Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    its good and bad idea if you ask me :P but im ok with everything

I was 110% on board for account-wide mounts/achievements, but reputations are just too much... There's a line between removing the terribly frustrating RNG of mount drops across characters (3/10 Raven Lords on one char, 0/250 on another) and just removing the connection you have to your character.

disagree ,entirely....stop being lazy, different toons need their own identities in some way.man, come on.i have a level 90, should i just get handed a level 90 of every class and not have to level now?.i have a warrior and a priest , can my mage where plate? where does it end?, stop asking for further homogenization of this game and its mechanics.pretty soon different classes wont matter and different toons wont matter.everyone will look the same, sound the same, do the same dps, healing,whats the point of a toons rep? or even having seperate characters if all your toons are "blended" into one?

yes it makes main switching painful,deal with it, thats why something like that is carefully thought about and "heavy"

bad idea. you play different toons because they are different "entities" .when did idea this get lost? when did it all become about the person behind the keyboard instead of the toon on the screen?

i really hope blizz never does this..............

I would love to have reputation faction wide

Quote Originally Posted by valenzy View Post
    us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/5367158

He also says that Achievements went account wide not to hinder the player, Yet this is a conflicting statement? i think Ghost-crawler might be on meth. Forums are all about opinions etc. You are playing the character you are just doing one less grind that you HAVE done in the past. Why make achievements account wide? the exact answer is the same
    What do achivements have to do with reputations ? Nothing. They are not one and the same.Do you get an achivement for some exalted reps, sure, but to think that they should be account wide is assinine. No one is forcing you to play an alt. Have recent changes made the game more alt friendly ? Sure. However it is still very much about playing a "main" character.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

account wide reps

Quote Originally Posted by Synche View Post
    What do achivements have to do with reputations ? Nothing. They are not one and the same.Do you get an achivement for some exalted reps, sure, but to think that they should be account wide is assinine. No one is forcing you to play an alt. Have recent changes made the game more alt friendly ? Sure. However it is still very much about playing a "main" character.
    We don't want Account Wide Rep. That would mean if you were revered with Sands of time on a lvl 90 main, and you logged on a lvl 1 that lvl 1 would be revered.....thats just stupid. WE WANT account wide exalted faction achievements to be account wide.

Personally, if the EXPLORER title achievemts are all shared....kinda the same thing. Who would want to fly every inch of WOW over a second time for the credit for the achievement. Nope, that ones account wide. Same difference imho

Account wide rep? No...that would be rather strange. Would I be all up in arms if it happened? No.

One discrepancy regarding reps is how rep-based titles are handled. Example: Say someone has the Beloved title, for 60 exalted reps. They also have the Insane and Conqueror. Their new characters can don the titles of Beloved and Insane...but not Conqueror, despite the fact acquiring Conqueror (and Insane) contributed to the Beloved title. That particular doesn't make a lick of sense.

There's some consistency issues with the system (IMO), but overall, it's fine as it is. I'm not missing anything particularly important if my alts aren't exalted with, say, Hydraxian Waterlords.

Deleted
    Account wide rep, or atleast account wide rep boosts (larger than current) would be nice. I find it a major drag having to grind dailies on yet another character. If they did both MoP dailies and Cata dungeon rep I would be happier.

10+ Year Old Account
    I both agree and disagree with making rep account-wide.

Agree: People are stating that Blizzard removed the helm and shoulder enchants because they didn't want people to have to grind reputations for every toon in order to have necessary raiding enchants, etc. However, every VP item released in MoP is tied to a reputation. I agree with making rep account wide because it is a pain and a half to level another toon to 90, and then spend a week or two on Golden Lotus in order to open up August Celestials/Shado-Pan for VP items, if you want to gear an alt appropriately. Doing this several times over (after the initial grind) gets old very fast, and it discourages me from leveling alts that I want to play at 90. For example, I've had my mage at 90 for a while now, full 463 gear. She gets the same drops (or none at all) in LFR, so her ilvl never improves enough past the MSV LFRs. I can't bring myself to level reputations again, so she has no available VP upgrades to make the jump to the next LFR tier. I'm also not going to make/buy the 496/522 epics for an extravagant or high amount of gold because she isn't one of my important alts - just want to experience the later LFRs and ToT LFR on a ranged class.

Disagree: Achievements are a bonus, they aren't an entitlement. Reputation rewards are the same. They require work in order to get them, and they should be an individual accomplishment. While I think it would be nice to have rep account-wide, it isn't necessary (or really even good for the game).

Call me old fashioned, but I believe that when you earn rep with a faction it is your character who personally earns that standing. Why, thematically, would a random undead warlock I make be 'exalted' with Golden Lotus just because they love my Druid and his accomplishments? Speeding up the process for secondary characters is already a huge change that is more than enough in my view, and adequately walks the fine line between good game-play mechanics and keeping the in-game world thematically intact.

Quote Originally Posted by Faithshield View Post
    Call me old fashioned, but I believe that when you earn rep with a faction it is your character who personally earns that standing. Why, thematically, would a random undead warlock I make be 'exalted' with Golden Lotus just because they love my Druid and his accomplishments? Speeding up the process for secondary characters is already a huge change that is more than enough in my view, and adequately walks the fine line between good game-play mechanics and keeping the in-game world thematically intact.
    But on the other end of the spectrum, it was ME (as a player) who got exalted with a faction. All of my toons are an extension of me.

I wanted to get the shield from Shattered Sun exalted on my pally the other day. I checked my reputation and saw that I was Neutral. I forgot that my original paladin on my old account (which I no longer have) was the one who I played in TBC. I also have a mage I played in TBC who is exalted with SSO on my current account. It sucks that I have to spend time grinding out that faction again.

Outside of AB/WSG, are there any long grinds left anymore? Bloodsail can be incredibly fast if you plan ahead and most of the other reps can be done in a day now, or if they're tied to a raid the raid itself takes 30 mins to clear and you have to do it 4-5 weeks in a row.

Edit: As soon as I posted this I remembered Waterlord rep, but really that's just vanity at this point and if you want it you can put the time in to grind it out.

Quote Originally Posted by paulleedot View Post
    But on the other end of the spectrum, it was ME (as a player) who got exalted with a faction. All of my toons are an extension of me.

I wanted to get the shield from Shattered Sun exalted on my pally the other day. I checked my reputation and saw that I was Neutral. I forgot that my original paladin on my old account (which I no longer have) was the one who I played in TBC. I also have a mage I played in TBC who is exalted with SSO on my current account. It sucks that I have to spend time grinding out that faction again.
    I understand what you are saying, but I would personally prefer a catch up mechanic similar to Pandaria reps, and purchasable at Exalted (Not revered...)