Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Is fake casting no more??????

Ive just realised last night doing some BGs on my Disc Preeest that i cant fake cast anymore. And when you get interupted the lock out seems to last forever now. I tried using bandages to get interupted but it didnt work so cant tell if that works. And also SWeath no longer stops you getting sheeped?
    I got really good at fake casting and deathing polys or am i wrong?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by emoelitistthreadderailer View Post
    Ive just realised last night doing some BGs on my Disc Preeest that i cant fake cast anymore. And when you get interupted the lock out seems to last forever now. I tried using bandages to get interupted but it didnt work so cant tell if that works. And also SWeath no longer stops you getting sheeped?
    I got really good at fake casting and deathing polys or am i wrong?
    The point of fakecasting is exactly NOT to get interrupted
    Just remember, Counterspell, Spell Lock, Pummel (glyphed) and Heroic Throw (Glyphed) silences you for 3 seconds.
    Bandages always gets interrupt on any damage (even 1). The loss of SW is rather annoying indeed.

Deleted
    Yea i was really good against mages and stuff fake casting and deathing etc... Very rarely i got silenced unless in a big crowd in a BG, but in arena fake casting and poly dodging was sometimes the difference between a win and a whooping...

Deleted
    20 day duration silences / lockouts are so fun. Just as fun as those 3 month AoE fears.

sadly all new spelllocks silence you for 3sec now if they hit or if they fail
    6 on the school
    sw:d only is usable under 20% now alteast as disci you don't have free slots probably for it, sw. d only took you out of sheep due server lag so basicly it was not intended.

so still try to cast a shadowspell .. oh wait there are none! (with casttime) (with exepton of the aoe spell that uses shitload of mana) so you still can stopcast but using a diffrent school for fakecast is no more :< wana have my mindblast back.

sadly in bg it looks like they don't have dr .. atleast i was silence + stunned for around 10sec until i droped dead ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    20 day duration silences / lockouts are so fun. Just as fun as those 3 month AoE fears.
    my god there is something seriously wrong with your game, i only get silenced / feared for a few seconds, like max is 7-8 seconds in a fear... 3 months... how do you even play any other part of the game if you're in a fear for 3 months at a time.

Deleted
    I fear (you see wot i did thar ;p) tbh that pvp is becoming an uncoordinated clusterfuck of CC spamming (no signs of DR either as theres no time) and hard hitting shit lol
    Its almost impossible to cast spells at times with half decent enemies. Confuses me as to why we need so much CC etc.

silence,stun,freeze,stun,stun,freeze,fear,fear,freeze,fear,stun,silence,blasted away,root,fear,stun then hit for OVER 9000 (which crits btw for OVER 9bazillion thousand ;p)

In a BG, with loads of people attacking you it's not unusual to die whilst stunned and silenced in less than 8 secs.. maybe different at lower lvls tho

Deleted
    This will have a huge impact in arena i think.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by darkminaz View Post
    sadly all new spelllocks silence you for 3sec now if they hit or if they fail
    6 on the school
    sw:d only is usable under 20% now alteast as disci you don't have free slots probably for it, sw. d only took you out of sheep due server lag so basicly it was not intended.

so still try to cast a shadowspell .. oh wait there are none! (with casttime) (with exepton of the aoe spell that uses shitload of mana) so you still can stopcast but using a diffrent school for fakecast is no more :< wana have my mindblast back.

sadly in bg it looks like they don't have dr .. atleast i was silence + stunned for around 10sec until i droped dead ^^
    Your entire post makes me think you're completely clueless.

Fakecasting still works. SW: D above 20% will become a glyph in MoP (unavailable right now, but you should've seen it in your list). SW: D cancelling CC may not originally have been intended, but if they didn't like it they'd have nerfed it YEARS ago. There also would be no use of the mentioned glyph.

Being CCd/silenced for 10 seconds has always been possible. Not all stuns/silences share DR.

its going to be really hard to get a cast off when ur being tunneled, at least as disc i imagine

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadow Word: Death no longer does backlash damage when your target does not die and its usable only on targets below 20%, thats because of pve. I remember when i did not have 2set bonus from T13 (which decreases dmg you take from your SW: D by 95% ) i could kill myself with it sometimes.

But on the other hand you can get Glyph of Shadow Word: Death which makes the spell usable regardless of your target hp and backlashes the damage to you if the target does not die and it does only 25% damage to targets above 20% and no longer generates a shadow orb.

The problem is that its major glyph which is very sad for pvp players cause there are better glyphs to have and if they want the ability to cancel polymorphs, blinds, freezing traps etc they have to sacrifice major glyph slot and the SW: D no longer even generates shadow orb.
    The glyph as it is should be minor or it can stay as major but should still preserve the ability to generate shadow orb or its just not gonna be used.
    "Oh, you think darkness is your ally, but you merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it.

