Page 1 of 2
LastLast

8 bosses, 8 bags of gold

I ran LFR for the first time last week. I completed both raids and got 8 bags of gold to show for it. I thought the loot win % would be a little better. Am I just terribly unlucky? Has anyone else had this experience?
    Last edited by Azshira; 2012-09-12 at 12:38 AM.

Deleted
    the chance to win an item is around 15%, i believe. you just got a stroke of bad luck.

Rats... I'll try again this week. I'd be fine with going 1/8 on the drops. I won't rage until I'm 0/16

Quote Originally Posted by Elivan View Post
    I ran LFR for the first time last week. I completed both raids and got 8 bags of gold to show for it. I thought the loot win % would be a little better. Am I just terribly unlucky? Has anyone else had this experience?
    They've said multiple times that the rough chance of you winning an item in LFR would not change based on pre-5.0. Its not meant to give out items at any kind of better or more agreeable rate, its main purpose is to eliminate the possibility that people will ninja a piece of gear you need for some BS reason like Vendoring or whatever.
    If you don't like it, go on the internet and complain.

10+ Year Old Account
    yah, i ran LFR on my druid two weeks ago, she got nothing but bags of gold. i then tried out my huntress, even though she doesnt need gear, i was just there to test out the spec changes, she ended up getting 3 items. it doesnt feel any worse then before. i was never guaranteed to get an item before the patch. and im still not guaranteed now. but getting 3 pieces on one run feels like i had a better chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elivan View Post
    I thought the loot win % would be a little better.
    No, it's supposed to be the same, not better. I've done 8 LFRs before this new loot rule without winning anything (mostly because heroic geared people needed on LFR tokens that I needed too) and this week I won 1 item. Seems fine to me

Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    No, it's supposed to be the same, not better. I've done 8 LFRs before this new loot rule without winning anything (mostly because heroic geared people needed on LFR tokens that I needed too) and this week I won 1 item. Seems fine to me
    Cool beans. I will be patient

Do you want to say that before 5.0.4 you won at least an item each and every week? You must have been pretty lucky then, cause last time my alt won something was a week before patch, before that it was 3 weeks.
    To my understanding nothing should change, except that now you wont get ninjaed and the roll will be made automatically, rather then when you feel like it.

Deleted
    Pre-5.0 your winning chances were also affected by whether or not people were being douchebags and rolling for items they already had the Normal/Heroic version of, in order to trade it, sell it, or give it to guildies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wadark View Post
    Its main purpose is to eliminate the possibility that people will ninja a piece of gear you need for some BS reason like Vendoring or whatever.
    Well, i don't think it's doing a good job, since i won two pieces of gear i didn't need on the same run. Since i couldn't trade them to others, i vendored them.

Deleted
    Since I started doing LFR, I've had 4 or 5 good runs. Good being "I won at least two items I could use". I've had about 18 1-item runs. And I don't want to count how many 0-item runs I've had.

The new lootchange isn't making much of a difference to me. The only thing that really changed, is the waiting period after rolling for loot while people decide or we wait for time-outs from the leavers that didn't click anything. That is gone and I LOVE it. I get my bag or item at the end and can instantly leave.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is rng, that's all I ran lfr on quite a few characters after the patch, to get used to the class changes etc, did not win a single item. Not complaining though, random stuff is random.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Well, i don't think it's doing a good job, since i won two pieces of gear i didn't need on the same run. Since i couldn't trade them to others, i vendored them.
    Yes but just because you got that loot didn't mean that someone else wasn't able to get it also.

All they needed to do was have LFR do a quick scan of your current inventory and if you have a higher ilvl piece equipped in the slot in the past 5 minutes(to stop people from de-equipping mid fight) and make that forfeit you from rolling on a drop. Another catch could be if your activity on the boss is below a certain threshold, you don't get to roll. The people who would be screwed are normal/heroic raiders looking to use LFR to get a specific item which is probably not many if they're already raiding more difficult content.

Scenario:
    -weapon drops, 6 people want to roll on it.
    -2-3 heroic geared players looking to be dicks, vendor it, pass to a poorly geared guildie, etc get lower priority loot rolls or removed altogether b/c their current gear exceeds the item
    -the remaining poorly geared players get priority in winning the item provided their activity passes the threshold value

This whole automatically sticking loot in peoples' bags seems ridiculous. The only positive thing is that it prevents raging between players and blaming one another for ninjaing or yelling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Yes but just because you got that loot didn't mean that someone else wasn't able to get it also.
    Maybe, but i'd rather have picked the bag. 25g are more than what the items were worth :P .

But the point is you're not going to lose items to someone who's only intent is to vendor or trade for tokens, or who's needing for a friend. As far as I'm concerned the system in LFR now is pretty much perfect, I just wish that if you already had the loot that drops that you would auto pass and get a bag. Granted that would shaft Hybrids a bit, as they'd not be able to fill up extra roles but to be fair; MS > OS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    The only positive thing is that it prevents raging between players and blaming one another for ninjaing or yelling.
    And that's why I love it.
    No more greedy bastards clicking Need on everything.
    No more legitimately winning an upgrade and having people whisper you "can I plx has dat? I need setbonus" and stuff.
    No more passing on to undergeared guildies so they are better geared for normal/hc runs...

LOVE IT!

How much gold those bags give? just curious.

It doesn't mean those other people didn't win it too.. as far as I know.. 25 people could get loot on the same boss, opposite too. It's a personal roll, you get loot.. if you need it or not is irrelevant.

When the only problem with loot is you may get a piece you don't know, it's a step in right direction compared to the clusterfuck that was LFR loot before.

Pre 5.0 patch i was well over 0/50 with LFR loots. Now I am 1/4. Too bad I already out gear LFR.