Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I do agree with you that each characters reputations should count towards the "X number of exalted factions achievements". That would indeed "penalize" someone switching to another toon as their main. I was disappointed when I realized that it wouldn't work that way, as I'd went and gotten Tranquillen to exalted on my one remaining horde toon as most of my others have been transferred to Alliance.

However, I am very much against having reputations themselves being account wide. The point of playing other toons is that you need to do things to progress them yourself, which includes running dungeons, getting the necessary reps, etc etc. I wouldn't mind if they implemented something similar to the VP buff (which gives you 50% increased VP on other toons on that server once you have capped VP on one toon) for reputations, but they really should be kept to a per-toon basis.

Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    Being a completionist who has stuck with the same character for a majority of my time in WoW, but has recently rerolled due to account-wide achievements, I want to agree. I have a lot of exalted reps on that old character and it would be nice if they carried over to my new one. But the problem is, you can only have so much that carries over from one character to another before all of your characters just become the same character or "one".

This is becoming a serious problem in WoW and MMOs in general. The whole point of RPGs, like Ferocity pointed out above, is to develop a character from scratch and progress him through a journey. Ever since late TBC, Blizzard has taken steps to make it much easier to do this on multiple characters. While I can respect players who enjoy playing many different toons at the same time and would like for their hard work to be showed on all of them, I don't think a system like is very healthy for the game in the long run.

Account-wide achievements has been a very reasonable change though and is something that I think should have been in place from the start.

EDIT: Just read that tweet from Ghostcrawler above my post. It's good to see we are on the same page.
    I agree Onesent and thank you for your post but this train left when they implemented account wide achievements, Pets, Mounts etc. Since there is a reputation pane in achievements one would assume that those achievements should work with all toons. I am not necessarily saying to make reputations account wide but perhaps make them less clunky so that the reputations achievements actually do work account wide like said in previous post.

Blizzard has made enough content to keep the average player happy. Anyone who changes main characters will be hindered unless they use that one particular toon to farm reputation. It all comes down who they are trying to cater but a small change like this wont has massive repercussions, that came when they implemented Account wide achievements.

---------- Post added 2012-09-11 at 04:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Liara View Post
    You're right. They should just implement a poll for players, with a single question: "Are you an achievement farmer?". If you answer No, carry on as usual. If you answer Yes, then you've just received all existing achievements.
    I mean, you don't want to hinder them, do you?
    Your an idiot, read all posts before coming to your useless/ unhelpful comments. (see posts at reply to Onesent, cant be bothered to reply your idiotic replies).

---------- Post added 2012-09-11 at 04:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    I do agree with you that each characters reputations should count towards the "X number of exalted factions achievements". That would indeed "penalize" someone switching to another toon as their main. I was disappointed when I realized that it wouldn't work that way, as I'd went and gotten Tranquillen to exalted on my one remaining horde toon as most of my others have been transferred to Alliance.

However, I am very much against having reputations themselves being account wide. The point of playing other toons is that you need to do things to progress them yourself, which includes running dungeons, getting the necessary reps, etc etc. I wouldn't mind if they implemented something similar to the VP buff (which gives you 50% increased VP on other toons on that server once you have capped VP on one toon) for reputations, but they really should be kept to a per-toon basis.
    Agreed, I personally believe they should re-evaluate the reputations achievements. They are to clunky

---------- Post added 2012-09-11 at 04:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    This is getting a bit much TBH, what's next, account-wide levelling? (Since levelling an alt when you already levelled a main is SUCH a chore)

It was addressed in an "Account-wide JP/HP"-question: it will lead to people playing their main to advance their alts, which makes one wonder what's the point of even having alts, if you want something for an alt, play said alt to get it, doesn't seem unreasonable to me really...
    Please read first post, this has nothing to do with anything outside the line of reputations going account wide OR revamping the reputation achievements like stated above. Please read posts before contributing nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by valenzy View Post
    Anyone who changes main characters will be hindered unless they use that one particular toon to farm reputation.
    Wow, I guess I completely overlooked the entire point of your post and who Ghostcrawler was replying to. I didn't realize that those specific achievements for 50 reputations to exalted, 60, etc. did not carry over. I just checked on my "new" main and my heart kind of sunk to see him sitting at 4.

