Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Only against warriors fake casting is kind of useless. Even then it's only kind of. (4 second interrupt vs. 3 second silence)

Deleted
    Theres only certain classes ill fake cast against, (with a different school i mean), and thats primarily mages, shamans and whoever uses counterspell type abilites. Obviously i dont fake cast against stun classes because whatever your casting your gonna get stunned whatever. I normally try to leg it from melee lol.
    I shouldve been a bit clearer and stated it was mainly against mages and CS type classes etc sorry.

I was in work so didnt really have time to think or type properly lol, but i thought of it while in work and wouldve forgot otherwise by the time i got home. Soz for the confusion.

I'm not the worlds greatest priest ;p but ive got 2k rating so far. I seem to find myself (and my team) up against mages and shamans and silence/interupt classes a hell of a lot and found doing it like that was easier for me. I think its because i can tell if ive been interupted quicker using different school of magic than if i fake cast and get the CS as i dont notice if ive been CS or not.

I used to do quite a bit of damage as disc spiking and blasting if they enemy let me and if i got CS then i could just heal or whatever. I always felt i had an option, whether its help with dmg or heal away..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    I believe you're confusing fakecasting and casting another school. Fakecasting is interrupting your own cast before the enemy's interrupt lands, as to allow yourself to keep casting. Casting another school is something else, and as far as I know you've got Dominate Mind for that (if you really want to get it). Aside from that, I don't think there is any (except the aforementioned expensive Mind Sear).
    Mind Control always was a decent option for it, because either way you're one up in that situation. Unless ofc they have stuns or something :O

Quote Originally Posted by emoelitistthreadderailer View Post
    Theres only certain classes ill fake cast against, (with a different school i mean), and thats primarily mages, shamans and whoever uses counterspell type abilites. Obviously i dont fake cast against stun classes because whatever your casting your gonna get stunned whatever. I normally try to leg it from melee lol.
    I shouldve been a bit clearer and stated it was mainly against mages and CS type classes etc sorry.

I was in work so didnt really have time to think or type properly lol, but i thought of it while in work and wouldve forgot otherwise by the time i got home. Soz for the confusion.

I'm not the worlds greatest priest ;p but ive got 2k rating so far. I seem to find myself (and my team) up against mages and shamans and silence/interupt classes a hell of a lot and found doing it like that was easier for me. I think its because i can tell if ive been interupted quicker using different school of magic than if i fake cast and get the CS as i dont notice if ive been CS or not.

I used to do quite a bit of damage as disc spiking and blasting if they enemy let me and if i got CS then i could just heal or whatever. I always felt i had an option, whether its help with dmg or heal away..
    It doesn't matter what class you are playing against, nobody is going to interrupt your shadow school if you're playing above 1500 rating. Also I have no idea how you have so much time to actually be able to cast an offensive spell in between cc and your team taking heavy damage.
    You don't fake cast against "stun classes ?" you do know that all classes have some sort of interupt/silence now and all the classes that DO have a stun are mostly melee, so you're basically contradicting yourself.
    On topic : I think with this new interupt system, fakecasting is more important now that it was in previous expansions, because of the longer cd and the longer duration of the intterupt if it does land

this thread has brought me so many lols.
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hopefully View Post
    It doesn't matter what class you are playing against, nobody is going to interrupt your shadow school if you're playing above 1500 rating. Also I have no idea how you have so much time to actually be able to cast an offensive spell in between cc and your team taking heavy damage.
    You don't fake cast against "stun classes ?" you do know that all classes have some sort of interupt/silence now and all the classes that DO have a stun are mostly melee, so you're basically contradicting yourself.
    On topic : I think with this new interupt system, fakecasting is more important now that it was in previous expansions, because of the longer cd and the longer duration of the intterupt if it does land
    I realise what your saying. I think what i meant is that as disc i could force interupts frequently by casting shadow spells. If im allowed to cast shadow spells then they either use a CS on me or take a fair bit of dmg (the changes to our mana pools will affect things now tho). I hardly have time to cast as it is in arena with the ammount of CC etc but there are moments where i can do a bit of damage.
    I also didnt mean i *never* fake cast melee.. Fake casting melee is a nightmare. But I miss spiking and deathing

