Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reucht View Post
    You edited your post afterwards and I was driving home in the meantime, but okay. Anyway, for all your problems there is a simple solution if you want to think.

The downed player can TP out of AoE, you can insta-rez from a distance, you can dodge the channel in the first place, etc.
    Warriors, Guardians, Necromancers, Engineers and Rangers can't TP out of AoE when downed.

Sorry.

Or are you suggesting a party be made up entirely of Thieves, Mesmers and Elementalists?

I'm actually really happy to see that this thread turn into the same shitfests as the wow threads do lol. So many on here touted this as the future of gaming, breath of fresh air, best game ever, etc etc. I'm sorry that the OPs thread got cluttered and his discussion went south pretty quickly, but I'm so happy to see that this happens no matter what game it's about. It shows that it's not the game it's us. For people who can't understand that hopefully they'll read this and be like "Shit the best game ever, the future of gaming, has people who are disappointed with it too? Holy shit." I don't know why that makes me happy, but it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarissaxoxo View Post
    Warriors, Guardians, Necromancers, Engineers and Rangers can't TP out of AoE when downed.

Sorry.

Or are you suggesting a party be made up entirely of Thieves, Mesmers and Elementalists?
    Option A doesn't work for class A, don't look at options B,C,D and E. Who or what are you fighting exactly? Are you just saying black because I say white?

Nothing about your edited post no more?

Vespian,

you're just as bad a troll as the other guys on the other side of the spectrum. If you would have researched as much about GW2 as you would about WoW, then you wouldn't be crying like a little emo girl. Some pointers so you might reach the end of the dungeon without "GY zerging":

- You're in a group, if the other 4 people suck, you're gonna fail as a group. Communication is key.
    - Coordination on AoE condition removal. And pick your battles, don't remove a 3sec cripple.
    - Changing position coordinated with your party since proximity has influence on aggro.
    - Don't dodge when you have Vigor, dodge when you need to.
    - Have some decent stats in your gear like toughness/vitality/boon duration/ ...
    - Use utility slot skills for the group, not for your personal epeen.
    - Kite.
    - Kill ranged first, kite melee, kill melee.
    - Pillars/statues/whatever block ranged attacks ("3 ranger pull makes me wanna kill small animals" boohoo, use the brain...)
    - Don't go melee unless you have something useful to do there. (being a warrior does NOT qualify, dish out some serious damage and get the fuck out)
    - Don't revive team members in front of the boss's face. Also, don't go downed in front of the boss's face.

I can continue, but you catch my drift. I'm sure your reply will be "already did those things", but really, we both know you didn't or you wouldn't be as bad as you say you are.

And if we're still talking about AC, use the frikking boulders.
    Guess what I'm going to say :P No really, here it comes:
    - You are listing WoW 101. It's that old Yes, we tried. Although I'll agree with you that with a PUG, your first point was almost impossible. But that's the thing right, you are talking from a point of reference that is unlike mine. Your point of reference is based on playing with a group of 4 to 5 friends, over voip. My point of reference, which I previously mentioned, is a PUG without access to the best class/spec/skills or even more important, player.

But than again, do I really have to answer to filler suggestions such as "dodge when you need to"? That's exactly the superiority complex I've been talking about in this thread. Stop assuming everyone that's not you, is a retard. We're not. We're experienced gamers. When gamers were still nerds with glasses, I was sitting behind supreme hardware playing Quake at a friends place, who's father owned a hardware store.

I feel so hip right now.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2012-09-12 at 11:17 AM.

Deleted
    I edited my post because it's the truth? All of the channeled spells in this game used in PvE are subject to AoE, much like the Eye Beams on Ryolith (Heroic) or Kologarn. For this reason, they go through LoS because the area of impact is AoE. Due to the spell being an AoE, ressing a downed player is nigh impossible until the channel ends.

However, my complaint is that these channels often last 8-10 seconds, and even with 2 successful dodges you're only evading damage for 6 seconds. In Explo. dungeons 2-4 seconds is still enough to lose all your HP in, even if you're specced full vital/toughness and geared towards it. Hence my suggestion of refunding endurance if a successful dodge (thus all damage evaded) is made.

