View Poll Results: If you could get away with it, would you cheat to get something you didn't deserve?

Voters
262. This poll is closed
  • Yes

116 44.27%
  • No

146 55.73%
Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Are you sick of Cheaters ?

So my question, if you knew you could get away with it, would you cheat to get something you don't deserve or would you rather keep killing that boss every week hoping for it to drop ?

Am I a dying breed of player ? Everyone I talked to has been like "So what, it's just a game" or "Why do you care"

Would you playing Monopoly if you could see the other players stealing from the bank ?

Why so many people are ok with this.
    I don't understand how you can reason this in your head that it's ok to get things in this manner, do you think you deserve them ?
    Do you even think about it at all ?
    I just edited my OP after I got done talking to a GM and they were already we aware of this issue, and action is coming. So it is indeed cheating/exploiting.
    Last edited by soulyouth; 2012-09-12 at 05:26 PM. Reason: talked to a gm :)
    Sig by Safhira

You know, I didn't even know about that website. I'm sure many others wouldn't have either. Why link that site here, and give it ANY undeserved exposure?
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

15+ Year Old Account
    edited it out
    Sig by Safhira

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure they'll miss you.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by soulyouth View Post
    Am I a dying bread of player ?
    What kinda cut loaf?

In seriousness. I don't cheat. There is absolutely no point or gain in it. You get found out, you lose. MMO's or otherwise.

moving this to your main account can only be done using Illegal methods / forged documents (crime).
    reports against those people will result in a perma ban.
    99% of illegal name changes get notary locked or perma banned from 1 day to a couple of months later.

Paying 400 euros to guarantee a future perma ban is laughable.

15+ Year Old Account

2 of them were guildies the other is a close friend of theirs. I've reported them and quit the guild till the cheater is removed.
    rofl get over yourself dude, like really.

ive been around this game forever, your not part of a dying bread you just part of a bread of stupid people who cry alot.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-09-11 at 11:51 PM.

Here's the way I have always looked at cheaters in terms of video games: WHY, oh why, would you EVER pay for a game, and then cheat? You bought something to enjoy, work on challenges, eat up some slow times, keep you occupied, .... if you cheat to get things or achieve things quickly... why the fuck even buy the game?

It's the most illogical thing I have seen in gaming: Pay $60-65 for a game, then download/code possibly even PAY MORE MONEY for a cheat.... and what does it get you? Less time with the game you just paid so much for, and KNOWING in your OWN mind you didn't even get the things you cheated for? Pfff. Fucking lamers, at least most of them are so pathetic they haven't figured out that their genitals are for breeding yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.
    Quoted for... truth? on 11/30/2011.

Deleted
    Would I? Maybe.

At that price? HELL NO!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cyqu View Post

ive been around this game forever, your not part of a dying bread you just part of a bread of stupid people who cry alot.
    So you're ok with people cheating ?
    Last edited by soulyouth; 2012-09-11 at 11:05 PM.
    Sig by Safhira

No, I am not all right with people cheating.

They're mounts, who cares?

No, I would not. I mean, as cool as those mounts are, there is no way in hell I'm spending that kinda money on a bunch of pixels.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

That monopoly analogy wasn't really appropriate.. all of those rewards are purely cosmetic. Stealing from the bank in Monopoly would actually have implications to the game play, purchasing a bunch of rare mounts and feats of strength is purely cosmetic and in no way affects game play.

I'd personally never spend that much on any game regardless of what I was getting for that money and it's just not important to me, but I think reporting them for that is kind of petty and sad. I absolutely despise cheating whereby a player gets an advantage over other plays as a result, but I don't consider what that guy did as cheating.

*edit* If he gets perma banned and doesn't get a refund on all that money spent, in my eyes that makes you by large a bigger scum bag than him. His actions don't affect game play, or have any real life ramifications, your actions cost a guy 400 euro that is seriously messed up.

Also, you might want to add an option or two to that poll - one that says something like "No I wouldn't, but he wasn't cheating"
    Last edited by Schmiggy; 2012-09-11 at 11:14 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmiggy View Post
    *edit* If he gets perma banned and doesn't get a refund on all that money spent, in my eyes that makes you by large a bigger scum bag than him. His actions don't affect game play, or have any real life ramifications, your actions cost a guy 400 euro that is seriously messed up.

Also, you might want to add an option or two to that poll - one that says something like "I'm sick of cheating, but he wasn't cheating"
    I want them to get banned and lose the account and the money, that's the point, they should not get anything out of this, they did not earn it through the system, they bypassed it (cheated).
    Sig by Safhira

I would do it, but not for that much, lmao..I actually just don't give much a shit anymore..just mounts..get over yourself and move on..no big deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want them to get banned and lose the account and the money, that's the point, they should not get anything out of this, they did not earn it through the system, they bypassed it (cheated).
    Sounds like you take this dying game to seriously that you would limit the fun that you personally are having (leaving the guild) because of what someone else did.

Spamming report only pisses off and slows down the ticket system for everyone, hope its worth it for your delicate self righteous feelings of "NO CHEATING ALLOWED"

Don't know what business of yours it is what they do with their money. Sure it's against the TOS but it really should be of no concern to you.

Quote Originally Posted by cyqu View Post

What does bread have to do with any of this?

10+ Year Old Account
    You must be apart of a different breed here.. I wouldn't give a shit if someone does that, it's their money and it's their risk, let them do what they like. Why should you care? Sounds like jealousy more than anything.