I would revise my opinion to say that I completely agree with the fact that reputations on other characters should at least count towards those specific achievements. I have no desire to play my old main in MoP, so it looks like I won't be getting the 60 exalted reputations achievement after all. Kind of bummed about that.

Wow, I guess I completely overlooked the entire point of your post and who Ghostcrawler was replying to. I didn't realize that those specific achievements for 50 reputations to exalted, 60, etc. did not carry over. I just checked on my "new" main and my heart kind of sunk to see him sitting at 4.

I would revise my opinion to say that I completely agree with the fact that reputations on other characters should at least count towards those specific achievements. I have no desire to play my old main in MoP, so it looks like I won't be getting the 60 exalted reputations achievement after all. Kind of bummed about that.
    Finally someone who feels my pain, these other idiots just don't understand Onesent

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Dunno if you're the best person to ask, but why not make reputation achievements account-wide? I see the reasoning for actual reputations, but it's one of those limiting character-swap achievements for me. Making interchangeable reps such as Warsong offensive/valiance hold only count once would be a good compromise, but atm it's annoying having 38 & 8
    Why not make loot account wide? Or leveling? At some point you're not actually playing the new character.

From a tweet to Ghostcrawler. He seems to explain perfectly well why this shouldn't happen.

That is one of those straw-man arguments though.

The removal of faction enchants required the faction rep for raiding does make it less appealing ... but seriously, who enjoys rep grinding on 10+ toons?
    The 3rd time doing Therazane I started to feel burned out ... and the 5th time, I just said eff-it.

Achievements are only what you make it, but Blizz would like you to do them, it is the illusion of more content, but really it is just 'hey, try this, we'll recognize it with a pop-up if you do'.

If I wanted to switch to my druid 100% main, well, I lose the 40 exalted I have on my lock, which I don't want to play as much since cata hit.

It isn't about being casual. It is about carrying the work I did, to the toon I play.

Seriously, how can anyone (Grissym) call someone lazy who has 40/50/60+ exalted reps? Who, within sanity (and any type of life outside of the game) has time to do that on 11+ toons? Who'd want to?

Rep isn't loot. Rep isn't leveling. Rep, is rep. Do you need it on your other toons, ofc not. But you, the person behind the screen, still accomplished that. Your toon can't do shit without you controlling it.

Now things like first aid, you should ofc still have to level (referencing recent posts asking for that).

If you mindlessly play LFR (again, Grissym's statement), well that is YOUR problem. You are doing things not fun. But some of us, can do normal/heroic raids on multiple toons.

To relate a LONG rep grind (say switching from scryer to aldor or taking ANYTHING from hated) to omg!instant90w/epicslolol!!!! is ridiculous >_>

The way I see around this, and was mentioned as a future possibility by a blue, is allowing the toon with exalted to buy stuff from the vendors as 'battle.net bound', so you can more easily gear up those alts from the reps you've already grinded (ground?) out, but not let them go and buy it for themselves ... but this is also counter to the GC tweets of sending mail to your own toon is stupid, opening mail should be exciting ... which leads me to believe, possibly, we could end up with cross-toon storage (similar to SWTOR cargo storage, just like CRZ is similar to SWTOR's and Tera's multiple instances of the same zone on the server ... Tera's being better, because you can select a low pop zone if you end up in a place where you can't tag a mob from overpopulation).

Professions, leveling, gearing up, learning the class mechanincs are part of the RPG element.

The best way I could relate it so people against it can better understand it ... think of your group of toons as a family or clan ... a 'faction' of its own. When one of your toons earns exalted (not shared rep between the toons, each one moves it's bar separately), your 'family' of alts are considered exalted to that faction as well.

Or, you could roleplay ... those really aren't 11 different toons of different classes you are playing, but it is 11 multiple personalities that you disguise yourself as different races and classes, and no matter what 'personality' is out at that moment, the rep vendor can see through your 'guise and services the core personality the same.

I don't really care, tbh. I'd transfer all my reps and achieves to my druid if I could, and be done with it. No way in hell though I'll do most of it over again, and to think of doing that on more than two toons, well, I'd seriously look into checking myself into an addiction clinic if I had the desire to do so. With 5 pets, a disabled elderly widowed parent, a wife with a baby on the way, studies, and work, plus general adult chores like cleaning, cooking, etc ... it would be quite destructive to waste time repeating those things for no reason other than to see the bar all green.

