What do you think of citizens?

Ok the world is big... really big... and I get the concept of making so many NPC's called "citizens" in order to make the world seem populated... but what I cant figure out is why I need to see the name "citizen" and why I have the option to click on them even if they don't do anything (I have found that only NPC's with names have any purpose),

Is there an option to turn off the names of npc's so i dont see the word "citizen" or cant the dev's just treat these npcs as unclickable pictures so that you can see them but there is no way to interact with them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronk333 View Post
    Ok the world is big... really big... and I get the concept of making so many NPC's called "citizens" in order to make the world seem populated... but what I cant figure out is why I need to see the name "citizen" and why I have the option to click on them even if they don't do anything (I have found that only NPC's with names have any purpose),

Is there an option to turn off the names of npc's so i dont see the word "citizen" or cant the dev's just treat these npcs as unclickable pictures so that you can see them but there is no way to interact with them?
    Clicking on them usually invokes a small voiced bit of random dialogue. A bit of flavor.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's ones who talk/make jokes to each other etc, it makes it feel like a real environment.
    Like the human and the char kids syaing they're best friends in lions arch but not to tell each others parents etc.
    Or the guy talking about how they just pee into the rivers in lionsarch, cos it all comes out in the same place anyway, lol.

because they explain the creepy laughs at divine reach

10+ Year Old Account
    It makes the world feel alive. I like that there are these NPCs all over the world, randomly having scripted conversations with each other.

Sure, it's an illusion of life, but it makes the game feel more alive than in some other games. It's a neat way to "hide" lore in the game for people to stumble upon accidentally, too.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.