Lua errors please help

Hi, while I'm doing some old quests to finish off 3k quests/loremaster i keep getting an error every so often and i can not figure out what is doing it since lately it never seems to report the right addon making the errors.

inc lots of error logs sorry

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2x [ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED] AddOn "Ace3" tried to call the protected function "TalentMicroButton:Enable()".
    !BugGrabber-r188\BugGrabber.lua:587: in function <!BugGrabber\BugGrabber.lua:587>
    <in C code>
    FrameXML\MainMenuBarMicroButtons.lua:92: in function <FrameXML\MainMenuBarMicroButtons.lua:57>
    <in C code>
    FrameXML\WorldMapFrame.lua:200: in function <FrameXML\WorldMapFrame.lua:191>
    <in C code>
    <in C code>
    FrameXML\UIParent.lua:1738: in function "SetUIPanel"
    FrameXML\UIParent.lua:1543: in function "ShowUIPanel"
    FrameXML\UIParent.lua:1469: in function <FrameXML\UIParent.lua:1465>
    <in C code>
    FrameXML\UIParent.lua:2179: in function <FrameXML\UIParent.lua:2167>
    <in C code>
    FrameXML\UIParent.lua:2163: in function "ToggleFrame"
    <string>:"TOGGLEWORLDMAP":1: in function <string>:"TOGGLEWORLDMAP":1

Locals:
    nil

2x [ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED] AddOn "Ace3" tried to call the protected function "PVPMicroButton:Enable()".
    !BugGrabber-r188\BugGrabber.lua:587: in function <!BugGrabber\BugGrabber.lua:587>
    <in C code>
    FrameXML\MainMenuBarMicroButtons.lua:121: in function

2x [ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED] AddOn "Ace3" tried to call the protected function "GuildMicroButton:Enable()".
    <in C code>
    FrameXML\MainMenuBarMicroButtons.lua:139: in function

2x [ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED] AddOn "Ace3" tried to call the protected function "LFDMicroButton:Enable()".
    <in C code>
    FrameXML\MainMenuBarMicroButtons.lua:158: in function

2x [ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED] AddOn "Ace3" tried to call the protected function "AchievementMicroButton:Enable()".
    <in C code>
    FrameXML\MainMenuBarMicroButtons.lua:173: in function

2x [ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED] AddOn "Ace3" tried to call the protected function "CompanionsMicroButton:Enable()".
    <in C code>
    FrameXML\MainMenuBarMicroButtons.lua:190: in function

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2x [ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED] AddOn "Ace3" tried to call the protected function "WorldMapBlobFrame:Hide()".
    <in C code>
    FrameXML\WorldMapFrame.lua:1871: in function "WorldMapFrame_DisplayQuests"
    FrameXML\WorldMapFrame.lua:1933: in function "WorldMapFrame_UpdateMap"
    FrameXML\WorldMapFrame.lua:245: in function <FrameXML\WorldMapFrame.lua:231>
    <in C code>
    <in C code>
    FrameXML\WorldMapFrame.lua:201: in function <FrameXML\WorldMapFrame.lua:191>
    <in C code>
    <in C code>
    FrameXML\UIParent.lua:1738: in function "SetUIPanel"
    FrameXML\UIParent.lua:1543: in function "ShowUIPanel"
    FrameXML\UIParent.lua:1469: in function <FrameXML\UIParent.lua:1465>
    <in C code>
    FrameXML\UIParent.lua:2179: in function <FrameXML\UIParent.lua:2167>
    <in C code>
    FrameXML\UIParent.lua:2163: in function "ToggleFrame"
    <string>:"TOGGLEWORLDMAP":1: in function <string>:"TOGGLEWORLDMAP":1

Locals:
    nil
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I shortened all the "microbutton" ones down except the first one cause everything is the same except the function line in "MainMenuBarMicroButtons.lua"[COLOR="red"]

---------- Post added 2012-09-11 at 08:42 PM ----------

I deleted the Ace3 from my interface folder it then said Spy was the issue. Disabled Spy and says Atlas_Loot loader is now the issue. It just seems like it's picking whatever addon for the errors no matter what i disable. post 5.0.4/5.0.5 is starting to get really annoying. I had zero errors pre 5.0.4 and now regardless of addons being updated i keep getting some.
    Last edited by bOOURNS; 2012-09-12 at 02:42 AM.

Can you post a list of addons you use? Looks to be something related to the world map/minimap maybe

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

they're all taints, not really "errors" so to speak

these taints are because blizzard suck at fixing their own code and have a leaking variable

Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    Can you post a list of addons you use? Looks to be something related to the world map/minimap maybe
    I've narrowed it down ( I think ) to Spy, AtlasLoot and MoveAnything. When one or more of these three are enabled it happens, no errors(or taint) when all three are disabled. It took a while to find this out cause it really just picks a random addon to blame. At one point it blamed Tukui with MoveAnything enabled (with Spy and AtlasLoot disabled) but disabling MA stopped it from blaming Tukui and ultimately stopped any error or taint with the three listed disabled.

I can reproduce the error(or taint) by hitting my map button "M" while a quest mob dies, no error(or taint) if it is not a quest mob. (strange!)

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceDuck View Post
    they're all taints, not really "errors" so to speak

these taints are because blizzard suck at fixing their own code and have a leaking variable
    Is this just something I have to live with till blizz fixes or addon authors fix? I'm not good with lua at all but i am comfortable with changing/adding lines if I'm pointed in the right place needed.(if there is a temp solution)

I'm just OCD about seeing "There's a bug in your soup!" in my chat from BugSack/BugGrabber telling me there is a lua error
    Last edited by bOOURNS; 2012-09-12 at 10:21 PM.

its something blizzard need to fix, so you will have to live with it till they do

my own little 60 line addon gets blamed for stuff it doesnt even interact with, but if your happy editting code then something that fixes some of the taints is adding this to the top of the lua file

Code:
    local _
    but as i said, only seems to fix some of them

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceDuck View Post
    its something blizzard need to fix, so you will have to live with it till they do

my own little 60 line addon gets blamed for stuff it doesnt even interact with, but if your happy editting code then something that fixes some of the taints is adding this to the top of the lua file

Code:
    local _
    but as i said, only seems to fix some of them
    Ok I've seen this solution been said before but always seems vague to me.
    Do I literally just hit enter at the top to drop everything else down a line and put local _ in line 1?

Yes. What you're doing by adding that to the file is forcing any variables named _ used by the addon to be local. There's currently a blizzard issue where if you try to make a gloabl variable called _ it will cause taints.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Thanks for the help SpaceDuck and aggixx. I might wait to see if that new build 16057 mentioned on the front page fixes any of this on its own. If not then I will do as suggested.