It also fits into the theme 'players should do what they have fun doing' of the xpac, with alternative ways to earn JP/VP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    Nothing good in this idea. It is one of most interesting processes in RPG - to develop char from scratch - you make new character, you slowly build him, raise his reputation, gain achievements etc. One less thing to care when making new char? With such system in place, why to not have accound-wide level 90 then?

If only Ghostcrawler could understand such simple truth - that process of building new character is one of core elements in RPG. If someone doesn't like "building" new characters, perhaps RPG is not his genre. Alas, I am not really sure why GC is still at his current position.

tell me again how is farming MC or FL reputation to exalted for the 11 time fun? How disliking having to farm them for the 2nd time makes RPGs not my genre?.

I have completed to an almost 100% all final fantasy, shadow hearts, Kingdom hearts, Chrono trigun, Pokemon, Diablo, Disgaea, Phaton Brave, Star Ocean ,Ethernal Sonata, Castle Vania, Tales of Legendia, etc... Games.

I love to complete everything to 100% but you know what? Those games are gathering dust because I did it one time to 100% I dont need to play the game again since it is no longer fun.( unless you talking about Pokemon)

Who are you to tell people that if they dislike building up old rep that takes months for the x times that they are not RPG fans and should not play the game?

I have quit wow for other reasons be if I came back I will still play the same blood elf paladin i created in TBC just because he is exalted with everything.

One of the things I always look when i was an officer was the rep.

X guy apply to my guild saying he kill this and that I
    go see achv and I see ok he kill that boss but what about the rep? There is no way you kill Ilidan when it was current if you not revered reputation or almost revered.

What you raid TBC? you have the ahcv for the bosses ok that was when? dont remember cant tell if truth or not, let me check Reputation.
    AHAH!! Lier! SO you kill T5 bosses when they were current? Tell me more why you dont even have rep to enter the HC dugeons to start the atunement quest.

I dont care about achivements much but reputation is a big one for me i feel sad when i look at my alts and i see theya re all friendly rep or honored :X just feels ugly.

Ghostcrawler's Tweet response was lazy and stupid. His answer is that he is afraid that account rep would lead to account loot and levels, clearly something he doesn't want, but the answer to that is simple: Just give us account rep, we aren't asking for account loot or levels. The is absolutely no association with rep, loot and levels, other than these outlandish claims you forum poster and ghostcrawler seem to make. I personally have wanted account rep since vanilla, but not once until I saw GC's tweet to I ever put together that account rep would also mean account levels or loot. And do you know why? Because I'm not an asshole. I am not deluded enough to think that I should be able to make 85s as soon as I have one, different classes, different asses....I need to grind up (IT ALMOST RHYMES!) and tbh I still don't understand account loot, why would you ever want priest gear on a warrior, or why do you have more than one of a class. Dual-spec weirdos. You don't need 2 warriors.

And beyond all of y'alls previously mentioned over the top ridiculous fears, account rep is from a lore point, feasible and logical. Think about it, if you have one character that is EXALTED shouldn't he be able to vouch for your other toons, since they are all associated under your account, and be like "Tirion, YO Tirion! Trust this warlock, he is totally chill and pimp! Treat him like you treat me." Shouldn't the voice of one so highly regarded hold weight with faction leaders? I mean come on, don't you tend to listen to your friends' opinions. It makes sense....O.o

Deleted
    I don't see why this bothers people so much. Most of the old factions is a piece of cake. shouldn't be too hard to farm them to exalted again. Especially since most of them have dailies that takes 10-15 mins.

This is a classic example of 'give an inch, they'll want a mile' syndrome.

I think it's funny the only thing this would affect is my alts.
    *snicker*
    There's nothing any toon I have can help my Mage with reputation wide, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Etna View Post
    tell me again how is farming MC or FL reputation to exalted for the 11 time fun? How disliking having to farm them for the 2nd time makes RPGs not my genre?.

I have completed to an almost 100% all final fantasy, shadow hearts, Kingdom hearts, Chrono trigun, Pokemon, Diablo, Disgaea, Phaton Brave, Star Ocean ,Ethernal Sonata, Castle Vania, Tales of Legendia, etc... Games.

