Rune of the Fallen Crusader Vs. Dancing Steel enchant.

Hello,

As my current project is leveling a Death Knight it got me looking at upcoming MoP spells and such. I noticed an enchant called "Dancing Steel" seems at a 1ppm "Permanently enchant a melee weapon to sometimes increase your strength or agility by 1,650 when dealing melee damage. Your highest stat is always chosen. Requires a level 384 or higher item."

Now this has me wondering if Rune of the Fallen Crusader will be able to keep up. To get 1,650 Str you would need 11,000 Str. *Considering that the tier 14 appears to currently have 4,927 Str that's still over a 5000 Str gap that needs to be made up.*

Additionally if you are trying to min/max Dancing Steel appears to overtake RotFC at ~lower~ gear levels.*

Thoughts? Thanks in advance

You're not including base strength from being 90, or spec or Plate Armor Specialization; let alone gems or enchants.

Fallen Crusader is better.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

Deleted
    Fallen crusader will still pull ahead, don't consider something else

Fallen Crusader also has a much higher PPM than Dancing Steel.

Well first I think you numbers are wrong as I have about 6900 strength on live and stats should at least double at level 90.

Second, correct me if I am wrong, But doesn't RotFC have a better ppm then 1ppm?

Edit: K I just went and counted the total amount of Strenght from BiS gear according to EJ and I got 12,693 Str BEFORE weapons and minus a trinket (since one is missing form the list)

Short answer Our Rune will be better.
    Last edited by Kaosbringer; 2012-09-11 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaosbringer View Post
    Well first I think you numbers are wrong as I have about 6900 strength on live and stats should at least double at level 90.

Second, correct me if I am wrong, But doesn't RotFC have a better ppm then 1ppm?

Edit: K I just went and counted the total amount of Strenght from BiS gear according to EJ and I got 12,693 Str BEFORE weapons and minus a trinket (since one is missing form the list)

Short answer Our Rune will be better.
    First. Thanks for taking time to reply. I do want to clarify that I didn't take into account base stats. I do have to say I'm shocked that in five levels I could possibly double my StR.

While having over 12k stR in BiS shouldn't be too surprising. I'm thinking about the clown suit alot if us are going to be using stepping into the initial raid content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Excellent to know that our runes will still remain king, 'cause I saw this and was just about to post it.

Quote Originally Posted by zeekphreak View Post
    First. Thanks for taking time to reply. I do want to clarify that I didn't take into account base stats. I do have to say I'm shocked that in five levels I could possibly double my StR.

While having over 12k stR in BiS shouldn't be too surprising. I'm thinking about the clown suit alot if us are going to be using stepping into the initial raid content.
    I have almost 10k str right now at 85 fully buffed.
    also rotfc has much greater uptime then dancing steel will have (dancing steel has 1 ppm and no idea on rotfc but you can easily get 70% uptime)

One of the best perks of playing a DK:

Free weapon enchants that are guaranteed to be superior to anything else available.

Even still if we rolled with 9-10k Str, the rune should proc more frequently then the enchant making it better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    One of the best perks of playing a DK:

Free weapon enchants that are guaranteed to be superior to anything else available.
    Right? And swappable for 0g0s0c. You can't get any better

Quote Originally Posted by Kaosbringer View Post
    Even still if we rolled with 9-10k Str, the rune should proc more frequently then the enchant making it better.
    After I did some thinking I came about this conclusion too. 1650 Str once per minute vs (even at lower level gear) 1000 str up for 40ish seconds would be a superior overall increase.

Thanks to everyone who helped me limp along to this conclusion.