the title is misreading tho. Shouldve been about using other schools and lockouts etc. I give up ;p im talking shit lol
    Last edited by mmocfce0b4833c; 2012-09-12 at 09:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    What. At high ratings that only works against interrupt hackers who just lock out whatever it is you're casting as soon as the CS/pummel/etc. is off cooldown; if you suddenly start casting mindblast as a priest with, say, a warrior/DK on you it's obvious you're just gona flop and they'll be confused as for why you'd ever do that, then giggle to themselves.

Fake casting will always be more effective than baiting a CS on a different school as a healer, unless all you do is random BGs where people lock out whatever they see you casting first, regardless of spec.
    this is actually a pretty good point.

Quote Originally Posted by emoelitistthreadderailer View Post
    Its a real bummer tho. Deathing polys etc and fake casting were a huge part my (and many others i presume) disc playing style in arena and Bgs sometimes.
    I really enjoyed the skill/goodtiming/luck (call it what you like) of doing this and it gives you a little buzz when you pull some of these moves off as it turns a lot of matches (either way)..

Ive not done any beta at all though so havent done any pvp or arena at lvl 90 or what have you.... But i think Id rather have these two clever ways of doing things than a fear totem or roots etc..

Arena is like a game of high stakes poker to me ;p.. you gotta decide when to bluff or show your hand or raise the bar etc.... Now I think its going to come down to who has the most annoying CC and luck.
    You've drawn conclusions on exactly zero experience. The very reason why forums all over the internet are filled to the brim with QQ.

So, can someone explain why OP can't fake cast anymore? I'd like to know if something has changed in the game, since I can't currently play? You still get interrupted if you stop your own cast or what? Or he means disc priests no longer have shadow spells with a cast time so he can't bait interrupt on mind spike/mind blast?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    You misunderstand the glyph. It has no negative sides at all (except that you might hit with an SW: D at 21% health, and make it do less damage). It will still give a Shadow Orb if you use it below 20%.
    It's a shame that it takes a glyph slot. It should be the other way around, I think; that you glyph to only make it usable under 20%, but it no longer does backlash damage.
    I'm not saying using the glyph has negative sides, im saying that it's just not strong enough for a major glyph. I love this priest spell and its shame it became only ranged execute for spriests. The glyph should be minor OR stay major but should generate shadow orb regardless of target hp, that would make the glyph good even for pve. Because we no longer have masochism which gave us mana when we damage ourselves with SW: D there is no point casting it, but if it gave shadow orb it will actually change spriest's rotation...
    But then again that might be too overpowered and it will just become a must-have glyph... But if it also increased cooldown by 2 secs to pre-mop 10 seconds CD then it might be okay....... :P
    "Oh, you think darkness is your ally, but you merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it.

I didn't see the light until I was already a man and by then it was nothing to me but blinding." -Bane

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    So, can someone explain why OP can't fake cast anymore? I'd like to know if something has changed in the game, since I can't currently play? You still get interrupted if you stop your own cast or what? Or he means disc priests no longer have shadow spells with a cast time so he can't bait interrupt on mind spike/mind blast?
    Yes thats what i meant actually. Removing shadow spells as disc so i cant bait or force CS type things and having to re-discover the art of *proper* fake casting which i honestly havent done in a while p....

My apologies, ive misled you by the looks with the wrong title for this topic. I was in work and had to do it quick inbetween things i was doing and my boss nipping in and out lol. (naughty i know but i aint the only one who checks stuff on forums when waiting for, in my case, enzymes and chemicals to do their thing surely?? ;p)