltip changes. they are already in game. stop crying over nothing!

Actually the hunter changes are new. Not just tooltip changes. Not sure about the rest of the changes though.

Deleted
    Wtb ele sham dmg increase...

These new talent trees reduced all our spells dmg severly

That 400% mage buff has to be a tooltip adjustment. I play arcane and if it really is a buff of that magnitude it'll be insane. I drop a bit on mana at 6 stacks of Arcane Blast (80-85%) but it fills up after clearing stacks. Buffing it that much will let me do mind-blowing damage spamming AB.

Most of this patch is tooltip updates, guys. These changes were mostly already hotfixed to the live servers.

---------- Post added 2012-09-11 at 09:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MoonTurky View Post
    Wtb ele sham dmg increase...

These new talent trees reduced all our spells dmg severly
    Except most of those passive talents that boosted your damage, were baked into your spec as passives?

The game is not balanced around 85 anymore. Spend a few weeks at 90, and then make judgement. And use your actual experience to base it on, not simcraft results (which are a tool, not the balancing benchmark).
    Last edited by ZeroEdgeir; 2012-09-11 at 01:39 PM.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Deleted
    Well I don't think I bitched, and normally when they are just updating the tool tips it says that they are just tool tip updates. Maybe I missed where it says tooltip updates.

Again my issues is about the fact they are reducing hunters/pet dps yet seem to be upping warriors dps as a tank. Unless there is some mad scaling issues with warriors on the way to 90 decrease.. while other classes increase.. ya know it seems odd to my eyes. I've been around since tbc came along and I don't think that's something I've come across.

@Blind, its generally why I type on any wow related forum.. boredom at work. Then I get home and see 612 replies from people who can't understand what I typed and then I facepalm as to why I bothered :P

Jesus they already had these systems in place, just updated the tooltip text. So your damage won't change. Bunch of whiney babies.

Quote Originally Posted by Nag View Post
    Well I don't think I bitched, and normally when they are just updating the tool tips it says that they are just tool tip updates. Maybe I missed where it says tooltip updates.

Again my issues is about the fact they are reducing hunters/pet dps yet seem to be upping warriors dps as a tank. Unless there is some mad scaling issues with warriors on the way to 90 decrease.. while other classes increase.. ya know it seems odd to my eyes. I've been around since tbc came along and I don't think that's something I've come across.

@Blind, its generally why I type on any wow related forum.. boredom at work. Then I get home and see 612 replies from people who can't understand what I typed and then I facepalm as to why I bothered :P
    Haha, I agree.

My post wasn't singling anyone out, it was more of a general population statement.