I love to complete everything to 100% but you know what? Those games are gathering dust because I did it one time to 100% I dont need to play the game again since it is no longer fun.( unless you talking about Pokemon)
    It's called replayability. Let's say you completed Disgaea, but wanted to replay. And on new start you get at once lv9999 characters, senate crawling before you and all areas unlocked. Or any Final Fantasy, when you start new game - you automatically have all materias/spheres/licenses/jobs/whatever. It would quickly become boring and lose it's meaning. And to be able to replay it, you would need to buy another copy of game (same way as you need to get 2nd account for WoW to start anew).

Same here. It's already at the point, when there is no incentive to run old raids on alts, if you did on main. All achievements and mounts are shared (gold nerfs don't help as well) - and there you go - boredom, as nothing has any sense to do.

There should be reason to kill "stuff" in game on alts. Be that mount, achievement, reputation, or something like that. Developers already did cut down a lot in this aspect of game.

And as already was pointed out reputations ain't needed to raid or do dungeons in MoP. Period. Especially old world reputations. If you still want reward for having reputation at exalted - go and earn it.
    Ghostcrawler's Tweet response was lazy and stupid.
    To be honest, I was really surprised at what GC wrote on this subject. I usually disagree with his design decisions, but he just nailed it here. There will be no purpose for making new character if so many things will be account-wide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello All

First of all props to Blizzard for making an amazing change. Playing since Vanilla, implemention of achievements was an amazing idea, in till i saw that it locked me into that having a main to care about achievements. Thank you very much for this change , this has brought me back for MOP.

One step further that i'd like to propose would be account wide/faction wide reputation. Due to having different mains for each expansion, farming old rep that i have achieved exalted status but don't get the credit due to on another character still makes achievements of reputation sub standard. Like Ghostcrawlers post, Blizzards idea was to make sure the player could choose character A or character B to play and not have and repercussions doing so, this violates that exact thought process.

My second suggestion would be: To make those reputation achievements count character wide. for example, Character A is exalted with 10 factions, Character B is exalted with 6 different factions. the account has 16 factions exalted and they both contribute to a common goal. this currently does not happen and is painful. This is simply rewarding what the player has done in game. It's not giving the player a free pass its giving the player what they deserve.

This is currently not implemented for achievements such as: The diplomat or X number of exalted factions. This idea will not make reputation account but will come to an even ground for those who change characters but want to farm achievements.

I do realise that this is a working process and would offer my idea to the general public to contribute their opinions to hopefully reach a common goal.
    Thanks again!
    Disagree for sure. Reputation isn't something that should be account wide, considering that reputations offer rewards usually at exalted. Level 1 going to hyjal and buying gear? No thanks.

However, for Justicar/Conqueror those repuatations I would approve. Nothing else though.
    Call me House.

bumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbump

I don't think anybody gives a damn about the reputation itself, they just want the exalted reps to count towards their "account-wide" achievements as they should.

10+ Year Old Account
    My second suggestion would be: To make those reputation achievements count character wide. for example, Character A is exalted with 10 factions, Character B is exalted with 6 different factions. the account has 16 factions exalted and they both contribute to a common goal. this currently does not happen and is painful. This is simply rewarding what the player has done in game. It's not giving the player a free pass its giving the player what they deserve.
    This is what I want.
    Qui a rejeté son démon nous importune avec ses anges.
    -Henri Michaux

Quote Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
    I don't think anybody gives a damn about the reputation itself, they just want the exalted reps to count towards their "account-wide" achievements as they should.
    I Agree in all honesty. My main in WOTLK has all exalted, BC main has all BC/Vanilla Factions, such a pain farming it again.

No way to your first thingy but the second one could be a cool thing tho I mean I got over 25 exalted rep spread on 6 toons (fml)

---------- Post added 2012-09-20 at 10:43 AM ----------

True thing and I 100% agree

It frustrates me every time I see one of these threads. For everything Blizzard gives players, there is always a whine for giving more.
    Its already bad enough that every player feels entitled to everything without putting in the effort, hence we have LFR and the many other mechanisms in the game which reward players for little to no involvement in their character, let alone the game.
    The game like everything else in life should reward players for their level of skill and commitment, not like the the current philosophy where everyone gets a trophy.

I Agree in all honesty. My main in WOTLK has all exalted, BC main has all BC/Vanilla Factions, such a pain farming it again.
    ...normal faction farming is not all that much of a pain. Particularly with dungeons that give rep and tabards that give rep if you're tearing through a dungeon. Grinding out a faction out in the world that gives tiny amounts of rep per kill is a pain, though there are often quests to help. Ripping up old content on an alt is not (are you trying to limit yourself to repping up while in the appropriate level change? WHY? Go back and grind that stuff out later when you can puree the enemy; it might be mind numbing but it won't be nearly so masochistic as certain other, harder to attain reps).