Deleted
    Vespian m8.

I think you've made bad choice when it comes to games. It's a fact that many people are struggling with the dungeons. It is also a fact that many people are successfully finishing them and.. farming them with ease (best evidence of this is how many full explo mode armor people are running around, from different dungeons). It means.. dungeons are designed correctly. Sure, I wouldn't mind if they would turn up the difficulty a bit (speed up the casting on some mobs/bosses as it's bit too easy to read them) and add more mechanics to some fights - but overall it's a solid part of the game.

If you DO want to try to stop failing, listen to so many advices given already:
    - communicate, check what boons and conditions your group have.
    - change builds, don't run in to a dungeon (especially explo) with your leveling/solo build, you deserve to fail otherwise.
    - change gear, full out prec/pow/crit is godly for farming, but not so much in dungeons. Mix and much with more defensive pieces (Vit or Tghns) so you'll be less squishy. Only classes than can reliably pull off full glass canon in explo mode are Thief, Necro and Mesm.
    - get a third/fourth dodge, by that I mean check you abilities, many of them offer build in evade mechanic, read the tooltips. Check traits as well.
    - POTIONS. They give up to 10% more damage done to particular mobs and 10% less damage taken. Going without them on explo is stupid, especially how cheap they are.
    - position, position, position. Seriously, you can take no damage in most of the fights (especially trash) by simply using the landscape even in melee.
    - don't be afraid to change skills/weapons between pulls
    - melee is king. I'm doing 5 times more damage in melee than using a rifle on my warrior. The difference IS that big. You should always prioritize melee and use teamwork to secure as much of uptime on the boss as possible.
    - CC is godlike. I can't even grasp how people can die on trash when almost every weapon in the game offers CC. I don't even want to know... Just get some snare/stun/immobilize/daze rotation going and you'll not even notice the trash.

We have a rule in our guild, whoever dies during a dungeon run has pay 1g to the guild bank. Well.. bank is empty so I guess we are doing something right .

Alright, I spent some time in AC story today and many of you probably won't expect me to do this but.... Time to man up and get it off my chest. My god, that was easy.

I don't come back on what I say very often, but I'm also not too high and mighty to assume a position above apologizing. I truly, honestly, thought that the party I went into AC with the first time, was a decent party. They seemed to know their class at least. It was one big, bad trip, that time. It was my worst nightmare coming true and far worse than I could have imagined. I really never, ever wanted to go back again.

That said, I'm fairly sure of my own skill, so the only other reason could either be that the others sucked, the setup sucked or the dungeon sucked and my thoughts were that the dungeon utterly sucked, since damage came flying in left and right and half of the time I didn't see which left. Parties that I reluctantly joined later, also never fared all that well.

Today, I had a party that consisted of 3 Warriors and 2 Thiefs and I thought we were probably all going to die horribly, but I've never had a better time in a dungeon, ever since wow classic. Probably only the memories and not actually the dungeon now that I mention it. Today, we had a party that just really wiped the floor with all the trash and all the bosses just the same. The only issue we had, was with the love duo, but I guess that was mainly due to having one or two players that couldn't cope with the suggestion of staying out of melee as much as possible and kiting, instead of rushing. We replaced them (they left, fyi) and once we had some proper new blood, we wiped them off the face of the earth as well. Not fast, but steady.

So I guess I'm just admitting that I'm wrong. Not that I even slightly agree with the l2p remarks, since I personally am quite capable (for the record, I make mistakes, won't deny it. I just tend to learn from them) and such comments add nothing to a debate either way, but I see now that GW2 didn't actually let go of the player-bringing concept and it thrills me to see more content, after all. Nearly gave up playing as well, after those horrible encounters. Now, I'm on fire.

So there you have it. me all humble and on my knees. But dynamic events still aren't dynamic. Just to make that clear (semi-inside joke)
    Last edited by Vespian; 2012-09-12 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Alright, I spent some time in AC story today and many of you probably won't expect me to do this but.... Time to man up and get it off my chest. My god, that was easy.

