Awe as in awesome

Can someone explore places like Divinity's Reach, Black Citadel, and Lion's Arch and not feel awe and admire the designs ?
    The world, especially the cities, are truly amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Underwolf View Post
    Can someone explore places like Divinity's Reach, Black Citadel, and Lion's Arch and not feel awe and admire the designs ?

There is not a single day i play GW2 and don't see/stumble upon a view that makes me go "wow"

Have you found the best vista in Divinity's Reach? It's simply amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

As someone that plays on low settings, this is truly a game I am envious of those more fortunate with beefy computers. I can't imagine what the beauty of the capitals look like on max with proper fps.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say Lionas arch was quite impressive I was turned off completly by some of the home cities like the sylvari but otherwise the size and scale are quite impressive at first.

The 3 cities you listed are also my favorite 3. I will admit that the art team did an amazing job, just about every zone has views that make me just want to stop and look for a moment.

I play on max graphic settings, Its funny that I have all the vistas in these town and those "views" (wherever in this world) don't bind me even a second. Personally, I find it really boring, till now i encountered only two nicely looking designs. One of the first tier shrine in lonars pass, it just fits so nicely there. And some hidden cave with counter puzzles which lead to an old pirate grove where the ghosts of them still sequre ther chest

The last of this is still my only screen I done..The overall world design not got me to admire. Must be because graphic isn'T all for me, its more about atmosphere, and ther isn't really much till now (lvl ~65)
    Last edited by Keren; 2012-09-11 at 06:44 AM.

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

You can keep Black Citadel...that place is so horrible -_- Do not want it at all, like not even remotely.

Now Divinities reach though...I've spent more time running about there than I care to count at this point and don't think I'll stop in the foreseeable future. It's way to pretty and way too fun to explore every nook and cranny of.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do enjoy the aesthetic of Divinities Reach, the layout could be a bit more manageable, but its a nice place all things considered.

Lions arch, however, is awful. Hoelbrak is also nothing special, there seems to be no reason to go beyond the main building, the four huge lodges just dont have anything in them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Interesting to see how opinions vary. Some hate Black Citadel and Lions Arch, those are my two favorite places. A lot of folks really like Divinities Reach, I didn't care for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    I do enjoy the aesthetic of Divinities Reach, the layout could be a bit more manageable, but its a nice place all things considered.

Lions arch, however, is awful. Hoelbrak is also nothing special, there seems to be no reason to go beyond the main building, the four huge lodges just dont have anything in them.
    Politley disagree. The ice sculptures are quite nice.
    One of my fav vistas in Hoelbrak is the one on the back of the giant bear ice statue.
    But obviously every city has its own style, so it's about personal tastes.
    For me it's:

1) Divinity's Reach
    2) Hoelbrak
    3) Rata Sum
    4) Black Citadel
    5) the Grove

Had just a quick look at Lion's Arch, but i'm sure it'll be top 3.
    Last edited by mmoc6322d2f7bc; 2012-09-11 at 08:06 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Divinity's Reach is definitely my favorite city. The vista in the garden makes me stop there every time. Rata Sum and the Grove both inspire this feeling of... dream-like awe, like seeing NASA photos of galaxies, or being a young child and seeing science in action for the first time, and thinking it was magic. Black Citadel feeds my steampunk/historical interests. I love how while exploring in there you can come across the ruins of past human civilization (I'd probably appreciate it more if I had played GW1, but it bored me before even getting out of pre-Searing). And of course, the ice sculptures in Hoelbrak. Sure, things reflect a little oddly on them, but they're still pretty darn cool.

Haven't gotten around to exploring Lion's Arch, as I've been way too busy going through the starting zones and drooling over everything.
    You will find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

BLACK CITADEL IS SO ANNOYING THOUGH! I can't find all the POI's
    But yes, completely awesome in every way, I love it. ANet put such intricate areas in spots that they didn't even have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Artorias View Post
    BLACK CITADEL IS SO ANNOYING THOUGH! I can't find all the POI's
    But yes, completely awesome in every way, I love it. ANet put such intricate areas in spots that they didn't even have to.
    Probably my favorite part of Black Citadel is the Ruins of Rin...anyone who played GW1 should remember them...and they're implemented exactly the same. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrysoul View Post
    There is not a single day i play GW2 and don't see/stumble upon a view that makes me go "wow"
    There is not a single day I play GW2 and don't see/stumble upon a view that makes me want to go play WoW...

But seriously... There are some pretty vistas, but I personally found the structures, close up, pretty crappy.

-Alamar

Quote Originally Posted by Snuckerpooks View Post
    As someone that plays on low settings, this is truly a game I am envious of those more fortunate with beefy computers. I can't imagine what the beauty of the capitals look like on max with proper fps.
    Do what I do: Find a place that looks nice, bump all of your graphics up to the highest possible setting, take a few screenshots, then put the graphics back down and continue playing. FPS doesn't matter if you aren't moving. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    The beauty of GW2 is one of its main draws for me. From big to small, I find just about all of it to be awesome. I stopped by Lions Arch last night with my lvl 35 culture armor and saw someone there with some sort of burning molten set. With hot spots glowing and rippling. Simply gorgeous. If only I had the spare time and focus to work my way up to one of those puppies.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

I'm sad to report Divinty's Reach is one of the cities I haven't fully explored yet

http://imgur.com/a/GLUrB#0

Only 102. All taken on highest settings. Lots of Vistas. Random other stuff.

The bottom pictures are a few spoilers:
    Goonies-like puzzle, dragon that spawns in Sparkfly, there may be more but they're not real spoilers so it's ok.
    Note: Ones where I was NOT Asura are from BWE/Stress tests (first 20 or so?).

http://i.imgur.com/otYe8.jpg This one is the end of a fun jumping puzzle. It's purty!

Note 2: As a climber/explorer, I make it a point to find ways up certain paths that may normally not be able to be gotten up, sometimes utilizing my Guardian's Greatsword leap attack ^_^. Get some really cool views this way, and have a lot of fun.
    Last edited by WorldofWorkcraft; 2012-09-11 at 06:06 PM.