Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Post your boot times!

Post your cold boot times (computer completely off > power button). Include your motherboard and whether or not you have an SSD.

I'm running a p8z77-v with bios version 1606 and a Samsung 830 SSD. My boot time is 26 sec.

PS: All p8z77-v owners, update your bios! One of the newer versions has this awesome fast boot option.
    Last edited by yurano; 2012-09-11 at 09:12 AM.

About ten seconds from pressing the button to usable desktop.

Sabertooth Z77 (BIOS r.1504)
    i5 2500K
    Crucial M4 (Firmware 000F)

I have no need of Standby mode

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post

i5 2500K

I am at roughly 27 seconds from completely powered down to desktop and I have the same SSD as you, care to share your secrets? How can I achieve these magical 10 second boot times?
    CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.4 Ghz l Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 l MB: Asrock Z77 Xtreme4 l Memory: 8GB Gskill Ripjaws X l GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 670 l SSD: Crucial M4 256 GB l HDD: WD 1TB Caviar Black l PSU: Corsair HX850 l Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower l
    Quote Originally Posted by blizzardsoldoutin2009 View Post
    i'm going to report you for trolling. you don't have the right to disagree with my opinion.

The motherboard, and the BIOS version. It takes about 3 seconds to get to post, post is done in about a second, windows 7 animation gets about 1/3 of the way through before it loads the desktop.

Currently running same firmware as your SSD. So my Asrock mobo is runnning a full 17 seconds behind your Asus one?
    CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.4 Ghz l Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 l MB: Asrock Z77 Xtreme4 l Memory: 8GB Gskill Ripjaws X l GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 670 l SSD: Crucial M4 256 GB l HDD: WD 1TB Caviar Black l PSU: Corsair HX850 l Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower l
    i'm going to report you for trolling. you don't have the right to disagree with my opinion.

Deleted
    5/6 sec with windows 8 and corsair force 3 ssd (laptop with intel i7 @ 2ghz)

Quote Originally Posted by Tampwn View Post
    Currently running same firmware as your SSD. So my Asrock mobo is runnning a full 17 seconds behind your Asus one?
    Count how long your POST takes to pass. The actually booting of Windows should take the same amount of time +/- a second.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2012-09-11 at 09:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not sure about around

40 to 50 seconds :P
    -K

Count how long your POST takes to pass. The actually booting of Windows should take the same amount of time +/- a second.
    Is it just a coincidence that this guy on Youtube has the EXACT same specs as you, or is this you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u27CCe1AXfc

Not seeing a 10 second boot time. Seeing about 25 seconds like the rest of us.

That is me, and pretty sure that was taken before getting the new BIOS flashed up.

Not the computer I use right now, but it featured the same type of SSD and mobo, which is mostly what's gonna be the source of your boot time... This was W7 though.

Ahhhh, of course.... So flashing your bios cut your boot times by more than 50%?? **BTW, we can hear you push the button in at about 2 seconds into the video, not 6/7. No one on here is experiencing these magical 10 second boot times, even the OP with a Samsung drive that benches faster than our M4 drives.

I'll do a new recording, give me a bit of time (will take ages to upload, have shitty 1MBit upload internet)

10+ Year Old Account
    About 40 seconds with my Crucial M4, windows hangs up for like 10 seconds on class.pnp
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Ahhhh, of course.... So flashing your bios cut your boot times by more than 50%?? **BTW, we can hear you push the button in at about 2 seconds into the video, not 6/7. No one on here is experiencing these magical 10 second boot times, even the OP with a Samsung drive that benches faster than our M4 drives.
    Where exactly do you measure boot from? The moment you press the button, or the moment the machine actually starts to boot?

I'll do a new recording, give me a bit of time (will take ages to upload, have shitty 1MBit upload internet)
    Shouldn't take long to upload a 10 second video on a 1MB connection. Looking forward to seeing a 10 second boot, if that's the case, I need to upgrade my mobo

---------- Post added 2012-09-11 at 10:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Where exactly do you measure boot from? The moment you press the button, or the moment the machine actually starts to boot?

i5 2500K

Basing it off of this. From the second I push the button on my machine. I thought that's how we were judging it :/

Deleted
    About 30 seconds with a Corsair Force Series 3. Most of the time is used in P.O.S.T though.
    I use a Sabertooth P67 with a core i7-2600k. I find it really unusual though that it have to display the Sabertooth "logo" 3 times before it starts loading Windows.
    I understand ofcourse that the marvell controller etc have to load as well, but still.

Shouldn't take long to upload a 10 second video on a 1MB connection. Looking forward to seeing a 10 second boot, if that's the case, I need to upgrade my mobo
    You clearly don't trust me, so I can't tell you to trust me, but they do in fact boot really fast with new BIOS revisions. And that generally means a boot time of around 10-14 seconds from the moment LED comes on till it's ready for you to type in your username.

Deleted
    I can vouch for him.

I have a similar setup:

0:06 Button pressed about a second after I finish the countdown.
    0:11 LEDs on keyboard light up about when I comment the second time (about 4 seconds after I hit the "on" button).
    0:20 Login screen would be here if I used a password on this account
    0:21 Desktop loaded.

OK, so 15 seconds from on button to desktop, and 9-10 seconds from the USB ports turning on.

No one on here is experiencing these magical 10 second boot times, even the OP with a Samsung drive that benches faster than our M4 drives.
    SSDs only decrease the boot time from the moment windows starts to load. Everything before that point is managed by the BIOS/UEFI.