I don't come back on what I say very often, but I'm also not too high and mighty to assume a position above apologizing. I truly, honestly, thought that the party I went into AC with the first time, was a decent party. They seemed to know their class at least. It was one big, bad trip, that time. It was my worst nightmare coming true and far worse than I could have imagined. I really never, ever wanted to go back again.

That said, I'm fairly sure of my own skill, so the only other reason could either be that the others sucked, the setup sucked or the dungeon sucked and my thoughts were that the dungeon utterly sucked, since damage came flying in left and right and half of the time I didn't see which left. Parties that I reluctantly joined later, also never fared all that well.

Today, I had a party that consisted of 3 Warriors and 2 Thiefs and I thought we were probably all going to die horribly, but I've never had a better time in a dungeon, ever since wow classic. Probably only the memories and not actually the dungeon now that I mention it. Today, we had a party that just really wiped the floor with all the trash and all the bosses just the same. The only issue we had, was with the love duo, but I guess that was mainly due to having one or two players that couldn't cope with the suggestion of staying out of melee as much as possible and kiting, instead of rushing. We replaced them (they left, fyi) and once we had some proper new blood, we wiped them off the face of the earth as well. Not fast, but steady.

So I guess I'm just admitting that I'm wrong. Not that I even slightly agree with the l2p remarks, since I personally am quite capable (for the record, I make mistakes, won't deny it. I just tend to learn from them) and such comments add nothing to a debate either way, but I see now that GW2 didn't actually let go of the player-bringing concept and it thrills me to see more content, after all. Nearly gave up playing as well, after those horrible encounters. Now, I'm on fire.

So there you have it. me all humble and on my knees. But dynamic events still aren't dynamic. Just to make that clear (semi-inside joke)
    Don't think I would live to see the day when somebody admitted they were wrong on in the internet :P That said, GW2 is a new game and there's a lot of stuff to learn. You're not pro anymore, in WoW you were, but now we're all noobs. Some people pick up faster than others and that's what got you the first time (probably).

Now on to explorer modes and another whine thread :P

Don't think I would live to see the day when somebody admitted they were wrong on in the internet :P That said, GW2 is a new game and there's a lot of stuff to learn. You're not pro anymore, in WoW you were, but now we're all noobs. Some people pick up faster than others and that's what got you the first time (probably).

Now on to explorer modes and another whine thread :P
    For the record, I didn't make the thread. I don't make whine threads. I just agree or disagree with them. And no it's not my skill that needs to be questioned, although I'll admit I felt a great deal more worthless as a tankish warrior with sword and board, than I do with my Thief.

Deleted
    [smugmode]Well it seems our work here is done. Now if you'll excuse me I have underpants to iron[/smugmode]

www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD9d0ZrBnLE

Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    [smugmode]Well it seems our work here is done. Now if you'll excuse me I have underpants to iron[/smugmode]

www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD9d0ZrBnLE
    Haha, I really should go download some of those. Brilliant. Thanks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Haha, I really should go download some of those. Brilliant. Thanks
    Did you know that season X is coming to Dave in a couple of weeks? Yes, more Red Dwarf is on the way!

Did you know that season X is coming to Dave in a couple of weeks? Yes, more Red Dwarf is on the way!
    No, but thanks for the headsup

Deleted
    I thought Dave only showed repeats of Top Gear. Though I'm not complaining, Top Gear is one of the most entertaining programs on television.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarissaxoxo View Post
    I thought Dave only showed repeats of Top Gear. Though I'm not complaining, Top Gear is one of the most entertaining programs on television.
    Well it appears they specifically ordered the production of a new series. So it's not like the guys got together and pitched it to TV stations, Dave actually made the first move to get it made. That's quite awesome of them.

Before anyone comments I think these posts are perfectly on-topic when the title of the thread is "Apparently I'm missing something", yeah, you're missing Red Dwarf X!!!!!