I didn't see the light until I was already a man and by then it was nothing to me but blinding." -Bane

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogar View Post
    Shadow Word: Death no longer does backlash damage when your target does not die and its usable only on targets below 20%, thats because of pve. I remember when i did not have 2set bonus from T13 (which decreases dmg you take from your SW: D by 95% ) i could kill myself with it sometimes.

But on the other hand you can get Glyph of Shadow Word: Death which makes the spell usable regardless of your target hp and backlashes the damage to you if the target does not die and it does only 25% damage to targets above 20% and no longer generates a shadow orb.

The problem is that its major glyph which is very sad for pvp players cause there are better glyphs to have and if they want the ability to cancel polymorphs, blinds, freezing traps etc they have to sacrifice major glyph slot and the SW: D no longer even generates shadow orb.
    The glyph as it is should be minor or it can stay as major but should still preserve the ability to generate shadow orb or its just not gonna be used.
    You misunderstand the glyph. It has no negative sides at all (except that you might hit with an SW: D at 21% health, and make it do less damage). It will still give a Shadow Orb if you use it below 20%.
    It's a shame that it takes a glyph slot. It should be the other way around, I think; that you glyph to only make it usable under 20%, but it no longer does backlash damage.

Deleted
    Its a real bummer tho. Deathing polys etc and fake casting were a huge part my (and many others i presume) disc playing style in arena and Bgs sometimes.
    I really enjoyed the skill/goodtiming/luck (call it what you like) of doing this and it gives you a little buzz when you pull some of these moves off as it turns a lot of matches (either way)..

Ive not done any beta at all though so havent done any pvp or arena at lvl 90 or what have you.... But i think Id rather have these two clever ways of doing things than a fear totem or roots etc..

Arena is like a game of high stakes poker to me ;p.. you gotta decide when to bluff or show your hand or raise the bar etc.... Now I think its going to come down to who has the most annoying CC and luck.

Deleted
    Its a real bummer tho. Deathing polys etc and fake casting were a huge part my (and many others i presume) disc playing style in arena and Bgs sometimes.
    I really enjoyed the skill/goodtiming/luck (call it what you like) of doing this and it gives you a little buzz when you pull some of these moves off as it turns a lot of matches (either way)..

Ive not done any beta at all though so havent done any pvp or arena at lvl 90 or what have you.... But i think Id rather have these two clever ways of doing things than a fear totem or roots etc..

Arena is like a game of high stakes poker to me ;p.. you gotta decide when to bluff or show your hand or raise the bar etc.... Now I think its going to come down to who has the most annoying CC and luck.
    Are you even reading posts? You'll get SW: D back, and fakecasting never went away.

Deleted
    Oh... but.. its a major glyph? i wont be using it in disc if it is.. and what can i cast as disc to fake cast?

Deleted
    Oh... but.. its a major glyph? i wont be using it in disc if it is.. and what can i cast as disc to fake cast?
    I believe you're confusing fakecasting and casting another school. Fakecasting is interrupting your own cast before the enemy's interrupt lands, as to allow yourself to keep casting. Casting another school is something else, and as far as I know you've got Dominate Mind for that (if you really want to get it). Aside from that, I don't think there is any (except the aforementioned expensive Mind Sear).

Deleted
    Ah i see what you mean. I prefer to cast another school, mind spike/blast as disc to get the silence. I get more success that way than cancelling my own heals for some reason. Ill have to go back to doing that then lol cheers.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Confuses me as to why we need so much CC etc.

silence,stun,freeze,stun,stun,freeze,fear,fear,freeze,fear,stun,silence,blasted away,root,fear,stun then hit for OVER 9000 (which crits btw for OVER 9bazillion thousand ;p)
    Yes there is far too much cc in pvp these days and not enough deminishing returns on it.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Deleted
    Ah i see what you mean. I prefer to cast another school, mind spike/blast as disc to get the silence. I get more success that way than cancelling my own heals for some reason. Ill have to go back to doing that then lol cheers.
    What. At high ratings that only works against interrupt hackers who just lock out whatever it is you're casting as soon as the CS/pummel/etc. is off cooldown; if you suddenly start casting mindblast as a priest with, say, a warrior/DK on you it's obvious you're just gona flop and they'll be confused as for why you'd ever do that, then giggle to themselves.

Fake casting will always be more effective than baiting a CS on a different school as a healer, unless all you do is random BGs where people lock out whatever they see you casting first, regardless of spec.