I can see people abusing account wide reps, as well. I might accept faction wide reputations, possibly, but not account wide. Also, I don't think reputations being account/faction wide makes any sense. "Oh hey, you're a completely different race than that guy I love, but you kinda have the same accent so here, you can buy my best stuff!" They made rep grinding absolutely freaking cake in the expansions, as well as necessary for end game progression but that's something they've made a point of changing in MoP.

I haven't slept yet. Forgive the incoherent.

EDIT: to concede that certain Vanilla factions can be a pain. But like ... the furbolgs? No. I'm curious which reps you find most tedious, though - one day, I should probably top off my Consortium rep. I forget whether I capped that on my main or not, or whether I was just going for it on an alt for a profession recipe.
    Last edited by Chirri; 2012-09-20 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post

However, I am very much against having reputations themselves being account wide. The point of playing other toons is that you need to do things to progress them yourself, which includes running dungeons, getting the necessary reps, etc etc.
    I agree to both comments, how hard is this concept to follow.

Thank you for re-reading this thread and correcting yourself. Many others need to do the same. This isn't about loot, it is about achievements being account-wide.

Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    This is a classic example of 'give an inch, they'll want a mile' syndrome.
    We're not being "greedy" about being able to obtain the loot from the factions, just the achievement tally. Why should some things count for achievements but not others. "## Honorable Kills" Achievements are account-wide, All the "Explore this" Achievements are account-wide, "Dungeons & Raids" are mostly account-wide. Why are Reputations any different?

Quote Originally Posted by Trogdora View Post
    Disagree for sure. Reputation isn't something that should be account wide, considering that reputations offer rewards usually at exalted. Level 1 going to hyjal and buying gear? No thanks.

However, for Justicar/Conqueror those repuatations I would approve. Nothing else though.
    First off, we're not asking for the reputations themselves to be account-wide, and second that is just being plain hypocritical. In other words "I don't care about raiding reputations, I only need pvp reputations."

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    And as already was pointed out reputations ain't needed to raid or do dungeons in MoP. Period. Especially old world reputations. If you still want reward for having reputation at exalted - go and earn it.
    You say "you don't need reps to raid or do dungeons" well you don't need 150 mounts or 180 companion pets to do dungeons either, but they are account-wide. (I'm not complaining about that at ALL! I love all my pets and mounts :P )

Quote Originally Posted by zeropeorth View Post
    I don't really care, tbh. I'd transfer all my reps and achieves to my druid if I could, and be done with it. No way in hell though I'll do most of it over again, and to think of doing that on more than two toons, well, I'd seriously look into checking myself into an addiction clinic if I had the desire to do so. With 5 pets, a disabled elderly widowed parent, a wife with a baby on the way, studies, and work, plus general adult chores like cleaning, cooking, etc ... it would be quite destructive to waste time repeating those things for no reason other than to see the bar all green.
    For those people with lives outside of WoW, it would be a KILLER waste of time mindlessly re-grinding reps that will give up absolutely no benefits other than the achievement that I already have on another character (to 50). So re-grinding from 3 reps on a new toon is just out of the question.
    *side note* All 52 of my 999/1000 Exalted reputations (minus Horde Expedition) are in the "Inactive" tab. It just looks so pretty all green! *end side note*

With the new expansion coming out tomorrow I'd much rather being involved in leveling and taking in the Pandaren experience without feeling guilty that I just switch characters and my 53 exalted reputations was now pointless, just to grind them again and not get those achievement points until I reach the new 60 mark.

Surprisingly no one brought up the fact that there are reputations out there that you can no longer obtain; Shen'dralar, Zandalar Tribe. And who wants to sit there RE-killing pirates for hours to get their Steamwheedle Cartel reputations BACK to exalted, or farm MC for months (etc.)? None of these (particular) reputations offer any special loot or benefits other than counting towards the total reputations exalted. If someone wanted to re-roll a monk they shouldn't be penalized because they can't get Shen'dralar or ZG reputations.
    All we're asking for is the ACHIEVEMENT to be account-wide tally, not the reps themselves.