Poll: Do you agree with me?

Deleted

Cross faction mounts and pets, what do you think?

So they have made mounts and pets account- and factionwide, but if the mount/pet spell isn't exactly same but clearly other faction equivalent, it won't convert to opposing faction equivalent.

Some examples:
    Alliance get spectral steed by grinding TB, Horde get spectral wolf from grinding it,
    Alliance get cool mechanobird by grinding Crusader dailies, Horde get cool kodo by grinding them,
    Alliance get argent squire by grinding Crusader dailies, Horde get argent gruntling by doing so,
    Alliance get traveler's tundra mammoth with Alliance colors by buying it, Horde get same mount with Horde colors by buying it.

Any of those examples won't turn into opposing faction version, so if I would like to be completionist, I would need to do TB grind, Crusader grind, and purchase 20k mammoth again to get Horde versions of those things.

I think they should change system to convert pets&mounts into different faction equivalents, what do you think?

Deleted
    I think making stuff easier is tightening the noose of wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would Blizzard want WoW to live much longer? If they are working on a new MMO they will want to make people slowly unhappy with WoW andhave the next MMO pump them up big time.

I'm not sure if you meant for those mounts to be the only ones you listed or not, but all of the Alliance city mounts become the Horde equivalent mounts. I've only ever bought the Ally ones and one Wind Rider, but on my 85 Orc DK and Tauren Pally I have all of the raptors, wind riders, trikes, kodos, skeletal horses, wolves, springstriders and other Horde specific mounts. Even the spectral gryphon from the SoR on from my Gnome Lock became a wind rider. So I don't think that you have to grind them. I think it may have happened in a hot fix though because I didn't see them on my mount list until last night despite having had them all before. Either that or because my Pally was from a server/faction transfer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexsa View Post
    Why would Blizzard want WoW to live much longer? If they are working on a new MMO they will want to make people slowly unhappy with WoW andhave the next MMO pump them up big time.
    Because till then they still have to make money - and who says you can't have two great games running at the same time?
    I'd be quite a gamble to kill a game which has 10 million players, to just hope and have your next MMO achieve the same or better results.

I have far fewer mounts on my horde toons, but all the rare stuff is still there so I don't really care.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I have far fewer mounts on my horde toons, but all the rare stuff is still there so I don't really care.
    This! I have 105 mounts on my main alliance character. I have 40ish on my horde
    . I have my green proto drake and my ultramarine battletank. Who cares about faction mounts? They are easy to get

Deleted
    If a player really wants those mounts/pets, he can get them by playing. I admit that the grind for those would keep me from even thinking about it but hey... Some people might even have fun doing it. And some people will complain either way, so they might as well leave it as it is.

I think they should focus on getting it to work correctly before making any additional changes to what is and isnt "account-wide".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdozia View Post
    This! I have 105 mounts on my main alliance character. I have 40ish on my horde
    . I have my green proto drake and my ultramarine battletank. Who cares about faction mounts? They are easy to get
    20k gold for mammoth and few months of Crusader dailies aren't exactly easy, at least on my books.

---------- Post added 2012-09-12 at 06:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by elandan View Post
    I'm not sure if you meant for those mounts to be the only ones you listed or not, but all of the Alliance city mounts become the Horde equivalent mounts. I've only ever bought the Ally ones and one Wind Rider, but on my 85 Orc DK and Tauren Pally I have all of the raptors, wind riders, trikes, kodos, skeletal horses, wolves, springstriders and other Horde specific mounts. Even the spectral gryphon from the SoR on from my Gnome Lock became a wind rider. So I don't think that you have to grind them. I think it may have happened in a hot fix though because I didn't see them on my mount list until last night despite having had them all before. Either that or because my Pally was from a server/faction transfer.
    Hmm servers are offline now so I cannot confirm (edit: recently confirmed), but I am pretty sure that even though I have all those city mounts (ones you can buy with gold from city if you are exalted/right race) on my Alliance toon, my Horde toon doesn't have his city mounts (excluding ones I have bought on him). Do you play on EU or US?

EDIT: Nvm I didn't notice you had transfered, because I haven't.
    Last edited by mmoc43d3e71278; 2012-09-15 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexsa View Post
    No one is going to be pumped up for another mmo from a company who deliberately screws over their game. Look at Lucasarts after what they did to SWG. I know dozens of ppl that won't even buy games with the Lucasarts label anymore because of that.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."